Notices
Private 'Evo 1 - 9' For Sale / Wanted Sell an item in here or look for a particular part that you need.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Piggy Back 4Sale

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26, 2004, 10:06 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Piggy Back 4Sale

I have an rrm piggyback... one of the first designs. It has a starting flaw in it. Some cars will learn around it and some won't. Usually to start the car you have to pump the gas but once your started it runs fine and there are no issues. Has the same great RRM map in it. If you're local i can put it in for you... if not i'll include instructions.

It is used but works. PM me for ??'s and pricing. I'm thinking that due to it's possible startup problems, 250+shipping.

It also has an output feature that i can set to control a relay or shift light or any grounded option by either rpm, vacuum, or both. Thanks.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 01:16 PM
EvoM Guru

A lot of ??'s about the startup... basically sometimes you have to tap the throttle a bit to get the car started. Seems the box litterally falls asleep and needs a few seconds to wake up when your starting the car. It doesn't hurt the car it's just a pain in the *** sometimes. However i had this same box on my car and after a few days it started evertime until i reset the ecu... then it took a couple days and started working right all the time.

I don't know for sure if you'll have the same luck with it i did but for the price it works great. There are no running, idling, or driving issues at all. It just doesn't like to start right off the bat for some reason. This was corrected in the new boxes rrm sells however this is one of a kind 1st edition(only one out there) that has a programable output as well.

You can always wire in a DPDT switch to take the piggy out of operation during the start then switch it on after your going. I can include a diagram of how to do that.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 02:12 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hey boe, i am very interested in the piggy.... please pm me with some details
Old Aug 26, 2004, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

my piggy does the same thing on startup....not a big deal at all..and like boe said after a while it started everytime till i just reset the ecu...so bump for a great product and price
Old Aug 26, 2004, 02:26 PM
Evolving Member

Just to let you know i will buy the piggy from you, just pm for shipping and paypal stuff....
Old Aug 26, 2004, 02:47 PM
EvoM Guru

You've got pm's.
Old Aug 26, 2004, 09:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Sold... thanks!