Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Tuning via VR Speed/TSCOMPUSA

Search this Thread

Old Mar 20, 2011, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tuning via VR Speed/TSCOMPUSA

Well I had a tune done localy and it was just not feeling right. I was throwing codes and the power was sparatic at best but I lost to a bolt on Evo X. I only made 389 and 328 tq on the inital tune. Once I got done with the Remote tuneing from VR Speed I made 442 hp and 423 ft/lbs tq on 93oct running 26 psi with a 27psi spike but holding 26 out through redline. The experiance was that of great quality, I was nervous on Evo Scan and how to use the ecu flash and all this stuff but TSCOMP walked me through it and also remote connected to my Laptop and set everything up at no charge and also got my 4 bar map sensor to read as well. The time taken to get it right was just great we worked together for over 5 hours with Rom after Rom and Tweak after Tweak until it did not give 1 count of knock and held timing where it was needed and made the best power.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:05 PM
Account Disabled

nice power! im currently getting tuned by him too and i would recommend him to anyone!

you still on the stock block?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ev1levo
nice power! im currently getting tuned by him too and i would recommend him to anyone!

you still on the stock block?
Yes stock motor and Head just cams. I assume your the HTA Green on E85?
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:08 PM
Account Disabled

no fp black cams etc
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:10 PM
Evolved Member

no fp black cams etc
Ahh gotya. I love the tune just my car hates timing lol.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:12 PM
Account Disabled

yea my car likes timing lol i believe im at 28 psi spike, i dont remember havent driven the car in so long, my transmission let go while in the tuning process
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

yea my car likes timing lol i believe im at 28 psi spike, i dont remember havent driven the car in so long, my transmission let go while in the tuning process
Clutch or tranny broke? That was tscomps concern with me since I have a 6 speed.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:21 PM
Account Disabled

tranny broke, it started popping out of 5th occasionally, it wasnt that bad but then it started to get worse as we did more pulls. I was doing the pull from central jersey on the Garden State Parkway to my house up north in wayne i made it from exit 129 to about 131 and stopping with the tuning cause it got so bad i didnt think i was going to make it home. at around exit 135 i lost Fifth gear completely LOL so i was on the parkway in 4th gear doing like 50? maybe less i dont remember. So after a while driving in 4th gear i tried 5th again and it worked for like a minute then popped out and i tried to go int 4th but i couldnt get in any gear. i rolled to about 25 mph and it let me in 3rd so i used 3rd gear and slowly shifted into 4th and drove home using 4th. It was a bad day lol. Cars still in my friends shop im waiting for the rest of the parts to come in to finish it so i can finish tuning! Its been a while now. so far i got up to 440 hp 400 tq i believe ill ask tscompusa and verify the numbers to see what my max was but im keeping it low due to the stock block. The fp blacks sound is crazy lol!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

tranny broke, it started popping out of 5th occasionally, it wasnt that bad but then it started to get worse as we did more pulls. I was doing the pull from central jersey on the Garden State Parkway to my house up north in wayne i made it from exit 129 to about 131 and stopping with the tuning cause it got so bad i didnt think i was going to make it home. at around exit 135 i lost Fifth gear completely LOL so i was on the parkway in 4th gear doing like 50? maybe less i dont remember. So after a while driving in 4th gear i tried 5th again and it worked for like a minute then popped out and i tried to go int 4th but i couldnt get in any gear. i rolled to about 25 mph and it let me in 3rd so i used 3rd gear and slowly shifted into 4th and drove home using 4th. It was a bad day lol. Cars still in my friends shop im waiting for the rest of the parts to come in to finish it so i can finish tuning! Its been a while now. so far i got up to 440 hp 400 tq i believe ill ask tscompusa and verify the numbers to see what my max was but im keeping it low due to the stock block. The fp blacks sound is crazy lol!
Damn sorry to hear that, I can only.imagine how much louderbthe black is I have the 84mm Red and love the sound.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:34 PM
Account Disabled

yeah its pretty bad lol, i had the fp green hta73 and the sound was sick i have no idea what the red sounds like tho
Old Mar 20, 2011, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

Nice power on pump gas congrats
Old Mar 20, 2011, 07:06 PM
Evolved Member

yeah its pretty bad lol, i had the fp green hta73 and the sound was sick i have no idea what the red sounds like tho
It has a similar sound as the Black only the black is a bit louder from what I hear then again I am not sure never heard a black in person lol.

Originally Posted by keath
Nice power on pump gas congrats
Thanks, its all thanks to TSCOMPUSA. I dynoed 389.1 WHP and 327.8 WTQ in 4th on a Dyno Dynamics and this was in 3rd gear making 442 WHP and 423 WTQ and only 1 psi more boost so whats that 1 psi=51.9 whp & almost 100 ft/lbs more lol. If you know how to read ROMS and understand them I can send my old tune to you to see how messed up it was lol.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 07:10 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
It has a similar sound as the Black only the black is a bit louder from what I hear then again I am not sure never heard a black in person lol.
damn, i almost got the red too but i got a sick price on a new black so i couldnt pass it! Congrats on the new found power and enjoy the car!
Old Mar 20, 2011, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

damn, i almost got the red too but i got a sick price on a new black so i couldnt pass it! Congrats on the new found power and enjoy the car!
Thanks. Keep me updated on your end results once the car is back up.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 07:32 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by BEISSEN
Thanks. Keep me updated on your end results once the car is back up.
will definitely do! My parts should be here tomorrow or tuesday!

im also running meth injection which is still OFF right now so we'll see how that goes lol!

Quick Reply: Tuning via VR Speed/TSCOMPUSA