Notices
Evo X General Discuss any generalized technical Evo X related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Lancer Evolution X News, Info, Pics, etc... | [ALL THREADS MERGED]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2005, 12:36 AM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i don't like those g35 round fenders.

evo should keep the blister fenders. they look hot.

they should also keep the headlight design where it protrude to the fender.

that and the front fender, but with some front spoiler/splitter options.

really, all they need to revise is the tail-lights, and the trunk a little bit and it'll look hot.

and bring the blacked out jdm headlights and taillights over here.

and save the money on new sheet metal and re-do the interior a bit more refined.

Why fix it if it aint broken?
Old Jul 11, 2005, 06:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
EVO X Test Car

TCC's spies have caught Mitsubishi engineers testing a mule for the next-generation Lancer - the car that will spawn the eagerly anticipated EVO X. The bulging front fenders on this prototype give away the fact that this seemingly ordinary Lancer has been heavily reworked to squeeze a new platform beneath its skin.

This mule uses a combination of body panels from the Lancer line. The front fascia is largely from the standard Lancer, with wheel-well flares added to accommodate a wider front track. The prototype uses the rear end, rear fenders, and rear doors of the Lancer Evolution, whose increased width makes the additional flare at the rear unnecessary.

This indicates that even the most humble Lancer models will probably get more EVO traits mixed into the final product, which should improve the lineup from top to bottom. This prototype has much of the new car's interior so that climate-control performance can be accurately gauged in the 120-degree desert sun.

The prototype's ride height has been severely altered by heavy loads, making for a truly punishing test to pave the way for a full-fledged, final-bodied prototype sometime in the near future.

The next EVO, with more than 300 hp, is expected to be shown at this fall's Tokyo Motor Show. A U.S. launch is on its docket for 2006.

from thecarconnection.com

TOMMY B

RALLY ON //////////////////////////
Old Jul 11, 2005, 06:53 AM

Spy Shots: ’07 Mitsu Lancer/EVO X

Spy Shots: ’07 Mitsu Lancer/EVO X

http://www.thecarconnection.com/Enth...178.A8890.html

TCC's spies have caught Mitsubishi engineers testing a mule for the next-generation Lancer - the car that will spawn the eagerly anticipated EVO X. The bulging front fenders on this prototype give away the fact that this seemingly ordinary Lancer has been heavily reworked to squeeze a new platform beneath its skin.

This mule uses a combination of body panels from the Lancer line. The front fascia is largely from the standard Lancer, with wheel-well flares added to accommodate a wider front track. The prototype uses the rear end, rear fenders, and rear doors of the Lancer Evolution, whose increased width makes the additional flare at the rear unnecessary.

This indicates that even the most humble Lancer models will probably get more EVO traits mixed into the final product, which should improve the lineup from top to bottom. This prototype has much of the new car's interior so that climate-control performance can be accurately gauged in the 120-degree desert sun.

The prototype's ride height has been severely altered by heavy loads, making for a truly punishing test to pave the way for a full-fledged, final-bodied prototype sometime in the near future.

The next EVO, with more than 300 hp, is expected to be shown at this fall's Tokyo Motor Show. A U.S. launch is on its docket for 2006.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:12 AM
Evolved Member

Not liking the front end at all! But 300+hp is always good...
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:25 AM
Account Disabled

As long as Mitsubishi keeps this awesome body and the rear end they will be fine. I love the curent car and I think they will do fine with the new design. I can't wait to see the new Engine....
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:28 AM
Evolved Member

i dunnno about that, those pics will not be near what the X will look like, look how those bumpers are held on, ghettto, they just needed a skin to test the powerplant my guess. They used a Ralliart front, and an VIII rear and VIII tails! I believe we prolly have another 8 months to a year before we see the real X
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

loooks like superglue and a little grinder was used to put a shell on it imo
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:31 AM
Evolved Member

or it could be a guy that bought a totaled evo viii and bought miscelaneous parts for it to make it drivable lolol, steel wheels, ralliart front bumper, primered gas lid... oh well.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:47 AM

yeah that doesnt seem like a real prototype to me..
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

the front doesn't even flow with the rest of the car. it looks like 2 cars jammed together. the front is round like the RA and it keeps it boxier evo rear. ehh
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by yeah right!
yeah that doesnt seem like a real prototype to me..
it's not a prototype, it's a test mule. Basically what you are looking at is a prototype of the Evo X drivetrain inside a modified current lancer shell. Don't expect the X to look anything like that.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 07:53 AM
Evolved Member

It's a mule. That means that the body is only there to cover up the guts, which are the new evo X. Remember that this means that the appearance is not representative of the actual car. Mitsubishi would not want the final production body work to be photographed this early in the game, particularly when they have the Evo IX to sell. So no more stupid rants on the way the car looks. And before anyone asks me how I know so much-- I work for a car company in product definition. I'm supposed to know these things.

It is ABSOLUTELY a prototype. Look at the fuel filler door. See how it's been relocated? This can only be explained by the fact that what is underneath is significantly different than what the body was designed for. There would otherwise be no reason to relocate a fuel filler, which would be nearly impossible and more importantly, pointless. The other telltale is the manufacturer's license plates from Michigan, which indicates that the vehicle is titled by a manufacturer, not an individual or unrelated company.

Last edited by osunick; Jul 11, 2005 at 07:56 AM.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:07 AM
Evolving Member

Wow, scheduled for a 2006 US release......

If that actually happens the IX will be short-lived indeed.

Good or bad who knows, but the IX could be a very limited production run.
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is ABSOLUTELY a prototype. Look at the fuel filler door. See how it's been relocated? This can only be explained by the fact that what is underneath is significantly different than what the body was designed for. There would otherwise be no reason to relocate a fuel filler, which would be nearly impossible and more importantly, pointless.
I agree on most points, but I"m willing to bet that the fuel filler was only relocated to clear a revised rear suspension geometry. I would highly doubt that the rear end of the 10 will still look like that original 8 that debuted in 2003. (actually going back to the 7)
Old Jul 11, 2005, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Greg K
I agree on most points, but I"m willing to bet that the fuel filler was only relocated to clear a revised rear suspension geometry. I would highly doubt that the rear end of the 10 will still look like that original 8 that debuted in 2003. (actually going back to the 7)
"revised rear suspension geometry" still qualifies in my book as "significantly different". In other words, not something that a random dude with a stock lancer is going to do, which is what some others seem to believe.

Quick Reply: Lancer Evolution X News, Info, Pics, etc... | [ALL THREADS MERGED]