Notices

RA **** the bed before the holidays..

Old Jul 2, 2005, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
RA **** the bed before the holidays..

Well my RA **** the bed yesterday after i went to get gas... I pulled up, turned off my engine, got gas at the place i've been getting gas for the last 2 years, and paid the guy. Went to start it up, it turned over but then died. Keeps doing that everytime i try it, and i did it enough that i figured i would have flooded the engine with gas and smelled gas from the tail pipe, nothing. So i'm assuming my fuel pump went or my injectors are ****ed... Whatever it is, i had to get it towed to the Mitsu dealer (thank god i didn't have my intake in) and leave it there. The worse part is that all my holiday plans for the 4th had to be cancelled due to lack of car... And they can't look at the car until tuesday when the service department is open. I had 3 mechanics look at it before it got towed, but they said just to have it towed to the dealer and they didn't want to take anything apart on it. They checked the fuses and everything, but it all looked fine. So yea i'll keep you guys posted.. i've been back to the dealer for faulty car parts way too many times this year... Tie Rod, AC, still back for suspension problems, Shifter cables binding and a frozen shifter linkage... man my bad luck... heh, i'll post again when i find out the problem. Enjoy the 4th everyone
-Lee
Old Jul 2, 2005, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sucks....... and good luck getting your car back from stealership.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 06:51 PM
Evolved Member

Were you right out of gas when you filled up?

Possible wrong gas in the tanks at the gas station?

either way that really sucks especially sine it wrecked your plans.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Couldnt be the gas, because ive seen a grand prix start up fine with diesel (however it didnt run too well after a couple minutes lol) Hm, and we all wonder why our mitsus cant hold value for sh*t.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

haah yea.. i'm not liking my car right now at all. Ever since i got it i've been visiting my dealership for warranty repairs and issues that "they cannot reproduce" although i can make it happen perfectly fine. But yea i have a fishing trip tomorrrow at 5:45 AM and my backup car.. well i started the up today, and lets just say it smokes more than my bbq smoker... I'm not liking any of my cars right now.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
Couldnt be the gas, because ive seen a grand prix start up fine with diesel (however it didnt run too well after a couple minutes lol) Hm, and we all wonder why our mitsus cant hold value for sh*t.
Yeah it makes me sad seeing RA's loosen value so fast. Amazing cars, just not all that well known. Ra's havent been around since civics and cars like that. in 5 years there won't civcs everywhere, there will be ra's everywhere... just give it time
Old Jul 2, 2005, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
Hm, and we all wonder why our mitsus cant hold value for sh*t.
Lets not jump to conclusions before we know what the problem is and what caused it.
Old Jul 2, 2005, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

yea, i was just talking to my mom about selling the car. I mean with all the trouble i'm having with it, i just don't find it a reliable car and i don't trash the car much either. And it sucks in the snow... and i'm stuck in boston for hte next 5 years for sure, and i guess i'ma look for awd (wrx or something of sort)... I'll keep you guys posted on what's wrong with the car, enjoy the fireworks
-Lee
Old Jul 2, 2005, 11:25 PM

You probably just got a lemon car I am sorry that sucks. I just blew my motor on monday (but that was my fault) screwed my plans as well.
Old Jul 3, 2005, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Jezzz...sorry to hear that Lee....
Old Jul 3, 2005, 08:35 AM
Evolved Member

look up ur local lemon laws. u might be entield to a new RA. ive never heard of anyone having so many issues!
Old Jul 3, 2005, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jotun
You probably just got a lemon car I am sorry that sucks. I just blew my motor on monday (but that was my fault) screwed my plans as well.
Damn... you say that so casual!!! How'd you do that? You have an Evo or Ralliart?
Old Jul 3, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

yea Jotun.. you say it as if it is normal. But yea i'ma check the local lemon laws.. but i think it's if you have problems with 3 of the same areas of the car "suspension, engine, etc" your car is a lemon.. otherwise if you have 2 suspension and 1 fuel management it don't count as a lemon.

Or something along those lines i'ma talk to my insurance company about it soon, i'm sure they know the laws, if not i'll look it up via the net. Well i'll keep you posted about the car, right now it's sitting at the tow lot in the dealership untilo tuesday when they can actually look at the car.
-Lee
Old Jul 4, 2005, 06:09 AM
Evolved Member

Unhappy

-

That sux big time!

Reading your posts I immediately thought "lemon law" myself... so let us know what you learned.

And cheer up man, I'm sure your car will be back in no time!

-
Old Jul 4, 2005, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

That really sucks man, hope all goes well from here on out!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: RA **** the bed before the holidays..