Notices
Evo 'For Sale' Exterior Styling Includes spoilers, body kits, tail lights, gauges, shift knobs, and other styling components.

Introducing: 42 Draft Designs EVO Triple Gauge Panels!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2005, 06:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Introducing: 42 Draft Designs EVO Triple Gauge Panels!

Before I get into the sales info, let me introduce 42. My name is Evan and I am the owner of 42 Draft Designs. We are big in the VW scene, but due to recent demand we've developed some products for the EVO VIII. We specialize in CNC machining and injection molding - manufacturing processes which we use to make lighting, gauge mounts, and other products for the VW (and now EVO) marketplace. We pride ourselves in creating products with an OEM fit and finish, while also offering affordable pricing. Aside from the gauge pods, a big hit for us are our gauge solutions. We package our gauge mounting products with VDO and Stewart Warner gauges, LED lighting, senders, adaptors, wiring, and thorough instructions to create the most complete gauge kits on the market. Take a look at our website to see what we do and don't hesitate to make more product suggestions for the EVO!

www.42draftdesigns.com

Now, onto the Gauge Panels...

Add some stylish and functional gauges to your Lancer EVO with this in-dash triple gauge panel. CNC machined from 1/2" aluminum, our panel offers a flush fit to the OEM center console. Professionally painted to match the EVO's interior trim, our panel is sure to be the most OEM-look gauge mount on the market. Installation is from the back of the center console and fitment is completely flush. The gauge bezels overhang the panel and are used to secure the panel to the console. No extra brackets or hardware are necessary. Fits the popular 2 1/16" (52mm) gauges.Check out our website for more pictures!

We have close to a hundred in stock and have already been selling them without the website even being updated! Though I need to update our Gauge Solutions page, we can create a gauge kit which suits your needs. Check out our gauge selection to choose your gauges, and email or call us for a price quote. We have created the adaptors needed to correctly install oil pressure and temp senders, and can put together the kit that's perfect for you.

Look forward to making more cool stuff for the EVO VII!

Evan Dent
Old Mar 12, 2005, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

I've seen their older version in person (the old one wasn't flush with the mount like this is) and lemme tell you, for the price (and even not for the price), it's freakin awesome... looked like it was working great, and even not flush it still looked great... I may end up purchasing one of these soon, if I decide a memory feature isn't that important, though (correct me if I'm wrong) you guys make it with no gauges if we want and we could put our own in, right?... bump for a great product, even though you just posted it!
Old Mar 12, 2005, 06:48 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks!

It is sold without the gauges, as everyone wants a different gauge. The price for the panel alone is $65.

The old EVO setup was very affordable. When I get the website updated we'll be releasing many setups to choose from. The price will be more than the original setup because the gauge panel is now $65 instead of the $20 VW gauge panel. of course, if you are looking to save money the VW panels works like a charm. Pictures can be seen of the old setup in the write-up on the front page:

https://www.evolutionm.net/features/...vomfeatures/45

Evan
Old Mar 12, 2005, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

Looks good and $65 is not a bad price at all!
Old Mar 13, 2005, 09:50 AM

I'd purchase this, but I have 60mm gauges.

Possible to manufacture a 60mm panel?
Old Mar 13, 2005, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Yes I would like to second the 60mm!
Old Mar 13, 2005, 01:02 PM
Former Sponsor

60mm is alot bigger than the opening of the console. I am sure we could design a panel which would house 60mm gauges. It would not sit flush with the DIN opening, it would have to overhang. You would also have to cut your console to fit the gauges.

Thinking about it, we would have to machine the panel to extend almost the whole recessed area. It would be alot more machine time which would increase the pricing a bit.

How do you EVO owners feel about cuttting your stock console, the panel being larger and covering the whole opening, and higher priced?

Evan
Old Mar 13, 2005, 03:31 PM
Evolving Member

i bought one of these about a year ago and filled it into the HVAC panel, turned out nice. I also had one of these panels in my MK4 GTI, and it fit perfectly. Nice guy to boot. Good luck.

serge03 aka sergevr6t
Old Mar 13, 2005, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

just bought one. sweeet
Old Mar 13, 2005, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

man, I'm seriously thinking about getting one of these... this looks really nice, thanks for making this new product for us!
Old Mar 13, 2005, 05:18 PM
Former Sponsor

No problem guys, and thanks for the orders!

I've been working most of the weekend loading up the VW a-pillar gauge solutions. I hope to get to the EVO solutions this week. Until then, if you want a full kit email us or call us during the week (m-f 9-5) 443-623-4848
Old Mar 13, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

is there any discount for buying the whole kit (gauge panel, stewart warner gauges, fitting lines)?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:58 AM
Former Sponsor

YES

Call or email for a price. Just let use know what gauges you want and we'll put it together for you and price it out
Old Mar 14, 2005, 06:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
Those look really nice.

Kind of off topic but, I've got the ATI steering column pod. I like the idea behind putting the gauges on the column but, you loose most of the speedometer and all of your aux. gauges because of the adjustability of the pods. Would you consider making a column pod that replaces the top half of the column cover with the gauges in a fixed location down low so you can see the factory gauges?
Old Mar 14, 2005, 05:12 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks for all the orders today guys!

Regarding the steering column mounts - we made a decision a while back to not make any of these. Reason being we don't like the stick-on method, and injection molding them requires a really large molder which isn't in the budget. If we make a steering column mount for one car, we have to do them for every car.

Anyways, to address the question - You could probably make a pod which requires you to cut out the top of the stock part and will allow the gauges to sit lower. YOu have to be weary of what's underneath though. I know in the VWs that you can't drop the gauges any lower due to steering wheel clearance and the steering adjustment mechanism which is under the stock trim.

Maybe consider doing a custom pod... take a couple generic gauge pods and a spare stock column trim and have at it... some cutting, fitting, and bondo would do the trick. Flat black spraypaint. Just an idea.

Quick Reply: Introducing: 42 Draft Designs EVO Triple Gauge Panels!