Notices
Evo General Discuss any generalized technical Evo related topics that may not fit into the other forums. Please do not post tech and rumor threads here.
Sponsored by: RavSpec - JDM Wheels Central

Dropped the clutch in my Evo!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2003, 02:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dropped the clutch in my Evo!!!!!

Hey everyone, I finally hit 500 miles in my evo and i was itching to dump the clutch. Here is a video of what it felt like inside the car and out. Enjoy, by the way don't tihnk u can dump this cars clutch without bog..... i let it go at 6000 and still got bog. Damn open front diff and stiff suspention.

http://www.fattonyracing.com/neoimag...o%20Launch.mpg

The end of the video contains an audio excerpt taken from this video of a civic racing a 10 second viper. It was thrown in for nothing more than laughs.

http://www.cheesefrog.com/frog/cheezevsal.mpg
Old Apr 7, 2003, 02:50 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
lol right at 500miles eh
Old Apr 7, 2003, 03:21 AM
Evolved Member

nice launch!!

BTW, was that a viper getting spanked by a civic??
Old Apr 7, 2003, 04:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by Coolguy949
BTW, was that a viper getting spanked by a civic??
Yea, its Cheezefrog's ( ). It makes about 450fwhp and pulled off a late 10 sec 1/4. It has a built B18b + boost. The Viper was capable of 9s.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 06:40 AM
Evolving Member

****ing hysterical how you stopped exactly @ 500 and scared the hell out of the passenger... nice video
Old Apr 7, 2003, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Re: Dropped the clutch in my Evo!!!!!

Originally posted by 1QWKEVO
[B]The end of the video contains an audio excerpt taken from this video of a civic racing a 10 second viper. It was thrown in for nothing more than laughs.
LoL! That chit is hilarious when the first time I saw cheese's video with the viper. Pretty cool accent from the viper guy.. "one bad muthaF*&%er!" lmao

Cool vid btw..
Old Apr 7, 2003, 07:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Very nice...you couldn't wait to 500 you just HAD to dump the clutch at 499....

Very nice video...thanks for sharing...
Old Apr 7, 2003, 07:39 AM

I don't want to be a party pooper here but you got to be careful. AWD cars are not civics! You can't keep dropping the clutch on them its a VERY bad idea. When you drop the clutch on an awd drive car you got 4 tires that are gripping the road. Something has to give and normally its your transmission. That reason right there was the #1 reason for the wrx tranny failures and not so much poor build quality like every one thinks.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Best launch I have found is a 6K fast roll out of the clutch, not just side-stepping it. You have to feather it a bit to keep RPM and boost up while accelerating. Its a bit hard on the clutch, but it works real well.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 08:12 AM
gtr
Evolved Member

Originally posted by dlowman
I don't want to be a party pooper here but you got to be careful. AWD cars are not civics! You can't keep dropping the clutch on them its a VERY bad idea. When you drop the clutch on an awd drive car you got 4 tires that are gripping the road. Something has to give and normally its your transmission. That reason right there was the #1 reason for the wrx tranny failures and not so much poor build quality like every one thinks.
ahh yeah they are! The WRX trans suck. Us evo owners can down shift to 1st/ speed shift/ powershift not grind or harshness on the tranny what so ever and yes the evo is AWD also.

With a WRX i am scared to drive it hard due to gear grinding on fast shifts and clunking every time you shift. However it's better with the group N mounts. The evo shift smooth like an automatic which i was shocked to find out on the track going 1-4 gears.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 09:42 AM
Evolved Member

"I don't want to be a party pooper here but you got to be careful. AWD cars are not civics! You can't keep dropping the clutch on them its a VERY bad idea. When you drop the clutch on an awd drive car you got 4 tires that are gripping the road. Something has to give and normally its your transmission. That reason right there was the #1 reason for the wrx tranny failures and not so much poor build quality like every one thinks. "

First off it's not a WRX.. second OH WELL if something breaks thats what a warrenty is for.
Old Apr 7, 2003, 10:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by 1QWKEVO
... second OH WELL if something breaks thats what a warrenty is for.

...hehehe...
Old Apr 7, 2003, 10:08 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah, like the dealer won't know you're out there just dropping the clutch and ripping up the tranny... You'll see just how far, or maybe not so far, your warrantee will go... It's called abuse and they don't have to honor your warrantee... Then you'll be spending money on both a new tranny and a lawyer for them to again deny your warrantee...
Old Apr 7, 2003, 10:15 AM
Evolving Member

i'm sorry...
Old Apr 7, 2003, 10:18 AM
Evolved Member

I'd like to go ahead and see mitsu void my warrenty.... who are they wo tell me that I abuse my car. Hey if my friend can get all $20,000 back plus tax for a 2000 maxima after it breaking 9 times. So can I.... Trust me Nissan is **** about warrenties (they told my cousin nothing was wrong with his SE-R and you can physically wobble his front right wheel, yet you can't wobble any other). Must have been a factory installed option.. i don't know

Quick Reply: Dropped the clutch in my Evo!!!!!