Notices

The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread

Old Nov 11, 2004, 05:55 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread

The reason I am posting this is because I have seen the same questions asked countless numbers of times. And this may help some people who just read posts and dont post anything. Here are some of the top questions I have seen and the answers to them:

1)Do they make any aftermarket taillights for our cars?

Yes, Depo now makes blacked-out tails. RRM has them.

2) Will Evo taillights fit our cars?

No

3) Do they make a header for our cars?

Yes, 4:1 header/downpipe combos are now available. See RRM for details.

4) Do they make a carbon fiber hood for our cars?

Yes. www.roadracemotorsports.com and www.body-kit.com
and www.ceriousperformance.com

5) Who makes body kits for our cars?

Accolade is the company you will hear of most of the time and it is best to review the company and the product before making a purchase. www.roadracemotorsports.com also makes a Gialla/Evo9 style kit.

6) Do they have a full suspension setup (shocks/struts and springs) available for our cars?

Any coilover for the OZ will work on the Ralliart. Tein, Nex, Ksport, and Megan Racing are the more notable companies offering coilovers. Tein, Eibach, and Progress make lowering springs.

7) Do they make a cold air intake for our cars?

Yes. www.roadracemotorsports.com sells theirs and Injen makes one. AEM also makes one but for manual only. Injen sells one for autos.

8) What is our lug configuration/setup?

5x114.3

Please anybody else who thinks I missed something, please post it. I am not flaming the people who put posts asking these questions, (as that is the only way to find out answers) this will just be a general FYI for people in the future. And for anybody who has any questions, feel free to hit me up on aim at Blkralliart04, I am always willing to help.

Last edited by otter; Mar 3, 2007 at 05:15 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 06:08 AM
Evolved Member

Talking

-

I got one:

9) Will the Evo hood/trunk/whatever fit the 03/04/05 RA/ES/OZ?

Not a chance in hell, they are two different cars! Get it?!? If you're lucky, the badges might fit though...

edit- evo trunks will fit on 02-03 lancers

Last edited by BLKRalliArt04; Dec 19, 2005 at 07:09 AM.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Don't forget to add that there are NO spark plug wires on a Ralliart. Each spark plug has a coil sitting directly on top of it.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 12:56 PM
Evolving Member

HOW about

: Ralliart and the 04 es oz models are the same body style different engines. If a bumper is made for the ralliart it will fit the es oz and vice versa.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 04:13 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Point out that people who want different tail lights have the option of buying the red ES/LS ones from a dealership, or trading off an '04 ES/LS.

AEM also just about has a CAI out.

Progress makes lowering springs for our car, as does EiBach. It's been proven that OZ springs fit the RA.

No, a grounding kit will not make your car faster.

Also, I believe the stock wheels have a backspacing of 42.

Any shortshifter made for the Evo will work with the Ralliart.

Finally, if you're that worried about your warranty, don't mod your car.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 04:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about the fact that (I think and may not be fully true about this) But 2004 Evo short shifters fit the Ralliart... Don't take my word for it, i read it somewhere.. Please correct me on this or confirm it...
Old Nov 11, 2004, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Exclamation

I almost forgot the biggest one of them all...

A MOD TO YOUR CAR CAN ONLY VOID THE WARRANTY IF THAT SPECIFIC MOD IS THE SOURCE OF THE PROBLEM So if you put on lowering springs and your alternator goes bad, since the springs have nothing to do with the alternator, you wont have any problems voiding the warranty.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 06:05 PM
Evolved Member

Intake questions

Here are a couple more I though of. Since there are so few engine mods available for Ralliarts, people seem to make a lot of posts about intakes cause they are pretty much one of the very few horsepower making parts available as of now. Here are some pointers when it comes to intakes.

1) Who should I go with for CAI's? Injen? RRM? AEM? And which will provide the most gains? ( Let me mention also that the cai from AEM has not come out yet, but will soon.) In all honesty, as far as power, they are going to yield approximately the same amount of power, or in other words, not enough for you to feel anything drastic over the other. The intakes themselves are just made from different materials (which I will not get into because it isnt all that important) and the filters are different. I will not get into the specifics as this is for NOOBS. Just know that from a horsepower perspective, there is a not a noticeable difference between the three brands.

2) CAI vs SRI vs "drop in" K&N filter---I will make this short and sweet, the advantages of a cai is power, most of the time they generally make more power than an sri because the filter is relocated outside the engine bay for a cooler air flow. They also make a pretty nice noise. The disadvantages of a cai is the VERY slight chance of it ingesting water from the road and bogging the engine up, but this is so rare that I would disregard this. The advantages of an sri arent all that great, as I have one for my RA and I did not recognize a thing as far as power. The only advantages are the ease of installation and an impressive noise at around 4000 rpm's, however since they are only soaking in hot air from the engine bay, power is quite minimal. I dont even consider a drop in filter to be a power mod, since I have no experience with this item I will let somebody else comment on this, but I can tell you this much, dont expect any crazy performance gains. Overall, dont expect an intake to give you an extremely noticeable feel, it will give some, just not as much as some might anticipate.

