Notices
Vishnu Performance - California [Visit Site]

s.m.a.r.t install and new software

Search this Thread

Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
very nice.. can't wait to try out that software.. hopefully someone can post up installation instructions!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 01:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jev3gs
Maybe i missed this but how is your software calculating the HP and Torque curves? Do you have a Roaddyno hooked up to it also or something? This looks very interesting. Now I can't wait to get my Smart system in too.
It basically _is_ a road dyno.

torque = delta RPM / delta Time

then power = rpm*torque/5252

The numbers you see are uncalibrated, so they don't correspond to recognizable units. I have code to do the calibration to SI units, but it's untested. That code is on the backburner since I'm not really interested in bragging rights. I'm more focused on reproducable results and numbers that are easy to assess.

d
Old Jul 21, 2005, 02:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by donour
Old versions are here: http://www.donour.com/cars/pyxede.

As I said, i'm working on the 2.0 series now, but 1.0 is functional and fairly well tested.

d

THANKS!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

i downloaded v1 and all the other stuff too..looks like it loaded and everything...now i just need to get my car back to try it!
Old Jul 21, 2005, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

good luck
Old Jul 21, 2005, 05:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Wow, this stuff is amazing donour. I just got my S.M.A.R.T. system installed last Saturday and it would be cool to figure out how to use your software to start doing some datalogging.
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:16 PM
Evolved Member

So Donour, what do use to load different maps into the Xede? My understanding is that your software is a datalogger only, correct?
Old Jul 21, 2005, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by QAT-R
So Donour, what do use to load different maps into the Xede? My understanding is that your software is a datalogger only, correct?
You are correct. My software does not currently support any mapping features. At the moment, i have to use a slowass pc emulator on my mac to run xmap. It's totally unusable though. I remember I spent the better part of an evening one time just getting the thing to burn the maps. I have, on occasion, gotten people to loan me a pc laptop so I can make adjustments to my maps. Obviously, a better solution is needed.

I've been thinking. As is, my software would be ideally suited for anyone wanting to building a car-pc that can provide a realtime datadisplay of what the xede is doing. You can slap linux on to very modest hardware and do fairly high refresh realtime monitoring of all the inputs and outputs.

d
Old Jul 22, 2005, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by freedom
Where are you getting the bung welded onto the down pipe? I need to find someone to do the same in the area.
You can have it done at AMS ... or ... I can sell you my old Vishnu Signature series downpipe (it already has the extra bung welded on).

l8r)
Old Jul 22, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

am i the only retarded one that does't really understand those graphs? are they labeled? im a computer/data noob....

i know nothing about programing and crap
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ludikraut
You can have it done at AMS ... or ... I can sell you my old Vishnu Signature series downpipe (it already has the extra bung welded on).

l8r)
DIBS! - Check PM's
Old Jul 22, 2005, 10:23 AM
Evolved Member

I have other other system that they no longer sell, thus the signature pipe won't fit. Thanks in any case.

I was thinking about AMS, I just didn't know if they would do a job that small.

Originally Posted by Ludikraut

l8r)
Old Jul 23, 2005, 10:06 AM
Evolved Member

First off I want to thank ludikraut for the use of his garage, tools, and so much of his time. Yes, the fellow evom'er volunteered to spend his entire friday night wrenching on my car.

Ok, last night had to have been the longest downpipe install in history. My back _still_ hurts. Some observations:

1) I wasn't able to fit the wideband through the hole in the footwell without some serious dremmeling. We tried for quite a while, but it just wouldn't fit without enlarging the hole. Anybody else experience this?

2) I'm now firmly believe that the wideband bung should be mounted at 12 oclock on the vishnu downpipe. Trying to mount it anywhere close to the horizon causes it to bump up against the rubber/hangers.

d
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:00 PM
Evolved Member

No problems mang, glad to help. We now have one more Evo owner that has come to hate the front plastic undertray and its seemingly infinite and infinitely obstinate plastic connectors. But after one upside-down cat, two stubborn bolts, and an "extra" gasket it was all good.

Now let's just hope that AMS can exorcise the gremlins plaguing my white Evo.

l8r)
Old Jul 23, 2005, 12:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by donour
First off I want to thank ludikraut for the use of his garage, tools, and so much of his time. Yes, the fellow evom'er volunteered to spend his entire friday night wrenching on my car.

Ok, last night had to have been the longest downpipe install in history. My back _still_ hurts. Some observations:

1) I wasn't able to fit the wideband through the hole in the footwell without some serious dremmeling. We tried for quite a while, but it just wouldn't fit without enlarging the hole. Anybody else experience this?

d
It is a tight fit, but it does fit through on every car that we have done this on so far. Which is ~15 or so. Call me later today on my cell dude.