Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Slowboy Racing - Mike Huml

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Slowboy Racing - Mike Huml

This won't be new news to some and hopefully this post is in the correct section here.

10/30 we placed an order for a set of Slowboy's custom pistons made by Wiseco for a local customer based on a quote given to me by "JSO" on 6/11. The order was put through and parts shipped to us.

11/3 We received the order and I opened the box and did a quick visual and put them on the shelf.

11/6 I grab them on my way out the door to drop them off to my customer. I hand them to him and we pull them out to look at them. This is what we found.

Box, Worn Skirt, Dimples, Marked Pin

Needless to say my customer wasn't happy and I looked foolish for handing these to him. So, my customer decided to go another route for pistons.

11/7 I call Slowboy Racing and tell them the situation. They ask to see pictures which I then emailed on 11/10. On 11/11 I get an email back from Mike Huml stating that I am only to get a store credit not a refund for these and that they were sold to be "under his cost" (which is totally irrelevant and should have been brought up at receipt of the PO 12 days prior).

11/12 I call and leave messages for Mike that I cannot accept a store credit since the customer no longer wants to deal with me on the pistons (somewhat understandable). At one point I ask for Mike and get transferred to someone that isn't Mike, so I ask again to be transferred to Mike and get transferred to someone's voicemail that doesn't even work there any more.

11/12 via email I tell Mike, "we need a full refund. The parts we received are used and we're probably out some business with this customer now. It is not like we ordered the wrong parts, or changed our mind. We got sent a set of used pistons!!!".

11/12 His response, "That is our return policy...100% store credit and shipping reimbursed is the best I can do, you can use it to buy anything you need at your WHS pricing. Normally, I do not even take things like this back – I feel bad so am willing to give you 100% credit as stated previously."

11/12 My response, "I am not asking for anything I do not deserve. If I had received the right parts, there would be no questioning of a "store credit" or a "restocking fee". But I received a box of JUNK and am only asking for what I gave for this JUNK and you can have your JUNK back. I am not making money off of this refund...If I sold a customer some parts and actually gave him a box of rocks (of no use to him, just like getting USED pistons) how could I legitimately deny him a refund and tell him he can only use the funds from such a refund to buy more parts from me?...I have an RGA# and the parts are on their way back to you. I expect to have a conclusion on this matter by the time these parts get back to you and the only honorable solution is a full refund on the parts and shipping." I'm getting frustrated at this point.

11/12 Mike Huml's response, "Whats wrong with store credit?...It is the same as cash – you just have to buy a few parts...Not sure where the hang up is."

11/12 My final response to Mike, "Mike, Where in my email or PO does it state (or even suggest) that I want to buy used pistons? Verify this with Jason, Oliver, or anyone else. I simply did not receive what I ordered and want my money back...Store credit is a constraint that I would be required to do more business with a company that sold me USED parts as NEW and then had little disregard for customer service in handling the situation...Perhaps I run a business with higher values and less questionable character, but doing the right thing means doing the right thing. I honestly expected this to be handled a lot better, despite what I have been told about Slowboy Racing...This is really the last attempt to make amends here. Please advise on what you plan to do."

I have called in to SBR for the last 3 days to try to reach Mike to get the status on this. And 21 days later after no refund back to our credit card, I am told by one of their associates that a note was put on this order on 11/24 that a store credit is issued for the full amount, no refund.

I feel that I have been wronged here and stuck with doing more business with a company that is less than honest and unfair/unreasoning with their customers. I am not looking for sympathy, just sharing my experience with Mike Huml and Slowboy Racing.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:11 AM
Evolved Member

Sorry to hear this happened but im also sorry to say this is not the first instance i have heard of slowboy. I know its allot of a smaller scale but i ordered a ARP exhaust manifold stud kit. They ended up shipping me a Slowboy racing exhaust manifold kit. I called and told them this is not what i ordered. They told me that there kit is better then ARP's...lol... Anyway there parts looked like something i could get from any hardware store. Had to send them back at my expense and got store credit which i bought a bunch of ARP moly lube.

Chris
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

thanks for the warning. I will never order anything from Slowboy racing. Not that I was considering to do so anyway.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

i know how you feel i had a similar situation with a local shop of mine and gave me a big hassle for thing that were irrelevant with me
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:25 AM
Evolving Member

thats bad business right there...
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I heard some stuff in the SRT4 community, and i guess things have not change.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 45 Likes on 41 Posts
Yea no way you should 100% receive a full refund. Your ordering a part for a customer. Very shady business practice right there.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:41 AM
Account Disabled

As far as my experience never had a issue with sbr orderd a product from them and recieved it in three day's great packaging and customer service delt with oliver.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by IDRINKV8'S
As far as my experience never had a issue with sbr orderd a product from them and recieved it in three day's great packaging and customer service delt with oliver.
Thats probably because you actually got the product you ordered. Try and return something because they sent you the wrong thing and everything goes to hell.

