Notices
South Region Includes AR, LA, MS, NM, OK, TX, NE, KS.

Very bad experience with Knife Motorsports / Knife Fabrication in TX

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2005, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very bad experience with Knife Motorsports / Knife Fabrication in TX

If a moderator wants to lock this I am fine with that. I'm only posting this because I know Peter is trying to target (maybe not scam like he did me but it's possible) the EVO crowd with his products.

I just got off the phone with Peter Ehler's ex business associate and decided to finally make this thread. If you are reading this apologize for getting a little upset but I hope you know it's not towards or because of you.

It all started back on 11/13/04. I actually purchased all the parts on 11/30/04. I will start with all the private messages from another board.

Well.. I tell ya what.. I can hook you up with a good deal since you are ClubSi guy of course, but you might want to ditch the turbo, too. Eww.. gt32.. the mangled stepchild of some really nice turbos. GT30R is calling your name with its ball bearing yumminess and equivelant flow with much better spool. I'm assuming you would need a manifold, downpipe, and dumptube. What wastegate are you running currently? Is this for AC or not? What vehicle is this going into? B16? b18? etc.. more facts please =)

The only reason I ask about the gt30r is that I am overstocked on them.. would let one go to you for like.. 890 + shipping if you don't tell any one.. I'll talk to our fabricator today about the manifold and get back to you asap on that..

He actually had two in his "overstock". The $890.00 ended up being more but no big deal. Right?

Well, heres the deal. We are about 3-4 weeks out right now (Standard wait) while I wait for a mandrel machine. I can do the manifold, downpipe, turbo, dumptube, and new oil feed/return for XXXX w/standard ground shipping. Or of course you can pick up the turbo from me for whatever I quoted you before since I don't have that in front of me right now. Ideally in about 3 months we should have manifolds in stock, but with purchasing the company and moving everything around our delay has gone up a bit. Let me know!

I could of only wished they were three to four weeks out at the time. Here we go =(

The specs can be found on the precision website at http://precisionturbo.net/turb...=3023

The only thing not listed is the turbine a/r because it is acustom cast piece. According to precision it flows the equivelant of a .63 ar and is good for 500 hp. ALl I know is that I hit full boost by like 3500 rpms... or full boost for now which is about 15 psi.

It has the standard e cover and a standard 5 bolt discharge flange as well.

Money order is fine.. i can also take a credit card or bank card if that is easier since I am a business.. its your call =)

At this point I wanted todo a credit card transaction.

my cell is 512 423 XXXX and my name is Peter. Thats my cell and business line so if I don't answer I'm probably on the phone so just leave a message and I'll ring you back asap. Thanks!

I soon found out not answering was a normal practice for Knife.

yes.. the turbo is a bit lumpy, but it is still there nice and warm. My car should be on the dyno on tuesday so you can getan idea of what kind of power its good for on pump gas at least. Should be fun =)

Yeah.. its got a gt30r and a 75 shot on it right now held together with an exedy twin disk clutch. We will see how much it puts down on and off the bottle.

heres the manifold:

Took the pictures down.

HEy man. I know i'm impossible to get ahold of, but give me a call on my cell today 512 423 XXXX and we can get this all wrapped up and working on your manifold =) mwaahaha!! Time to make some power!

Impossible? Very.

Hey man! Most of your order is done! Just waiting on a couple of specific bends to show up to finish it up and shipt it out! I;l try to snap a few pics today for ya =)

This was on 12/13/04. Nothing was even close to being finished.

That would be the last time I heard from Peter over private messages. Over time I would talk to Peter off/on. It was VERY hard to get him on the phone. He said they were waiting on material to start fabricating again, my order was done, they had to use my turbocharger on "their" race car, etc. Then I couldnt get Peter on the phone at all. I finally got in touch with his now ex business associate. He said he didnt know what the deal was as Peter dealt with that side of things. He had Peter get back in touch with me. Peter said my order was done and being shipped. One week. Nothing. Two weeks. Nothing. What gives? I had to contact his now ex business associate once again. He said he would try his best to get everything finished. Again. Nothing. After this I couldnt get in touch with Peter if my life depended on it. Come to find out his now ex business associate was moving out of his shop because Peter had lied to him and customers using his business's name. After half a year I finally get my exhaust manifold, downpipe and dump tube. Where is my turbocharger? That's right. Peter ordered it, got a wastegate instead. Peter ordered it and it was on backorder. Peter "bit the bullet" and ordered it from ATP. Well ...

