Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

MAP o2 Elim Downpipe - automotive art?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2010, 07:54 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
MAP o2 Elim Downpipe - automotive art?

Hey all, thought I'd cross-post this here; it is an excerpt from my build thread:
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ml#post8575222

Another piece to the puzzle. I spent a few hours swapping in a MAP o2 elim downpipe last night while spaz was doing his brakes. We got sidetracked a few times due to stuck brake pad pins but we were mostly done by my anna-imposed 11pm curfew (gotta get up early for work and the pups go crazy every time I come in for keys, wash hands, etc etc), we had to go till about midnight to finish everything up but she was pretty understanding due to the fact that she was swooning over how beautiful this piece is:

(my little beagle jill in the background)

Tennis ball rolls all the way through this thing no prob (I was curious about the flex section):

Next to the stock 'o2' housing and downpipe:

This thing is big, getting it in place was not hard but unfortunately I did scratch the ceramic coating just a bit on some of the heat shields on the firewall Without the flash it's tough to see, but there it is, gah! When you look down at this thing from the top it is kinda impressive how BIG it is. Fitment was absolutely perfect.

Fired it up for a leak test and around the block quick before bed, the first real test drive was on the way into work this morning. I drove Anna (like most days) and kept it pretty mild until I dropped her off. Most noticable improvement is part throttle in the 2500-4500rpm range, the car feels fantastic! The BBX felt a teensy bit doggy on the stock o2/downpipe but I have done nearly zero tuning to really try and get it more responsive because I knew this downpipe was on the way sooner rather than later

I threw on the logger and did some more aggressive driving and 3rd gear WOT pulls after I dropped the lady off and WOW seat of the pants feels great! Butt dyno immediately said 15whp up top, so after playing around a bit I went to one of my usual straight, flat spots and did some dedicated VDR pulls.

Always remember to take these with a grain of salt, it's not a true dyno but as best of a back-to-back as I could do!

The low-end makes no sense to me, its obvious that some tuning is needed from my tweaked stock turbo tune so I'll be addressing that in the future, but holly *****! +25whp@7000rpm! I am extremely happy with this thing and would recommend it to anyone. The fit/finish/quality is just top notch.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Definitely very nice looking! Your pictures alone are swaying my future decision.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Awesome review sir, I'm glad your happy with the downpipe, we put a lot of love into each and every one of them! I might just have to link to this from the website!
Old Aug 20, 2010, 08:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It really is an amazing downpipe. I bought mine about 2 weeks before I went home for R&R(currently deployed in Afghanistan) and installed her while I was home back in June. It was definitely worth the money and sounds amazing....have fun with it man!
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
nice review! im thinking about swapping out my perrin downpipe & invidia 02 for this in my ix