Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.
View Poll Results: What Day to Hold Regular Meets? (Starting Times)
Thursday, July 17 9pm
48.15%
Friday, July 18 9pm
25.93%
Saturday, July 29 9pm
25.93%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Weekly Evolution Meets in Schaumburg

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:38 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Weekly Evolution Meets in Schaumburg

Seeing as how MANY of the Evo meets turn out becoming FLOPS. I figured why not see why it always happens. Reasons attributing to this being?

1.) Confusion on date?
2.) Day itself doesn't work for the general public (for the most part)?
3.) Time?

Date is what we're going to take a poll on, day rather because a three week notice is plenty for people to prepare. I can safely say that time isn't too big of a concern; that 9pm is fairly late enough for people to take care of their personal 'chores' prior to coming. I'm going to take a safe stab in saying that this new meet I'm trying to ORGANIZE will begin at 9pm. Location? Schaumburg seems to be the central area for most people in the 'burbs and is a general "known" spot due to places like Streets of Woodfield and the Woodfield Mall. Now what I want YOU guys to do is take the poll. I'll leave the option for Thursday/Friday/Saturday open as most people in the summer have other things going on (Families/Picnics/etc) on Sundays. So there you have it, my contribution in trying to make this finally work. As I have said before if this doesn't work out i'm outright selling my car and buying a Subaru, right Dan?

Place: PACE Bus stop off of Mall Dr in Schaumburg, IL (a block west of Streets of Woodfield -apparently they changed the CTA to PACE).
Date: Starting date dependent on majority of votes, run till we're tired looking at cars or talking cars .
Time: 9pm
Notes: 1.) PLEASE BE CONSIDERATE AND DO NOT DRIVE LIKE MORONS OR SHOW OFF YOUR COOL NEW BOV -NOBODY CARES. 2.) If this works out well it WILL become a regular weekly thing. 3.) I cannot re-emphasize; please be considerate and show maturity, we don't have many places that allow car meets and don't want to lose another due to idiocy.

***LAST OPTION SHOULD READ THE 19th***

Last edited by inco9nito99; Jul 18, 2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 12:05 PM

i am definitly up for a small meet by woodfield, thurs would be the best for me ...kunal if ya need help organizing, hit me up!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 02:20 PM
Evolving Member

yay!... i can show off my new ride ... lol
Old Jun 26, 2008, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm down for anyday to be honest. I'm in.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 03:25 PM
Evolved Member

Supras are not allowed Sunny :P
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:06 PM

you finally got the poopra sunny? gimme a ride in that bad boy!
Old Jun 26, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Poopra luuurv. No good in the snow though mate
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

Thursdays in the borders parking lot is the subie meet.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Saturday meets are best for me.

i think they usually flop because most people assume no one els will show.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 10:51 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsumanny
So! Hey we might make some AWD buddies lol I think it would be fun to crash their meet with a load of Evo's

Last edited by Kins; Jun 27, 2008 at 07:29 AM.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 11:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Kins
So! Hey we might make some AWD buddies lol I think it would be fun to crash there meet with a load of Evo's
agreed
Old Jun 27, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

I agree with spdrcr456 about thinkin no one else shows up. I usually drive in and c the lot empty so I take off. But then again I can be part of the problem.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:03 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mitsumanny
All the more reason to stay away. We can't get our own meet together, so ruin someone elses?

So! Hey we might make some AWD buddies lol I think it would be fun to crash their meet with a load of Evo's
If the downright stupidity and idiocy which accompanied the Evo meet at fudruckers a while back shows up crashing the meet is exactly what will happen. No sense in making enemies here.

Originally Posted by hamflex
agreed
Disagreed.
Old Jun 27, 2008, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

What went down at Fudruckers? It's people that mess around at meets that give clubs and forums a bad name.

I've only been to one Evo meet at BWW and it was freezing so I didn't hang out for long but everyone seemed pretty cool. Oh I went to AMS open day too

I'm really don't see why there would be a problem joining the subaru crowd. Why don't was ask them if we can come along?

I for one love suburus. There seems to be this great divide between the WRX/STI owners and EVO owners. I really don't get it. The 2 cars are all about the same thing and have evolved side by side competing against each other. I know when buying my car I looked at the STI AND the Evo... it was a tough choice. I think I would have been happy with either car. If someones got a nice Subby I'll go check it out and talk to the owner. I do this because I feel we share the same interest... we love awd, turbo sports sedans.

People who say Subarus are crap or Subaru owners are tools, need to grow up. Seriously. (The same applies Vice Versa)

How about we build bridges towards the Subaru community instead of putting up walls.

Sorry rant over.... this is something that just gripes me.

P.S Mitsubishi FTW
Old Jun 27, 2008, 09:55 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It may have been fudruckers, or portillos I really don't remember and I wasn't there. I just read the accounts of people doing donuts in the parking lot as well as launching. It was kind of funny that hondatech had a huge meet at busse that day and there was no asshattery. . https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=258975

As far as joining them, while I may not own a Subaru I am a long time member of MWSOC and ran the Midwest Shootout the two years prior to this and IMO its safe to say that it's not an open meet. Those who attended the old borders meets up until the point 'hardcore' streetracers with weapons ruined it will surely understand why.

What went down at Fudruckers? It's people that mess around at meets that give clubs and forums a bad name.

I've only been to one Evo meet at BWW and it was freezing so I didn't hang out for long but everyone seemed pretty cool. Oh I went to AMS open day too

I'm really don't see why there would be a problem joining the subaru crowd. Why don't was ask them if we can come along?

I for one love suburus. There seems to be this great divide between the WRX/STI owners and EVO owners. I really don't get it. The 2 cars are all about the same thing and have evolved side by side competing against each other. I know when buying my car I looked at the STI AND the Evo... it was a tough choice. I think I would have been happy with either car. If someones got a nice Subby I'll go check it out and talk to the owner. I do this because I feel we share the same interest... we love awd, turbo sports sedans.

People who say Subarus are crap or Subaru owners are tools, need to grow up. Seriously. (The same applies Vice Versa)

How about we build bridges towards the Subaru community instead of putting up walls.

Sorry rant over.... this is something that just gripes me.

P.S Mitsubishi FTW

Last edited by Brian; Jun 27, 2008 at 11:17 AM.

Quick Reply: Weekly Evolution Meets in Schaumburg