Return-path: <Sales@ATPTurbo.com>
Received: from ms-mta-02 (ms-mta-02-smtp [10.10.4.6])
by ms-mss-04.tampabay.rr.com
(iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 2.04 (built Feb 8 2005))
with ESMTP id <0IG800LSIM1H79@ms-mss-04.tampabay.rr.com> for
XXXX@Tampabay.rr.com; Mon, 09 May 2005 15:27:17 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from flmx04.mgw.rr.com (flmx04.mgw.rr.com [65.32.1.49])
by ms-mta-02.tampabay.rr.com
(iPlanet Messaging Server 5.2 HotFix 2.04 (built Feb 8 2005))
with ESMTP id <0IG8000GQM1H8P@ms-mta-02.tampabay.rr.com> for
XXXX@Tampabay.rr.com (ORCPT XXXX@Tampabay.rr.com); Mon,
09 May 2005 15:27:17 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from atpturbo.propagation.net
(atpturbo.propagation.net [64.182.11.176])
by flmx04.mgw.rr.com (8.12.10/8.12.8) with ESMTP id j49JQ7Pv014521 for
<XXXX@Tampabay.rr.com>; Mon, 09 May 2005 15:26:56 -0400 (EDT)
Received: from http://www.atpturbo.com (localhost [127.0.0.1])
by atpturbo.propagation.net (8.11.6p2/8.11.6) with ESMTP id j49J7Q013969 for
<XXXX@Tampabay.rr.com>; Mon, 09 May 2005 14:07:26 -0500
Date: Mon, 09 May 2005 14:07:26 +0700
Subject: Re: <<:GT3076RLE>>
In-reply-to: <200505070057.j470vMO25823@atpturbo.propagation.ne t>
To: XXXX@Tampabay.rr.com
Reply-to: Sales@ATPTurbo.com
Message-id: <20050509140726.M31805@ATPTurbo.com>
MIME-version: 1.0
X-Mailer: WMail 1.64 20020516
Content-type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1
X-OriginatingIP: 208.57.109.204 (sales)
X-Virus-Scanned: Symantec AntiVirus Scan Engine
References: <200505070057.j470vMO25823@atpturbo.propagation.ne t>
Original-recipient: rfc822;XXXX@Tampabay.rr.com

Hello:

I see an open quotation but not an official order. We're still awaiting
payment info from the buyer to make it "a live order".

ATP

>
> I'm a customer of XXXX that has been waiting for a
> GT3076RLE for sometime now. Peter at XXXX said he bit the
> bullet and ordered the GT3076RLE for me through you all. From what
> he said you all were just waiting for a compressor cover and were
> going to drop ship it to my location. Nothing has shown up. I want
> to see if what he is saying is true. This would help me ALLOT
> dealing with this problem. The drop ship address he would of gave
> you is below. Thank you!
>
> XXXX Inc.
> ATTN: XXXX
> XXXX
> Oldsmar FL 34677

No dice Peter. I could go on and on with this whole situation but I am at my end. Peter's ex business associate said he is trying to sell Peter's old turbocharger (anyone want to buy a GT3767S) to pay for my GT3076RLE. I have also filed a backcharge but the process date is so old it's highly unlikely it will be approved. I'm going to speak with my lawyer this week to see if it's even worth pursuing Peter over this amount. If not the only thing left todo is for us to take vacation in Austin Texas to see if we can get this matter resolved in person.

