Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

1:35's at Willow Springs today

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2004, 08:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
1:35's at Willow Springs today

was out at Big track Willow today with the Vipers....i ran a 1:35.42 and Eric ran a 1:34.94 on street tires today...not to bad for a pretty much stock EVO....the car really started to push.....need sway bar
Old Jan 24, 2004, 12:54 AM
Evolving Member

Good times, Wayne!

What was the alignment setting you end up using for today? What are you looking to change it to? I needa get my car aligned for the first time before heading down to Laguna and Thill next month.

Thanks,

Derek
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:25 AM

Wayne -

Did Erik align it yet? That's smokin' for a relatively stock car...especially for the price.

BP
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:43 AM
Evolving Member

nope

Eric didn't do anything......i put a HKS intake, downpiple and cat back i bought at Super AutoBac....it was factory settings on the alignment and OEM tires....it was pushing bad there after about 5 runs......Eric had me put more air in the rear tires and that helped.......Oh and i took the antenna off ...that may have made us quicker
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:47 AM

I still can't get over how much the EVO offers. It's probably a :33 car with an alignment for Willow. I keep thinking of selling the M3 for one.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:50 AM
In Timeout

Wait until you spend 3k and get 350whp not 220~ like stock it will kill most anything out there. I wish I was on the West coast sometimes but I live 20miles from Road Atlanta and that's good enough Also do cams and cam gears becase stock the car kinda dies after 5k, with cams and cam gears it puts the peak power upto about 6600 RPM and holds it. Also the car will turn a 12 flat in the 1/4 with 350whp.

Last edited by Ryanmcd3; Jan 24, 2004 at 10:54 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:52 AM
In Timeout

Also Wayne, let me know what you are going to do with the bars, I was talking to Moton because they are right by me and may have them setup this car. Can you think of a better way to go?
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:59 AM
Evolving Member

haven't done research yet

well i haven't even done any research yet on sway bars or even rear strut bars....i need to keep it affordable. ...i already trashed my front tires yesterday and i bought that intake and exhaust for $1k and not to mention i paid $30K cash last week for this car... ..really like to stay with what ever Eric approves of...because he's my man and he's one block from my house and a good friend
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:01 AM
In Timeout

Re: haven't done research yet

The stock intake is better man, that one pulls in hot air and messes with the MAF and can lose power. It's been proven on the dyno. Next I would do a computer, cam gears set to -5 -5 then do cams and you should be set. Also the stock tires are good but they are ware out quick. What were the vipers turning on that track? Also did you have stock pads? Add the air guides as well

Originally posted by racerferrari
well i haven't even done any research yet on sway bars or even rear strut bars....i need to keep it affordable. ...i already trashed my front tires yesterday and i bought that intake and exhaust for $1k and not to mention i paid $30K cash last week for his car... ..really like to stay with what ever Eric approves of...because he's my man and he's one block from my house and a good friend
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:09 AM
In Timeout

Re: haven't done research yet

Also sell that damn Ferrari man, they are just a money pit.

well i haven't even done any research yet on sway bars or even rear strut bars....i need to keep it affordable. ...i already trashed my front tires yesterday and i bought that intake and exhaust for $1k and not to mention i paid $30K cash last week for this car... ..really like to stay with what ever Eric approves of...because he's my man and he's one block from my house and a good friend
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:13 AM
Evolving Member

well i had the car dyno'd at XS engineering in Huntington Beach on Thursday morn....it did 262whp ...they had 4 EVO's they were modifying over there....they say that most of the EVOs they dyno do about 225whp....so i figured it was pretty good...it was a 4 wheel dyno....RMR refered me to them....i'm not sure which part of the intake and exhaust made the power increase and i know all dyno's are different...they use a Dynamic Test Systmes dyno....anyways.....i was using stock pads....geez...everyone keeps asking me what i changed on the car....i put a HKS intake, downpipe and cat back....the OEM cat is still on there...thats all i did....i only got the car a week ago.....oh and the Vipers...i dunno what they were running....i'm sure if the low 20's....didn't hangout with them...it was our EVO and NSX...which runs 1:25's

Last edited by racerferrari; Jan 24, 2004 at 11:17 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:22 AM
In Timeout

To get the 350whp I did the Vishnu stage 1+. We have about 15-20 evo's here in Atlanta and I like my stuff the best so far. Oh and that 350 WHP is on pump gas with a cat, pull the cat and run race gas and change the map = about 380-390 whp.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:24 AM
In Timeout

Nice power, I think the turbo back gave you that power, they are good for about 30-40whp. cams = 30hp computer =40-50hp cam gears = about 10-20 whp up top.

well i had the car dyno'd at XS engineering in Huntington Beach on Thursday morn....it did 262whp ...they had 4 EVO's they were modifying over there....they say that most of the EVOs they dyno do about 225whp....so i figured it was pretty good...it was a 4 wheel dyno....RMR refered me to them....i'm not sure which part of the intake and exhaust made the power increase and i know all dyno's are different...they use a Dynamic Test Systmes dyno....anyways.....i was using stock pads....geez...everyone keeps asking me what i changed on the car....i put a HKS intake, downpipe and cat back....the OEM cat is still on there...thats all i did....i only got the car a week ago.....oh and the Vipers...i dunno what they were running....i'm sure if the low 20's....didn't hangout with them...it was our EVO and NSX...which runs 1:25's
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:32 AM
Evolving Member

Wayne: Besides the bar, you planning on anything else for the suspension before OTC? Reason I ask is I would like to get something before April as well. If you and Erik have some plans that don't fall into the DCB category (meaning not top secret stuff that I can't buy ), I'd like to consider a similar setup. No point trying to fight a setup on my own if you guys are already working on something ya know..

Ryanmcd3: Whats your timeframe on the Motons? Think you can talk them into doing Club Sports for the car?

I'm still amazed at those times. I actually read a while back from a driver that took his EVO with some basic power mods to big Willow. It was his first time at the track and he ended up with a 1:36.... he discounted it saying that it must have been all of his video game training that he had before he went out to the track! I really needa start playing more video games or something
Old Jan 24, 2004, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

could have done better

i'd have to say that we were going 8/10's.....i'd have to say high 33's are possible the way the car is.....i stayed at 90mph around turn 2....120mph around 8....and i'm too scared to look at the speedometer around 9....the big problem was i could only hit around 120 or so down the straight....that sucks...i was afraid to push it too much because i've only had the car a week....and i haven't been racing much in the past year because doug had a baby and i bought a motorcyle...so i'm a little rusty....as far as suspension...i dunno yet...its a big ticket item...i asked Eric about the Teins and some of the other common set ups...he said keep away from them....but of course he thinks we have money to burn and he wants some of it

Quick Reply: 1:35's at Willow Springs today