Notices
Mid-Atlantic Region Includes DC, DE, MD, VA, WV.

Altered Atmosphere Dyno Day Pics!

Search this Thread

Old May 25, 2003, 12:09 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Altered Atmosphere Dyno Day Pics!

Group Shots

Vishnu Cat-Back and Buschur Exhaust
Click for a larger pic...

Dyno Runs
Click on dyno graphs for a larger pic...

Buschur DP, Test Pipe, Cat-Back, SAFC, EBC

Stock

Stock - 94 octane + 100 octane

Pruven Muffler, Test Pipe, SAFC

Need graph and mod list

Vishnu DP, Hi-Flow Cat, Cat-Back, XEDE

Stock vs XEDE
Note: The red line is actually a stock run, not an XEDE run as written on the graph.

Stock - Need dyno graph

Vishnu DP, Hi-Flow Cat, Cat-Back vs Vishnu DP, Hi-Flow Cat, Cat-Back, XEDE
Note: The red line is actually a run prior to the XEDE, not an XEDE run as written on the graph.

Stock - Need dyno graph

I think that's everyone. If I don't have your dyno graph, feel free to email it to me and I'll post it up on here. I had a great time meeting everyone and seeing so many Evos on the dyno. After the XEDE tuning my Evo finally has a killer top end like it should have from the factory.

Last edited by KK; May 25, 2003 at 04:02 PM.
Old May 25, 2003, 12:15 PM
Evolved Member

very cool ! good looking results mark !
Old May 25, 2003, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

if i am not mistaken these are awd numbers correct?

if so, then on the results!! very nice!
Old May 25, 2003, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

is altered atmosphere, the 3000gt/stealth/dsm place moving to the evo now? or were you all just using their dyno?
Old May 25, 2003, 02:36 PM
In Timeout

im pretty sure #10 was mine... ill try to have my graph scanned and emailed to you....damn looking at all their graphs mine seems to be a lot more choppy =(.. but my stock #'z are higher than most other =) o well im gettin me profeceo1 and emanage and am going to have it retuned anyways i hope my choppyness gets fixed i need a smoother curve
Old May 25, 2003, 03:49 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

This was on an AWD DynoJet. I think Altered are going to be doing some things for the Evo in a little bit, but I'm not 100% sure.

Mark
Old May 25, 2003, 03:56 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Also, forgot to thank Shiv for taking the time to come out and tune the XEDEs for those of us who purchased them. It was definitely worth every penny!

My car is completely transformed... a night and day difference. The best part is that the stock ECU functionality is still there and the car drives just like stock, only better. This is honestly how the car should have arrived from the factory. I also love that there's going to be even more features and functionality for the XEDE in the future... this was only just the beginning

Mark
Old May 25, 2003, 04:20 PM
Evolved Member

i wonder what the 15awhp difference between #6 and your car (i'm assuming that blue evo, #9, is yours KK) is!

seems u have the exact same mods...

Old May 25, 2003, 06:26 PM
KK
EvoM Administrator

Every engine is a little different. Something must be a little different in his car vs my car. Could be tolerances, etc.

Mark
Old May 25, 2003, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

i just think that's quite a big difference for having the exact same mods..

but i suppose it's possible...
Old May 25, 2003, 07:28 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Pruven Muffler, Test Pipe, SAFC makes 270whp. Wow, that's pretty good. Perhaps 300+ hp ralliart ecu is possible and Too bad most of our cars will not be dyno tested so our hp is probably lower but how much?

Damn, I didn't know shiv was offering free tunning with purchases Someone should of pm'ed me.

Last edited by gtr; May 25, 2003 at 08:52 PM.
Old May 25, 2003, 08:50 PM
Evolving Member

Hi all,

I'm Dan, owner of Mach V Motorsports. I haven't posted here before, although I've been lurking for a long time. Nice board, Mark!

I came by to watch the dyno action at Altered on Saturday. Everyone was really nice. I enjoyed the Evo enthusiasm. These people really love their cars. One guy drove his car from...Atlanta!!...to get it dyno-tuned.

I didn't run my car on Saturday because I have an appointment to be back at Altered Atmosphere this Tuesday. I'll be putting on the Buschur Racing intake and exhaust (part of which is pictured above) with before-and-after dyno runs for each part. The Super AFC, too, if I have time.

It was interesting to see different dyno numbers -- from 214 to 236, I think? -- from stock cars. I was guessing the difference is in boost control. After watching boost numbers carefully when dyno-tuning other cars, I've noticed that electronic boost controllers can sometimes "settle" at different levels, even on the same car, during different dyno runs. Obviously more or less boost can seriously change horsepower.

I had a fun time Saturday, and hope to see some of you guys again. Mark, it was a pleasure meeting you. Do come by the shop when you can!

--Dan
Mach V Motorsports
MachEVO.com
Old May 25, 2003, 10:01 PM

I must say that I was very impressed with the XEDE's and Shiv's tuning ablility! Right before Mark go his car tuned by Shiv, we did a run together. My car is the blue 2.5RS-T pictured above. I easily walked from him during 3rd and 4th gear pulls.

Then the next day things were turned around He was ahead of me by abount 1/2 car length today in those same gears. His car pulls very nice all the way to redline.

Last edited by WRC 555; May 25, 2003 at 10:04 PM.
Old May 25, 2003, 10:22 PM
Evolving Member

Can anyone confirm if the XEDE still required 2 wires to be spliced into?
Old May 25, 2003, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by sneakychaos
Can anyone confirm if the XEDE still required 2 wires to be spliced into?
I asked Shiv about that at the Dyno Day, and he confirmed that it does require some splicing, although the number of wires required didn't come up.

His most convincing argument was that the XEDE still is being developed, and more inputs may be added to the unit -- it doesn't make sense to go have an XEDE harness built up with the idea of telling people that they don't need to splice, then a month later they add a new feature to the XEDE that needs a new signal.

He also expressed the opinion that Evo owners in general might not care much whether a few wiring splices are needed. Certainly, he is selling XEDE units with the splices, so he probably has a point there as well.

Quick Reply: Altered Atmosphere Dyno Day Pics!