Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

CBRD secret sauce turbo upgrade!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2008, 04:21 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The s2's are great, that i have noticed. Havnt gotten on my car since the install (due to wiring issues) of them really, but my buddy said it pulled great when he drove it. I got gsc dual springs/retainers. Dynoed on CBRDs dyno at 315 with the issues and before licp,uicp were installed. Im sure with the BBK, they will be fantastic. I think s2's and the BBK are perfect for eachother it sounds...

Last edited by AKgambler47; Nov 6, 2008 at 04:24 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 06:37 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO8LTW
Can someone put up links to the BBK dynos that are out there? Maybe put them in the first post so they are easy to find going forward? Thx.
Rich,

we have two main cars.... Charlies and Calebs... calebs is pretty basic... ill see if i can overlay them and a stock turbo car on the same graph.

cb

I honestly expect most evo ix's with bolt'ons and a mild cam to be in the 365-385 range on our dyno... equal 8's slightly less...

cb
Old Nov 6, 2008, 07:21 AM
Account Disabled

ok guys, its official..

we are ready to build these for production....

available now...

here is the official pricing and delivery time:

Full BBK with new IX Turbo $1650.00 shipped in the US (first 30 days, then shipping wont be included) lead time 3 days from order date to ship.

Full BBK Lute with new IX Turbo $1250.00 plus shipping in the US. lead time 3 days from order date to ship.

USED Turbo modding goes like this... send yours in, its disassembled, appropriate parts are examined and replaced... then machining takes place... you will get YOUR turbo back, not someone elses.

CORE Upgrade Full Version is 1250.00 plus shipping. 5-7 days to ship from when received.

CORE Upgrade BBK Lite is 695.00 plus shipping. 5-7 days to ship from when received.

WARRANTY info: 6 month warranty on manufacturing defects from date of shipment on new units. 3 month warranty of manufacturing defects from date of shipment. Coverage will not include foreign particle damage in the oil etc.

we have 100 turbines available at present, 60 compressors, and 50 stock evo IX turbos.... so there will not be supply issues.

Cheers!!

CB

Last edited by CBRD; Nov 6, 2008 at 08:59 AM.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 08:41 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Awesome chad. Let's talk warranty. Is there one?

If you guys can stick with these promised turnaround times it will earn you a LOT of biz. Any plans for a BPK? (billet purple kompressor...aka fp red killer?)
Old Nov 6, 2008, 08:58 AM
Account Disabled

sorry,

ill edit that for warranty info.

cb
Old Nov 6, 2008, 09:00 AM
Evolved Member

hey chad i know your going to post the overlay dyno graphs but i wanted to know if you think i will see a considerable gain with the full bbk over a ix turbo running both at the same psi. As in i run say 23 pounds now, then bolt on the bbk and still run 23 pounds. Will my gains be worth it, or will i only see big gains by upping the boost?
Old Nov 6, 2008, 09:22 AM
Account Disabled

the turbo does see good gains at the same boost.... as for the higher boost, the efficiency of the comp seems to allow more aggressive tuning than a standard ix turbo....

the main thing is the spool is ridiculous.

cb
Old Nov 6, 2008, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

ok thats what i figured, appreciate it chad. Hopefully santa drops off 1700 bucks to me
Old Nov 6, 2008, 10:11 AM
Account Disabled

awesome,

im doing 3 cars next week with them, one car is dropping from a custom CBRD turbo on buschur manifold down to the BBK..

others are both IX's with bolt ons going to full upgrades...

ill post more results...

cb
Old Nov 6, 2008, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This is awesome. Looking forward to seeing more results.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:16 PM
Evolved Member

Do you mind doing a quick recap of the differences between the Full and Lite versions and what kind of driver each is geared towards...thanks!
Old Nov 6, 2008, 12:18 PM
Account Disabled

the lite i would say is the ULTIMATE autoX and traffic type turbo, punchy.... instantaneous boost response.... quicker than stock..

point and squirt type turbo...

the full is more so for open road, roadrace, etc... its still almost IDENTICAL to the spool of the stock IX turbo but quicker between gears....

I love them both, the lite is just CRAZY on spool up.... its almost bothersome hee he

cb
Old Nov 6, 2008, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by CBRD
the lite i would say is the ULTIMATE autoX and traffic type turbo, punchy.... instantaneous boost response.... quicker than stock..

the full is more so for open road, roadrace, etc... its still almost IDENTICAL to the spool of the stock IX turbo but quicker between gears....

I love them both, the lite is just CRAZY on spool up.... its almost bothersome hee he

cb
This guy's attention to detail and pursuit of perfection is to be admired. Chad, congrats on the release of this much anticipated product.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

cb
This sounds like the perfect solution for my goals! I'm super pumped to discuss the options when I'm there later this month.

nice work, already beyond impressed.
Old Nov 6, 2008, 01:35 PM
Evolved Member

cb
Thanks so the advantage of the Full is it has a bit more top end with almost equal spool charateristics and the advantage of the lite is it has better low and mid range but with even quicker spool?

Quick Reply: CBRD secret sauce turbo upgrade!