Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Mits is WATCHING US at the track!

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mits is WATCHING US at the track!

This is kind of an update/warning on my current situation. My 5th gear syncro went out on my car and the dealer is giving me crap cause they say I raced the car (even though I dont even use 5th gear at the track).

Well check this out...I get a call from the service manager yesterday and it turns out that the District Rep has photographs along with dates and times of me racing my car at the track! They knew down to the very date, minute, and location that I ran my car down the strip. I have not personally seen the photographs YET, but they hit the nail right on the head with the date and time so I highly doubt they are bluffing--otherwise, it would be one hell of a good guess!

Just a warning to you guys out there. I had heard it before--the rumors about being watched at the track and to be honest, I thought it was bull crap. BUT IT ISN'T! Do as you wish--I personally am going to continue to race my car, but just know that there is a good chacne they are watching. If you are going to go racing, remove your tags when doing so so they can't bring it back on you. I ordered new tags personally so they wont have that set on file.

Oh and they read this board too! That is kind of assumed though. But they see each and every person who posts on here about their times and racing and such...

Last edited by StriktlyBidness; Sep 5, 2003 at 08:34 AM.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:37 AM
Evolved Member

Mitsu is a bunch as F#@@in *******S. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BY A MITSU............EVER
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

This is really pathetic on Mitsubishi's part if it is infact true. If you said dealerships were the ones watching then I'd be much quicker to believe this but for Mitsubishi corporate to waste time and rescources watching you at the drag track.... It's a little far fetched but If true I think I might think again about buying another Mitsu.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:39 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by SuperchargedGTZ
Mitsu is a bunch as F#@@in *******S. I WILL NEVER AGAIN BY A MITSU............EVER

yea dude...no joke...

They were like, "Your car has been raced."

And of course I was like, "Bull ****!"

And then he says, "Fayetteville Motor Park, August 2nd, 12:56AM...wanna see the pictures?"
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:39 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
dude they are f in u hard ! where were racing you at? i also live close to Raleigh and i might have been to the same track as you soo i wonder if they got pic of my **** to???????
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by matt55
dude they are f in u hard ! where were racing you at? i also live close to Raleigh and i might have been to the same track as you soo i wonder if they got pic of my **** to???????

Fayetteville Motor Park...and he did tell me that my car was not the only one they had busted.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

DAMN I was at fay a week befor that, with a silver evo
Evolving Member

Originally posted by fury656
This is really pathetic on Mitsubishi's part if it is infact true. If you said dealerships were the ones watching then I'd be much quicker to believe this but for Mitsubishi corporate to waste time and rescources watching you at the drag track.... It's a little far fetched but If true I think I might think again about buying another Mitsu.
Dude why would I make this up? In fact...call 919-872-1011 and ask to speak with the service manager (Todd). When you get him on the line, tell him that Kevin Laymon told you to call and that you wanted to verify that the district rep had "incriminating" evidence of me racing my car outside of ANY dealership involvement.
Evolved Member

Does everyone remember when they reeled us in they gave us the HUGE paper book about the EVO. WELL right in the middle they had a bunch of pictures with MODIFIED EVOs

WHAT THE HELL DO THEY EXPECT?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by matt55
DAMN I was at fay a week befor that, with a silver evo
That is the first and only time I have had my car there. I would serioulsy consider ordering new tags and then not displaying them at the track anymore.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:44 AM
Evolved Member

No offense, I'm not saying I don't believe you I just thought that Mitsu corporate would have more pressing matters then watching EVOs run up and down a drag track. Very pathetic and disappointing and I hope Mitsu is reading this. They should spend more time on product development then spying on <5,000 cars...
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by fury656
No offense, I'm not saying I don't believe you I just thought that Mitsu corporate would have more pressing matters then watching EVOs run up and down a drag track. Very pathetic and disappointing and I hope Mitsu is reading this. They should spend more time on product development then spying on <5,000 cars...
I hear ya man. I didn't mean to come across like a *****. I have always been big on documenting what I say though because I realize it is easy for someone to come on a message board and say anything. So for the doubters (and rightfully so), I wanted to give you a chance to verify my claim.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:47 AM
Evolved Member

well hell guess i need to start doin that( takin off my tag), what did u run at Fav that one day?
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:48 AM
Evolving Member

13.7 @ 99mph

It was really hot and humid and I didnt push the car off the line like some guys do. I have a twin plate clutch going in this week and now it is going to be another story.
Old Sep 5, 2003, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Some friends of mine had the same thing happen with volkswagen. They their car at the track, all for the 15s of shift shifty and then on Monday when they went to the dealer for repairs, they were like sure bring it in and bring cash, your warranty doesn't cover racing and they had pics as well.

Quick Reply: Mits is WATCHING US at the track!