3) Will an intake void my warranty?---Like I stated earlier, unless it is the source of the problem, no it will not.

These are just a few questions about intakes, feel free to elaborate.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 06:46 PM
EvoM Administrator

The choice of what brand of CAI is simple - if you live in an area where you don't need to worry about hydrolock (not a lot of rain, roads don't flood), go with the RRM one piece. If you want the option to use a bypass valve or run in short ram configuration for part of the year, buy a 2 piece from Injen or AEM. Having a hard time deciding between Injen and AEM? Buy whichever is less expensive, and there will be no major benefits between the two.

If you just want a SRI, either go with the RRM one (inexpensive and from a good company) or the RMR one (when it's released). The RMR one will come with a heat sheild, so it should be a little more resistant to heat soak, but not as much as a CAI.
Old Nov 11, 2004, 10:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04

8) What is our lug configuration/setup?

5x114.3

Add: Do Evo wheels fit our 04 Lancers?

No they won't fit.
Old Nov 16, 2004, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Thought I would throw this in, here are the bulb numbers that fit our cars:

2004 MITSUBISHI Lancer

High & low beam headlamp
9007ST Silverstar High Performance Halogen Upgrade: The Look of HID: Whitest, Brightest
9007XV XtraVision Halogen Upgrade: Up to 20% Brighter
9007CB Cool Blue Halogen Upgrade: White Hot; Super Cool; 100% Street Legal
9007LL Long Life Halogen Upgrade: Lasts 3x longer

Parking light

Front turn signal

Tail light

Stop light

High mount stop light

Fog/Driving light
H3-55W
H3ST Silverstar High Performance Halogen Upgrade: The Look of HID: Whitest, Brightest

License plate

Back up light
921LL Long Life Upgrade: Up to twice the life of the standard lamp

Front sidemarker

Dome light
DE3175

Trunk/Cargo area
DE3022

__________________________________________________ __

I got these off the sylvania website
Old Nov 18, 2004, 06:28 AM
Evolved Member

-

Another addition to the thread... things that have once again been asked just minutes ago!

Yes, the steering wheel from the Evo will fit the RA (notice that the Evo doesn't come with cruise sontrol, so you loose that).

Yes, the gage cluster from the Evo will fit the RA without any mods whatsoever.

-
Old Nov 18, 2004, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

My add ons to this...
-The Evo spoiler will not fit the Ra without drilling new holes..
-The Ra spoiler will fit anyother model except the Evo..

the reason Ive posted threads on the intakes was because I wasnt sure if there were any known problems with any of them(voiding warrenties)IE (using the bypass valve on the injen cai),also I want to know wich one people think sounds better ect..Im buyin mine for the sound and look..
Old Nov 20, 2004, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Heres one I thought would be beneficial,

Where can I get the Evo 8 wing/spoiler?
The best place to get an Evo 7 or Evo 8 wing would have to be Ebay. If you want to go OEM and get the REAL DEAL CARBON FIBER, prepare to spend upwards of a thousand dollars from the dealership. The wings off ebay will run you about 320 painted, and about 200 primed (just an estimate). The ONLY problem with these wings is the fact that they have a tendency to "bounce" a little bit when you get up to around 50-60 mph.

Last edited by BLKRalliArt04; May 21, 2005 at 12:29 PM.
Old Nov 20, 2004, 12:45 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by BLKRalliArt04
Heres one I thought would be beneficial,

Where can I get the Evo 8 wing/spoiler?
The best place to get an Evo 7 or Evo 8 wing would have to be Ebay. If you want one painted, get it from "exotictruck_auto". Another good vendor for Evo wings is "autoearth" but I would choose exotictruck over them (higher rating). If you want to go OEM and get the REAL DEAL CARBON FIBER, prepare to spend upwards of a thousand dollars from the dealership. The wings off ebay will run you about 320 painted, and about 200 primed (just an estimate). The ONLY problem with these wings is the fact that they have a tendency to "bounce" a little bit when you get up to around 50-60 mph.
If you want a wing that isn't flimsy, but don't want to pay a grand for the factory wing, the Accolade wings are the middleground. They aren't cheap plastic so they don't buffet in the wind, but they aren't carbon fiber and expensive.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The Official Ralliart NOOB Thread