Chris
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
they sent me a evo fuel rail instead of a eclipse one and gave me a big run around on how to get it taken care of
sry to hear
Evolved Member

thats ridiculous. shady business right there, and i guess they do not understand the extent that bad word of mouth on the forums can cause. be interesting to see if anyone over there chimes in...hope you get everything resolved and will def not be using them for business in the future.

I just don't understand how they are even still open. I live 40 minutes away from them and the amount of horror stories i hear is just ridiculous!
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

This is one of the few markets where companies can do bad business and get away with it. If what you presented is true and I understand the context, Mike is an idiot.
Old Dec 3, 2008, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Perhaps they should change their name to:"Shady Boy Racing"
Old Dec 3, 2008, 12:16 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by poorboyj
This won't be new news to some and hopefully this post is in the correct section here.

10/30 we placed an order for a set of Slowboy's custom pistons made by Wiseco for a local customer based on a quote given to me by "JSO" on 6/11. The order was put through and parts shipped to us.

11/3 We received the order and I opened the box and did a quick visual and put them on the shelf.

11/6 I grab them on my way out the door to drop them off to my customer. I hand them to him and we pull them out to look at them. This is what we found.

Box, Worn Skirt, Dimples, Marked Pin

Needless to say my customer wasn't happy and I looked foolish for handing these to him. So, my customer decided to go another route for pistons.

11/7 I call Slowboy Racing and tell them the situation. They ask to see pictures which I then emailed on 11/10. On 11/11 I get an email back from Mike Huml stating that I am only to get a store credit not a refund for these and that they were sold to be "under his cost" (which is totally irrelevant and should have been brought up at receipt of the PO 12 days prior).

11/12 I call and leave messages for Mike that I cannot accept a store credit since the customer no longer wants to deal with me on the pistons (somewhat understandable). At one point I ask for Mike and get transferred to someone that isn't Mike, so I ask again to be transferred to Mike and get transferred to someone's voicemail that doesn't even work there any more.

11/12 via email I tell Mike, "we need a full refund. The parts we received are used and we're probably out some business with this customer now. It is not like we ordered the wrong parts, or changed our mind. We got sent a set of used pistons!!!".

11/12 His response, "That is our return policy...100% store credit and shipping reimbursed is the best I can do, you can use it to buy anything you need at your WHS pricing. Normally, I do not even take things like this back – I feel bad so am willing to give you 100% credit as stated previously."

11/12 My response, "I am not asking for anything I do not deserve. If I had received the right parts, there would be no questioning of a "store credit" or a "restocking fee". But I received a box of JUNK and am only asking for what I gave for this JUNK and you can have your JUNK back. I am not making money off of this refund...If I sold a customer some parts and actually gave him a box of rocks (of no use to him, just like getting USED pistons) how could I legitimately deny him a refund and tell him he can only use the funds from such a refund to buy more parts from me?...I have an RGA# and the parts are on their way back to you. I expect to have a conclusion on this matter by the time these parts get back to you and the only honorable solution is a full refund on the parts and shipping." I'm getting frustrated at this point.

11/12 Mike Huml's response, "Whats wrong with store credit?...It is the same as cash – you just have to buy a few parts...Not sure where the hang up is."

11/12 My final response to Mike, "Mike, Where in my email or PO does it state (or even suggest) that I want to buy used pistons? Verify this with Jason, Oliver, or anyone else. I simply did not receive what I ordered and want my money back...Store credit is a constraint that I would be required to do more business with a company that sold me USED parts as NEW and then had little disregard for customer service in handling the situation...Perhaps I run a business with higher values and less questionable character, but doing the right thing means doing the right thing. I honestly expected this to be handled a lot better, despite what I have been told about Slowboy Racing...This is really the last attempt to make amends here. Please advise on what you plan to do."

I have called in to SBR for the last 3 days to try to reach Mike to get the status on this. And 21 days later after no refund back to our credit card, I am told by one of their associates that a note was put on this order on 11/24 that a store credit is issued for the full amount, no refund.

I feel that I have been wronged here and stuck with doing more business with a company that is less than honest and unfair/unreasoning with their customers. I am not looking for sympathy, just sharing my experience with Mike Huml and Slowboy Racing.
Jay - I did talk to you on the phone, and I was very polite and explained that you bought a set of used pistons with a new set of rings from us and offered you 100% store credit no questions asked. You did in fact know when you sent them back you were getting 100% store credit as this is what I told you before you got off the phone.

I cannot vouch for your original phone call, or the dates above as you spoke to three different sales associates about the same order.

I do feel bad about your situation - I really do - I think somewhere there was a misunderstanding about what you were ordering (we would not sell you new pistons at a huge loss) and that is why I gave you 100% store credit.

No one here is pointing fingers or being unreasonable... you can use the credit however you want, at any time you want - 100% of it is yours.

I have never heard someone complain so much about getting 100% store credit - now if I would have told you no returns on used parts, or hit you with a 20% re-stock fee... then I would have been being a dick - I am fact am quite easy to get a long with.

Mike Huml
Slowboy -

Quick Reply: Slowboy Racing - Mike Huml