I got Peter's new phone number from his ex business associate so I am going to try and call him tomorrow. Not going to be on good terms =(

Everyone that has done business with me ( http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread?id=936892 ) knows I am willing to work with them due to backorders, personal problems, business move, etc.
Old Jun 20, 2005, 08:29 PM

he used to post on this board:
http://www.texasracingscene.com

ask around there. maybe someone will know how to contact him or something.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 05:33 AM
Account Disabled

*Sigh* The person who was handling this business was the same employee who was stealing from me, etc. He is selling my turbocharger BECAUSE HE STOLE IT along with my manifold, downpipe, trunk, several thousand dollars in materials, and more then 20K money in the last 6 months. I would be more then happy to discuss the details with you if you would like. Please pm me some contact information and I'll call you today.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 05:34 AM
Account Disabled

I'll also be more then happy to put you in contact with the AUstin police department who can verify this information for you.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 05:49 AM
Evolving Member

When did all of this thievery occur?
Old Jun 21, 2005, 06:11 AM
Account Disabled

The end of May for the property. The money since at least February.

Last edited by MayhemSi; Jun 21, 2005 at 08:51 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 07:58 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
MayhemSi - did you address this problem:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=142325
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:09 AM
Former Vendor

good write man..
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MayhemSi
The end of June for the property. The money since at least February.
To tell you the truth from what i have heard i think that you deserved to get your stuff stolen. How many people have you screwed so far? Im tired of seeing a post made by you and then somebody else comes asks for their money. When they do that, you don't post again for a long time. You're one shady SOB That is not a way to run a business. I'd say forget your **** that you lost and pay back the people you screwed. Maybe thats why shady *** got robbed, because of the way you run your business. I don't even know why you brought up this crap in the first place. This thread was to discuss about a person's bad experience with you and you get on here trying to look like the victim.

I think it would be a safe assumption that this hasnt only happened on Evom.

Last edited by SilverEvo8owner; Jun 21, 2005 at 08:32 AM.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:32 AM
Evolved Member

**** one fab now...i wanted the manifold on my rsx so bad...i ordered it..made an order through a guy name matt( i think thats his name)...then 3 weeks later, i called matt again to see wat the update was on my manifold...he told me he is running his own business...he told me if i still wanted the manifold, he would have to charge my cc again...i asked about the first cc transaction, he said to call peter(his old business partner) to cancel that transaction...i called peter....never answered phone, and left several messages!!! so i said forget everything...told cc company to dispute charge...
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

I hate people who run SH***Y businesses, just give people what they paid for when they pay for it. Nothing worse than the run around...especially for half a year, I feel for you man. Too bad this ain't the good old mob days...
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:48 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by eling99
**** one fab now...i wanted the manifold on my rsx so bad...i ordered it..made an order through a guy name matt( i think thats his name)...then 3 weeks later, i called matt again to see wat the update was on my manifold...he told me he is running his own business...he told me if i still wanted the manifold, he would have to charge my cc again...i asked about the first cc transaction, he said to call peter(his old business partner) to cancel that transaction...i called peter....never answered phone, and left several messages!!! so i said forget everything...told cc company to dispute charge...
Please pm me your info. This is exactly the kind of evidence I need.
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:49 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SilverEvo8owner
To tell you the truth from what i have heard i think that you deserved to get your stuff stolen. How many people have you screwed so far? Im tired of seeing a post made by you and then somebody else comes asks for their money. When they do that, you don't post again for a long time. You're one shady SOB That is not a way to run a business. I'd say forget your **** that you lost and pay back the people you screwed. Maybe thats why shady *** got robbed, because of the way you run your business. I don't even know why you brought up this crap in the first place. This thread was to discuss about a person's bad experience with you and you get on here trying to look like the victim.

I think it would be a safe assumption that this hasnt only happened on Evom.
I requested his current contact info to try to rectify the problem and to get the full story on the situation. It is more complicated then you have any idea, nor is it anything I can even post on a public message forum. Don't assume that I won't take care of the situation... and I'm sorry... but noone deserves to be stolen from...
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Man, you got caught with your pants down...... Your only real recourse now is to try and set everything right, this whole theft story is your way of covering sketchy deals. Maybe it was someone who you were in the process of ripping off who took your stuff, in which case what goes around comes around. I think that it is called Karma........
Old Jun 21, 2005, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MayhemSi
I requested his current contact info to try to rectify the problem and to get the full story on the situation. It is more complicated then you have any idea, nor is it anything I can even post on a public message forum. Don't assume that I won't take care of the situation... and I'm sorry... but noone deserves to be stolen from...
Including people's money

Quick Reply: Very bad experience with Knife Motorsports / Knife Fabrication in TX