Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

24 EVO's at Thunderhill Feb 7th and 8th

Search this Thread

Old Jan 22, 2004, 06:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
24 EVO's at Thunderhill Feb 7th and 8th

hey guys i heard that there's gonna be 24 EVO's up at Thunderhill on Feb 7th and 8th....does anyone wanna go up ...i think i might head up there.....check out www.speedventures.net...this is a good crew..these guys put on a good and safe events....a lot of the S2000 guys run with them...at this point 24 EVO's are signed up and i'll make 25...let me know and we can caravan...thanks..wayne
Old Jan 22, 2004, 07:09 PM
Former Sponsor

socalevo.net got a caravan going up Saturday
Old Jan 24, 2004, 12:58 AM
Evolving Member

Is there a thread somewhere about the EVOs going to Thill? I'm signed up and will be heading down from Seattle, but would like to get on your guy's discussion about the event if there is one.

Derek
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:32 AM
Evolving Member

check this thread

norcalevo track day
Old Jan 24, 2004, 09:29 PM

I hope the EVO guys rent the AMB transponders from the Speedventures guys. Everyone is curious how fast the EVO is compared to the S2000. Drivers always talk smack about how fast they are, and what a good driver they are, but most people will not strap on an AMB timer to prove it to the computer that they are fast. Don't be a wuss, rent a transponder, and duke it out with your fellow Evo drivers for friendly smacktalking honors!

S2000 laptimes for Thunderhill are at:
http://www.nsxfiles.com/fame_thunderhill.htm
Those are laptimes for NA and Supercharged S2000's, along with the type of tire used to achieve those laptimes.

I also wonder if any of the Evo drivers going up to T-Hill can beat Wayne, or beat any of the S2000 laptimes. In fact, if someone can beat the Wayne on similar tires, or beat the S2000s on the Honda Hall of Fame, I'll post their picture on nsxfiles.com and make them famous, along with links to their aftermarket go-fast parts that they have on their car. (which might help get ya some freebies)

The question of whether the EVO VIII will ever make its mark on the race track — or hang onto the chance to do so — could depend upon the Thunderhill event. Very soon, the EVO drivers will have to come across, put up or shut up. It is the track driver's great shoot-out with himself: The Kid with promise hits the dirt, twitching in the dust while the onlookers turn their heads and talk safely of what might have been. The end. Fade-out, as the hero turns slowly, blows the smoke from his pistol, and goes on his way. Or the Kid comes in, and takes down every 2.0 liter laptime in site.

It will be interesting to see what happens at Thunderhill. I might have to make the trip up there to document this.

Wayne and I will be your guide, as you move up the Pyramid of Speed located at:
http://nsxfiles.s2ki.com/Pyramid_of_speed.htm

The Best Website in the World for Real Life Racing Stories:
www.nsxfiles.com/stories.htm,
Doug

Yeah, I ripped off some material from Greil Marcus

Last edited by Pulp Author; Jan 24, 2004 at 09:35 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 09:50 PM
Former Sponsor

I'm good to go both Sat and Sun, live in High desert so we could meet up at the in&out in cuallinga(sp?) on the 5 ...share Hotel...( I used to make money racing Bicycles so my needs are few and wants nonexistant... + love to have some instruction on my driving style Master ;-). My EVO is pretty tracked out too... (buschur stage 4/w Bflash JIC's struts and sways (and more I can't talk about here :-0)
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

haha, S2k guys are taking over the world, always got to be challenging each other and other owner clubs.

Doug - I don't see a stock S2k with stock tire time on the Hall of Fame. Besides jzr's which is still on R compounds, those times are either with some serious tires and or serious go fast track mods (EMI Penske and or Active Aero).

Not that my car is stock nor am I fast enough at TH to hope to be on your site... What's considered a best time for a fully stock S2k? 2:12-2:14s? I searched the SV event results db and saw that 2:14 is the best I can find on street tires and 240hp. So how about you give us a number to beat and the 25 guys out there on Sunday can try to beat that? Although I think Sunday is w/o Cylone, which screws up the comparison anyway... Maybe we can get SV to change the config around if enough EVO owners are interested in answering the challenge?

Wayne has proved that a near stock EVO can be just as fast if not faster than S2ks at Willow Springs. Come on EVO owners! I think Doug has presented a challenge that we have a good chance of beating!
Old Jan 24, 2004, 10:59 PM

Derek,

Awe damn, I didn't realize they were bypassing the Cyclone.

I guess you are right that there are no totally stock S2000 laptimes to compare against. (you didn't think I would fight fair, did ya?). Most of the fast S2000 guys have made changes to tires/aero/shocks. I guess there is no valid comparison.....so I guess everyone with an EVO will have to compare their laptimes to Wayne's. (he cracks under pressure. )

How about I'll post pictures of the five fastest EVOs, and any sponsor related information that they want, since we probably will not have a real good stock vs. stock comparison.

One of you guys better beat Wayne, or we will never hear the end of it. Don't make me go out and buy and EVO to shut him up.

Disclaimer: Tracking your car is dangerous. One car per weekend will probably crash. Please don't drive over your abilities, as the faster you go, the harder you push it, the closer you will come to injuring yourself or your car. Sorry if I got carried away talking about the laptimes, especially to those of you with little or no experience on the track. Be safe, make sure your car gets home in the same condition as when you left for the track.

-Doug

I ruined Wayne's life with the Go-Fast crack pipe, now the two of us will ruin yours!

Last edited by Pulp Author; Jan 24, 2004 at 11:05 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:11 PM
In Timeout

I wish I was out there so I could crush some s2k's and red NSX's with flames on the side of them in my 4 door mitsu
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:14 PM
Former Sponsor

do I smell a road trip??? Commitment man.;-)
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:18 PM

Okay, I got the wife to sign up. Wayne and I will be there for fun and games on Saturday and Sunday. We can't caravan up, we will be bringing the big trailer, so the S2000 guys and EVO guys can borrow tools/compressor/jacks, etc, if needed.

Looks like T-hill will be Chapter 104 of The NSX-Files ,
-Doug

EVOlution of Speedventures? Or DE-EVOlution?

Last edited by Pulp Author; Jan 24, 2004 at 11:20 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2004, 11:19 PM
In Timeout

Let me do the stage 2 turbo from Vishnu, get Moton here to set up the car then ship it. CRUSH every s2k at the track and ship it back? lol j/k
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

I know you're just messing around, but 1:58 or faster (I think Rylan has been making more mods to his S2k) may take more than a turbo upgrade and Motons. It would likely take mods to your car that you're not willing to do.. ie. mods that don't cost any money upfront except for chain saw fuel!
Old Jan 25, 2004, 12:14 PM
In Timeout

lol, yep all it takes is money, I know a person here in Atlanta who put about 200k in his NSX and I am sure he can kill me on the track. I think we should do stock vs stock.
Old Jan 25, 2004, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Ryanmcd3
lol, yep all it takes is money,
I gotta disagree with that one...

Ive spanked many Porsches and Ferraris in a lowly VW Corrado - and Ive also had cars/drivers show me their taillights in lesser machinery. Its all about the driver.

BTW Ive been to an event at Sears Point where I was riding shotgun in a well driven, well prepared 3rd Gen RX7 and we were getting schooled by a less powerful - very well driven S2K (white with bronze wheels). Very cool following him into turn 1-2 !

Just remember, getting the right car is easy... learning to drive well is very tough and takes lots of practice.

Quick Reply: 24 EVO's at Thunderhill Feb 7th and 8th