Notices
General Engine Management / Tuning Forum Discuss general EMS tuning concepts that do not pertain to a specfic brand or product.

*** UTEC Control Center release 3 available ***

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Arrow *** UTEC Control Center release 3 available ***

UCC Release 3 is now available at http://norcalevo.net/ucc/ucc-current.zip This release adds audio alarms, and a couple of handy commands for creating / smoothing timing maps. The revision history is at http://www.geocities.com/biggerboogieman/ucc

UCC is a map editor / data logger / analysis tool for the EVO UTEC. See the original announcement at https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ad.php?t=94938

The timing map tools are "Create Skeleton" and "Fill Map". Create Skeleton is the first step in creating a timing map from scratch, based on the ECU timing taken from a log. It takes a single full-throttle run from the logger (you select the run in the logger first), and puts one value into each row of the timing map by interpolating the nearest value at each RPM row. You then use Fill Map to automatically fill in all the missing values. Fill Map begins with the first row that contains a non-ECU value, and puts a value in all ECU cells by interpolating/fudging from neighboring cells. So if you do a Fill Map after Create Skeleton, you will have created a complete timing map based solely on the ECU timing values from a run in the logger. Believe it or not, this can produce a timing map that's very close to what your ECU wants to run. It should at least give you a better starting point than the default maps. Check the UCC help file for more complete instructions.

Instead of using these two commands together to create a map from scratch, you can also use Fill Map by itself to smooth out or complete an existing timing map. Just set any cells you don't like (or don't know what the values should be) to "ECU", and Fill Map will automatically calculate those values for you. Keep in mind that it only functions between the top-most and bottom-most rows that contain a value, so if, for example your map is all "ECU" from 500 to 3000 RPM's, Fill Map won't be able to do anything in that range. But if you put a single value somewhere in the 2000 RPM row, it would then be able to fill the entire 2000 row and the other rows below that.

The audio alarms can be handy for "audio shift lights", as well as warnings for things like knock, lean AFR, high boost, etc. They work in conjunction with the Logger. You create an alarm by choosing a trigger condition, and a .WAV file to play when this condition becomes true. Once an alarm plays, it won't play again until the condition becomes false for a certain amount of time (configurable for each alarm). Note that before alarms will function, you need to select an audio format in the Preferences screen. Check the UCC help file for details.
Old Nov 5, 2004, 04:49 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Nice.. I didn't install it yet, but are the cells color coded by value now so you can see a visual representation of your map?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 04:28 AM
Evolving Member

No, but it's on my list. I haven't hashed out the details of doing this in a way that the text will be readable while using multiple shades of foreground or background colors, and still being able to denote "modified" cells...
Old Nov 19, 2004, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BigBoogieman
No, but it's on my list. I haven't hashed out the details of doing this in a way that the text will be readable while using multiple shades of foreground or background colors, and still being able to denote "modified" cells...
Your program is AWESOME .... It is alot easier to use than the original Utec interface.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 05:07 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
When i try and open the zip, it says it is invalid or corrupt?
Old Nov 19, 2004, 05:10 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spec C
When i try and open the zip, it says it is invalid or corrupt?
I just downloaded the file and installed it with no problems. Try downloading it again.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 05:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by VTECH8TR
I just downloaded the file and installed it with no problems. Try downloading it again.
Weird.. Tried it 3 times and it gave me that message, but just tried now and it worked
Old Nov 19, 2004, 05:46 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Spec C
Weird.. Tried it 3 times and it gave me that message, but just tried now and it worked
That's nothing New with Microsoft . Bugs Hmmmm.
Old Nov 19, 2004, 06:44 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by BigBoogieman
Yeah I figured it wouldn't be the most straightforward thing..

Anyway, this is what I did on my program..

IF the background color was 50% less than the value of the foreground color, it would be darker, as the contrast between the two was less than 50% I would jump to making it lighter than the cell color essentially inverting the two so there's enough contrast.. For the cell showing its been modified, I'd use the grid outline (grid select) color and use a different color for the borders of the modified cells (if your grid control can do it.. Otherwise I used the "Note tag" feature on the MS grid control that would show a small red "triangle or dog-ear" in the upper left corner of the cell..

OF course, my program was a security audit proggie, but it made alot of use of grid controls...

I haven't even had the time to install and test UCC3, forgive me, I absolutely love this program and literally build all of my base maps on it..

The big issue I always had (which will likely be removed now that the V1.7 firmware is released) was being able to upload and download maps from it..

You should add a simple "Dashboard" (like my UtecDASH) when capturing live data just so someone can quickly glance over at the screen, the logger is great but I can't easily spot data when I'm doing road tuning.. I still use my Digital dash for that since its just basically a one-button data logger which made road tuning REALLY easy..
Old Nov 19, 2004, 12:35 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Just wondered what happened to this. I love this SW. I do all the logging with this.
Any chance it can display/calculate the power/TQ values like that commercial data log lab ?
Old Nov 22, 2004, 10:03 AM
Evolved Member

I downloaded this and went out to collect some numbers and did I ever.. against a cobra mustang haha let just say he was mad.. I thanked him for giving me some numbers though
Old Nov 23, 2004, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EvoVIIIFL
I downloaded this and went out to collect some numbers and did I ever.. against a cobra mustang haha let just say he was mad.. I thanked him for giving me some numbers though
HAHAHA Sweet
Old Nov 29, 2004, 06:53 AM

Does this work with the WRX or STi UTEC?
Old Nov 29, 2004, 04:33 PM
EvoM Guru

Hey.. Does the upload/download map function work right for you guys with the 1.7 firmware? I know when I was beta testing 1.5 I couldn't update my maps through the software.. I guess I'll try it tomorrow..
Old Nov 29, 2004, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Yep, UCC is all I use for up/downloads on 1.4 and 1.7. I can wash and wax the whole car in the time HT takes to upload it...that's why it's so clean all the time I really don't know why TXS doesn't have a GUI (and log charting app) of their own for it, but thank you bigboogieman!!

Quick Reply: *** UTEC Control Center release 3 available ***