Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

GT Live VIR 06

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:11 PM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
http://www.dentsport.com/gallery/v/dsg/events/GTLIVE/

Link to pics all taken by super photographer Quy (tdo5hr)

Last edited by Bimmubishi; Oct 9, 2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:23 PM
Evolved Member

awesome pics Al. Congrats to Bill, looked like a hell of a time.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
The whole thing sounds like too much fun. I'm sure it would have been fun to just spectate. Congrats to Jon, Mark and the AMS team. Now quit making excuses and go beat that Cyber EVO (joke)
Old Oct 9, 2006, 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We are working on it.

Now on to pictures....
First, some comparison pics to view while I go through the rest (took some 1000 pictures this weekend)

The AMS car from the front, in the rain.. speed: 120mph or so. Look at the water behind the car.

Cyber Evo, same speed, same spot.. look at the difference:

AMS car, roughly the same speed, from the back:

Cyber Evo, from the rear:

Much more pronounced aero going on there. I love the rain, it's fun to drive in, and in cases like this, a free aero data session on you and the competition.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

some light-hearted stuff before we get to the Cyber Evo:

Tarzan (driver extrodonare), Martin (tuner extrodonare), and Justin (fabricator/car builder extraordonare.)

Daddio and Tarzan discussing the art of drifting.. err.. wet driving. (didn't seem to be much difference Sunday)

Tarzan explaining the art of the aformentioned drifting/driving in his victory interview.. the spoils of victory surrounding him.

and cause I know what you guys really want....

Cyber Evo pics to come...
Old Oct 9, 2006, 03:55 PM
Account Disabled

Old Oct 9, 2006, 04:13 PM
Evolved Member

Much of what I have was covered above.. but here we go anyway.

The Cyber Evo

Heading into turn 10 at speed.

Exterior:

Cockpit:

Some Detail.. stock brakes..

attention to detail.. all of the hinges are cast aluminum, then painted for some bling effect.

Engine Bay

Old Oct 9, 2006, 05:36 PM
Former Sponsor

them there front and rear fenders look familur and so do dem side skirts. thanks for the pictures Jon looks like we got some more building to do.

There cage in that car doesnt look to be running to the front strut tower bars..... am i missing something in the pictures are did you see the same thing?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GregGSC
them there front and rear fenders look familur and so do dem side skirts. thanks for the pictures Jon looks like we got some more building to do.

There cage in that car doesnt look to be running to the front strut tower bars..... am i missing something in the pictures are did you see the same thing?
Greg,
I am pretty sure that the time attack cars over in Japan are not allowed to have any of the roll cage structure pass through the firewall. Someone I am sure will correct me if I am wrong. What happened with you guys? I thought you were coming with 3 cars?

Mark
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by markdaddio
Greg,
I am pretty sure that the time attack cars over in Japan are not allowed to have any of the roll cage structure pass through the firewall. Someone I am sure will correct me if I am wrong. What happened with you guys? I thought you were coming with 3 cars?

Mark
Mark
The evo didnt get out of the cage shop till week before last week, and needs to go to the body shop. to boot we are still finishing the head for the car. No testing for us at all, so we figured we didnt want to show up unless we were ready. we know the cyber evo was nothing at all to play with and that is the bench mark for us, so we are going to do a lot of testing this winter with the car and will be ready for what lies ahead. Not that i feel our car has a 55 in it at VIR but by next year we'll be ready to give it our best shot.

The supra was ready but we decided with out the evo it really wasnt worth making a trip with the supra. In hind site, looking back at the numbers we could have taken 2nd with it but oh well. it looks like the only thing in the arsenal that could of out ran the cyber evo was the RS and it is at Autometrics getting preped for this weekends PCA event at Daytona.

So leh and i played golf and went on the ajion grand pre instead.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Good pics from this weekend.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Bimmubishi
http://www.dentsport.com/gallery/v/dsg/events/GTLIVE/

Link to pics all taken by super photographer Quy (tdo5hr)
Nice job Alex, Bill, Q! I guess teh Maxi works! Really enjoyed the pics, thanks all who posted.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 07:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GregGSC
Mark
The evo didnt get out of the cage shop till week before last week, and needs to go to the body shop. to boot we are still finishing the head for the car. No testing for us at all, so we figured we didnt want to show up unless we were ready. we know the cyber evo was nothing at all to play with and that is the bench mark for us, so we are going to do a lot of testing this winter with the car and will be ready for what lies ahead. Not that i feel our car has a 55 in it at VIR but by next year we'll be ready to give it our best shot.

The supra was ready but we decided with out the evo it really wasnt worth making a trip with the supra. In hind site, looking back at the numbers we could have taken 2nd with it but oh well. it looks like the only thing in the arsenal that could of out ran the cyber evo was the RS and it is at Autometrics getting preped for this weekends PCA event at Daytona.

So leh and i played golf and went on the ajion grand pre instead.
I see. Too bad, it would have been fun to run against the supra.
Old Oct 9, 2006, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

is the cyber evo cooling off the front of the head with that passenger side ducting?
Old Oct 9, 2006, 10:50 PM
Former Sponsor

dont u meen drivers side...................

Quick Reply: GT Live VIR 06