Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Mugen Civic SI - $48000!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2007, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i've seen that car personally i have three friends that work there at the dealership your not just buying a car your buying an icon just like the ams track car thats like 2 billion dollars or buying a car from tein, turbonetics, titan motorsports.... get my drift?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 06:45 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by red evo8
i've seen that car personally i have three friends that work there at the dealership your not just buying a car your buying an icon just like the ams track car thats like 2 billion dollars or buying a car from tein, turbonetics, titan motorsports.... get my drift?
Keep telling yourself that buddy. All the other cars you mentioned are one of a kind built for a purpose. Honda/Mugen decided throw on some parts/badges/aero kits and then produce a limited number in hopes of duping idiots into buying an overpriced civic with very little performance gains. With the price of what the mugen si cost, you can buy a civic si and dump the rest into performance; you can have a one of a kind car that would run circles around the mugen si.
Old Dec 11, 2007, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
There's always going to be some insane markup on low volume cars. Case in point - the new charger and the recently released GT500. Both cars are commanding 20-30k markups. Are they worth it? Nope, but if the market will bear it, then why not?
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:36 PM

brand new Mugen Civic SI in Minnesota for 30k.
why anyone want to spend 30k on civic ???
you can buy an brand new EVO for that !!
Old Dec 11, 2007, 11:50 PM

I could not justify spending that much on a honda. I would agree. If i had that much money I would get zo6
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
Keep telling yourself that buddy. All the other cars you mentioned are one of a kind built for a purpose. Honda/Mugen decided throw on some parts/badges/aero kits and then produce a limited number in hopes of duping idiots into buying an overpriced civic with very little performance gains. With the price of what the mugen si cost, you can buy a civic si and dump the rest into performance; you can have a one of a kind car that would run circles around the mugen si.
True that,
Now if that sucker had a factory turbo kit on it, maybe it would be worth the msrp of 3X,XXX.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:25 AM
Evolving Member

$48k....
even $30k is not worth it... at least honda should do some power mod to make it more competitive and convincing...
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mrMTB
I'll get the digital camera from my wife and take pics today. At that price, they out to throw in a second civic in the deal.
If you could post a pic of the window sticker that would be great...it will spread through the internet like wild fire.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 06:54 AM
Evolving Member

derangedazn well said.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ducker
True that,
Now if that sucker had a factory turbo kit on it, maybe it would be worth the msrp of 3X,XXX.
I agree. If it was FI, I can see somewhat of a justification of a $30k price tag. But for $48k you buying a someone reliable car that will guarantee it will get stolen or broken into. Shoot a dealership got jacked the day it arrived.

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/garag...tolen-pix.html
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:16 AM
Evolving Member

Its funny, back in the early 90s Honda tried to bring Mugen parts over with new car purchases as options in America. No one bought into, probably because no one new "mugen". They couldn't even give them away and basically dumped the parts. Those parts would probably run some good dollars right now...check ebay for a set of EF mugen rims...at least a grand for a set.
Old Dec 12, 2007, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

shish, a Mugen B-series valve cover is like $800....FOR A VALVE COVER!!!!! 0, yes ZERO performance aspect
Old Dec 12, 2007, 01:09 PM

I thought the Mugen si was going to have like 290 h.p.
Old Dec 14, 2007, 05:54 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tommyevo
I thought the Mugen si was going to have like 290 h.p.
If I remember correctly, the original idea for the new Mugne Si was started when thay built their own version. The Si they built (had some weird name, Id have to find the magazine in my stash that had it in it) had around 290bhp, but it was supercharged. BUT in TYPICAL honda fashion (and all the other companies across the pond) the US gets a watered down version. I dont know if there is a Supercharged version in Japan or elsewhere, hell, Im actually gonna assume they dont make a Mugen Si in Japan
Old Dec 14, 2007, 07:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by derangedazn
But when the new ZR-1 comes out, it will be a whole different story.

GM won't make a ZR-2, because the first version flopped. "A total of 6,939 ZR-1s were manufactured over the six year period." - from Wiki.

They are just happy to produce the Z06 at 60-something grand.

Quick Reply: Mugen Civic SI - $48000!