Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Should have learned! Slowboy Racing-Worst!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:29 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Should have learned! Slowboy Racing-Worst!

So another story about SLOWBOYRACING!!

I have a evo 8 with 20k miles on it! Ran into Rod knock!

First week of APRIL, 2010 call was made to slowboy racing!

So i call a couple shops including slowboy racing, clicked #1 directed me to Marti!

Marti says "we can get you a machined block with mahle rods, wiesco pistons, and acl race bearings for 3100 and if you want us to buy your core back we can give you 500.00 off.

Marti rushed and rushed me saying he could have the block done in 2 weeks shipped to me ect. So he charges me a 1500.00 deposit!

I said ok, so Marti said he has a third party shipping vendor that would pick up my block from my desired location.

The block is all crated and ready for pickup! I call Marti and notify him, he states in this following email:

Hey marti, here is the adress where the block can be picked up at. Its all crated and ready for pickup. If you can schedule someone to come out and get it, that would be great. Cant wait to get the built block from you guys in a couple weeks!

Adress:

8th velocity motorsports
21619 # F Highway 99, Lynnwood, WA, 98036

The company owners name is Tommi Hung. He has the block with him, hes always there, store hours are monday-friday 10:30am-6:00pm

I just got off the phone with TOMMI and he said, if monday they can come pick it up that would be great, or whenever you can schedule a pickup. Sometime this coming week.

If you need to contact me, my phone number is 425-***-****.

Thanks Marti,

Akash Chhabra

to: mar@slowboyracing.com
date: Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 12:53 PM
subject: Schedule UPS FRIEGHT pickup for Akash's block!!
mailed-bygmail.com

Marti Ruiz to me
show details Apr 16

Got it! Forwarded it off! We’ll get the pick up info by Monday. = )

Thanks, buddy.

to: Akash Chhabra <akash.chhabra@gmail.com>
date: Fri, Apr 16, 2010 at 1:46 PM
subject: RE: Schedule UPS FRIEGHT pickup for Akash's block!!

So i waited for about a week, called Marti back, which it was practically impossibly to get ahold of him! I would get Joe, or some other dudes in the shop to answer, and they would be like "Marti is on the phone can you hold for a sec" I say: "Sure why not!!!" Marti never gets to the phone.

So i finally get ahold of Marti, he says, "Sup buddy? i say "you guys still havent picked up my core from my local shop." He says " yeah weird, let me foward it to Candi again!"

I ask marti, whats the status of the block you guys are building me, he says "we had a delay getting the ACL race bearings, but now we got them and were working on your block!"

I wait another week, and still havent picked up my block! So i call marti and he says let me figure this out and call you back! I say "Are you actually gonna call me back or are you bluffin like you always do" He replies with a giggle saying he will.

Marti calls me back 2hrs later, saying look man we need to talk: "I totally thought we were working on your block, we ran into our third party vendor who supplies us with blocks and he didnt have any cores available. He said so my only options for you are, you can buy a new block and we can work off that, or i can just refund you the money.

I flipped, i said are you fu***ing kidding! 2-3 WEEKS of waiting, calling, ect and you tell me you havent even started?

He says ill see what i can do, he offers me to build off my core for 400.00 cheaper than 3100-500-400. I say i rather have my money back. I prolly will wait 2 years before you guys send me my block!

He says ok ill email candi and tell her to refund your deposit!

So Marti says he issued the refund, and told me to wait 4-5 days before i see it back in my account!

So i wait, and NOTHING!!!!

I call Marti, and he says he sees it processing, i still wait! Then i get a voicemail from a guy named Matt from slowboy racing.

Matt left me a voicemail saying: Hey this is matt from slowboy racing, i had a couple questions about the core your supposed to be sending in to us for us to build!

My reaction-WTFFFF, why is he saying he has questions about the core, when im supposed to be getting a refund.

So i call matt back at extension 108, he says look man, im the clean up guy here, Marti quit to do bigger and better things, so i want to figure out where were at with you!

I say MARTI QUIT???????? WTF? I told MATT i was supposed to be getting my 1500.00 Refund from you guys but never got any refund.

Matt replied with a giggle, yeah man i dont know what to tell you but it shows that there never was a refund issued to you! I say WTFFFF. Connect me Mike right now! He says mikes not in.

He says the best we can do is refund you 1150.00. IM like wtf bull***

I never got an invoice from slowboy! NOTHING! NOT EVEN A RECIPT OR ANY VERIFICATION! they simply charged my dang card for 1500.00!

SO to continue Matt says: According to Mike this is the best i can do, he said if i were you i would just take the 1150 and talk to mike about the rest since we charge a re-stocking fee.

I say WHAT RESTOCKING FEE, YOU GUYS NEVER PICKED UP MY BLOCK, NOR EVER HAD A BLOCK TO BUILD FOR ME!

he says yeah well i dont know what to tell you, i dont know what went down between you and Marti, hes not here anymore, so i gotta clean this mess!

I said well issue me my refund for 1150, and ill email mike!

Matt said he issued my refund on the 28th of May, 2010. I am still in the waiting process to see it in my account! i check every day, i understand it takes time but i have never in my life had such bad experience with a company!

Its such a big headache dealing with slowboy!

I still yet have to email mike about the 350, i WANT ME 1500.00 BACK! I figure 1150 is even better than nothing! Send me my money!

Simple advice: I personally dont know how a company with such reviews could still stay in business! but i will make sure locals from Seattle, WA and hopefully other evom members will see not to deal wth this company!

Prove that they took out 1500.00 out of my bank:

04/14/10-CHECK CRD PURCHASE 04/12 SLOWBOY RACING INC. SANFORD FL XXXX4909 10404000084xxxx ?MCC=5013 125008547xxxx-$1,500.00

Thanks for reading,

Akash Chhabra
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yep brother, this is definetly a shady shop.

Seen so many horror stories, I was gonna get a few things ordered myself when you told me that they were doing some work on your evo.

You gotta be insane to trust this shop with your money. Hope you get it all back soon, file a charge back with your credit card or you cant do that?
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:44 AM

thanks man, i plan on filing a charge back but i figured i try resolving this mannerly first, but obviously SBR is a joke as they cant respond to my calls or emails!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:45 AM
Evolving Member

I'm glad that when I was looking to get a built block they didn't reply to my PM's...hope you can get all your money back
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:56 AM
Evolving Member

Seeing all the bad reviews they have been getting, im sure they wont be getting much buisness from here for awhile now till they clean up there act. Even then its still hard to trust.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 12:56 AM

yea bro, im not a liar, i respect companies that respect their customers.

There are vendors on here who are so helpful, for small 50 dollar items they call me notifying me that they ran into a issue or they work hard to resolve the problem!

Its just a headache man

Ps: Thanks to wells fargo 24/7 support line, i just filed a search claim. we will see what happens!
Old Jun 2, 2010, 01:07 AM
Evolved Member

WOW. I was so freakin close to ordering a block and a lot of other parts from them. Good thing I saw this thread. These guys seem like *******s. If i were you I would fight them for a FULL refund. Get the CC company involved and if that didn't work go straight to the courts. What re-stocking fee are you getting charged for? That's total BS
Old Jun 2, 2010, 02:13 AM
Evolving Member

That sucks bro. Hope you get your full refund back. No no one should have to go through all that bull especially with your hard earned money. Good luck to ya.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 03:54 AM
Evolved Member

..i was just lookin into this company...lol as the guy a few above me said...good thing they didn't reply to pm's.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 04:24 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Closed, please follow the proper procedure to posting a negative review. PM chaotichoax he is handling this at the moment.