Notices
Lancer Troubleshooting Get help with any troubleshooting problems you may have.

2008 Lancer "pulls to the left" Issue Petition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2007, 06:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2008 Lancer "pulls to the left" Issue Petition

Whats up everyone,
As you may have seen some of my post, I have had a issue with the vehicle pulling left and it seems alot of us have. I have went to corporate with this. The service department tells me that there is a known issue that they do not have a fix for after the third time in the shop and there is a field engineer looking into the issue on another one like mine with the same issue. I called corporate, they send a rep down, he drives it, nothing wrong with it. So basically the car had a issue last time it was in, he comes down, its fine......so it fixed itself, lmao.
Anyways, I dont need personal names at this point, I just want to get down mainly the pulling left issue's out there.

So.....how many of you have had this issue, did you report it and if so, what has been your outcome so far? I want both good and bad cases. The more results I get, the better, so please speak up. I'm doing this to bring to corporate and to also bring to my local news team that helps with fighting issues like this. Like I said, I dont need your personal info, just trying to get some numbers and what the results were. And for everyone that doesnt have he problem, I'm glad you dont and feel great about your car. I realize not everyone has the problem, but alot of us do. Thanks for everyone's time.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

mine is pulling to the left too, it started once i put the rrm grips on and put stock tires and sensors on new wheels. i took to dealership for allignment, they said the rear passesnger allignment was off 9mm and they fixed that. but they said its not causing pull the allignment is fine its the tires and tell me to rotate them. they printed me a diagram of my cars suspension from the machine they use and it said it was within specs. i got tires rotated and it still pulls left. im going to rotate tires a different way in a month to see it it helps if not its going back to dealership.

off topic : getting woodgrain interior installed this weekend its finally done. ill post pics soon.

Last edited by dsrttigr; Sep 6, 2007 at 07:10 AM.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 08:09 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Roctght
Anyways, I dont need personal names at this point, I just want to get down mainly the pulling left issue's out there.
Mine pulls. Haven't notified anyone.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Mine only pulls sometimes...which is really weird. I noticed it a lot when I first got the car, but lately, it hasn't been too big of an issue. I can let go of the steering wheel down a straight road and be fine, mostly, with the regular drifts.

But no, I haven't told the dealership about it.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 09:18 AM

mine also pulls to the left. i took it to the dealership and left it there for about 6 hours and they didnt even look at the car. when i got there they came up with the lame excusse that it was just the tire pressure. they filled up my tires, but it still pulls to the left.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:26 AM

Mine used to pull a lot and even shaked a little @ 60mph or faster... took it to the dealer; they re-balanced all the wheels now it doesnt shake but pulls just a bit to the left.. havent' taken it to the dealer yet.. next oil change will rotate the tires..
Old Sep 6, 2007, 10:41 AM

My GTS kind of has that issue, but I gear it towards the rise in the roads and the way the are built. In the city it pulls to the left on some roads but is pretty good on the main roads. All the HWY trips I've done, I've never noticed it pull, unless the road seems to have a little bump in the middle from excessive traffic wearing it down. Pay attention to the roads you drive on. Some are worn and have lips in them which force the vehicle into the ruts. This may not be the issue with you, but from my experience, it's been the quality of the road I'm driving on.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:15 PM

These are all good responses, so keep them coming. Trust me, I have done everything on my end, went down different roads, had the tires rotated, had several alignments done, you name it........but its a known issue that I think Mits is trying to ignore. So don't think its just the road your on, because a car that is aligned correctly and has a good suspension shouldn't pull left or right for that matter. It should ride straight or maybe drift off one side after a long period of time, it shouldn't do it instantly. But keep them coming everyone and if you haven't reported it, get it in there, it is a known issue with Mitsubushi.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 01:22 PM
Evolving Member

Mine pulls a little to the left, but no shaking. Higher speeds, of course, I find myself fighting with the wheel more and more to keep it center.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 04:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Roctght
These are all good responses, so keep them coming. Trust me, I have done everything on my end, went down different roads, had the tires rotated, had several alignments done, you name it........but its a known issue that I think Mits is trying to ignore. So don't think its just the road your on, because a car that is aligned correctly and has a good suspension shouldn't pull left or right for that matter. It should ride straight or maybe drift off one side after a long period of time, it shouldn't do it instantly. But keep them coming everyone and if you haven't reported it, get it in there, it is a known issue with Mitsubushi.
yea mine pulls instantly, i have to always apply pressure to hold strait it gets annoying after a while.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 05:15 PM

Mine Pulls to the slightly to the left after 5 seconds when driving in a flat straight road.

I actually had the front wheels swapped at discount tire, which helped a bit, but it didn't solve the problem.
Old Sep 6, 2007, 05:23 PM
Evolving Member

mine pulled left with 5 miles and still does 9000+ later....dealer didnt really seem to think much of it when i told them
Old Sep 7, 2007, 08:18 AM

I really appreciate the response so far everyone. This is going to be very helpful and I will post my results from this to help everyone else with this problem. So keep them coming. Thanks
Old Sep 7, 2007, 09:30 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
about the pulling to the left thing, I would notify your insurance company first, let them know. that you sent it to the dealer they say nothings wrong with it. then
What you guys should do, is go to another Car manufacturers dealer, level with that you have an alignment issue, and that you want them to diagnose it and put it in writing. Not to fix it , but just diagnose. Some dealers will diagnose for free, but charge to fix. Again work it out in advance cause you already know the outcome.

Then send the results to your insurance company and then on to Mitsu Dealer, if nothing gets done, send it to head office. Head office should give the dealer some heat after that.

Its a suggestion but for me and others I have recommended it to it seems to work

good luck
Old Sep 7, 2007, 10:28 AM

The problem is, I've done all of that you mentioned. Went to the dealer, then I went to my insurance, then went to Mits corporate. Trust me, I wouldn't be doing this if they resolved it, but they didn't. So thats why we are doing it. So please, just give if you have the issue, if you had it looked at, and what was the end result, good or bad. Thanks

Quick Reply: 2008 Lancer "pulls to the left" Issue Petition