Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

Ryan @ RnR and the 37R kit

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Ryan @ RnR and the 37R kit

Well I would like to start by telling my story... I called Ryan up awhile back when he had some 37R kits up for sale.
Link: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...=37r+turbo+kit

I called him as soon as I saw it on the boards and asked him about it. He told me the price and that it was slightly used and I asked if he would be willing to allow me to do it in payments and then when the final payment was done sent the kit my way. He had no issue at all and he agreed. I sent my 1st payment immediately and labelled it in my paypal payment to him. I payed where and when I could because I'm a working man, I work hard for every dollar I make and cherish everything I can afford. I had an unfortunate turn of events that happened and basically my motor popped one day on the way out to see some friends. I called Ryan and told him the situation and I would have to divert funds for awhile until I could get my motor redone. He understood and simply said that when I could pay just call him and let him know. I sent my motor to Bushcur Racing and my head to a local shop here in FL. While the motor was dropped and sent I felt I might as well go with Shepherd taking care of my tranny while I was at it. I had it fully treated with cryo and replaced the 5th gear that was toasted.

My friends and I put the car back together and slapped the stock turbo on.. we realized that the car under load/boost broke up terribly.. after tons of trouble shooting we took the head off and realized the motor was toast b/c the head gave way.. AGAIN another setback.. I sent the motor back to Buschur and told them the situation, Nick, Jarrod and David took care of me 10 times over even though they didn't have to. I appreciate all the hard work they did and sent them my head and they made it their full race head. So now I am ready, I have a fully built Buschur motor and Shepherd tranny, but I need now the turbo SO I begin payments again as soon as I could.

Now I call Ryan and tell him that my payments can continue and that I'm nearly done with the payments. I send him the payment amounts and show him. I ask about the intake since I thought it best to get a slim fan from AMS b/c of a 4inch intake required for the turbo. Ryan tells me that for $200 extra he can make me one for the kit. I was reluctant but say sure go ahead and call him a day later and say go ahead. I have always been able to call him and get him right away or have him call me back within an hour at the most. I give him my CC number for the last payment and tell him how I appreciate EVERYTHING he's done, being understanding, willing to work with me on the payments, and most of all him patience b/c of my setbacks.
He tells me no problem and the kit will ship out shortly.
The date is now November 29th and I get this email:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RnR Racing
Wed, 29 Nov 2006 1:18 PM
Ya, we are finally getting all the missing pieces now.
I will have a tracking number this week as everything
got delayed because of the holidays. Thanks Ryan
I say thanks and can't wait. I'm hoping to get my car up and running just before my birthday.. December 20th. After a few days I try calling but no luck so leave a message. A few days later I get another email:

Mon, 11 Dec 2006 4:29 PM
Sorry been really busy with the Holidays. I will have
all your tracking info late tonight and will email it
over in the morning for you. Sorry for the delay. Thanks
I wait a few more days and get this email:
Thu, 14 Dec 2006 2:41 PM
Finally get this thing shipped tommorrow.
1Z 272 T4E 03 9987 4487
Track it tommorrow.
I try tracking it for 2 days, but no dice.. UPS doesn't even acknowledge its a correct tracking number. I call Ryan again no answer and no call back. I try email and get this:
Sat, 16 Dec 2006 6:17 PM
Sorry there was a mix up with the tracking numbers.
This is the correct one you will be able to track
Monday night. Thanks again, Ryan
1Z 272 T4E 03 9962 4990
Notice the date of the last quote... I figure ok have my car up and running before the new year.. perfect. By this time I have friends telling me I made a huge mistake, but I have spoke with those who do have the kit and they sing praise. I go to bat for you Ryan, stick up for you and your workmanship. I try tracking the shipment and says is shipped out, then its here in FL.. then I finally get it while I'm at work.. one problem.. my girlfriend calls me and takes a picture of it for me and sends it to my phone... does THIS look like
A) quality work..
B) 34lbs of a turbo kit
or C) None of the above?

My friend/roomate and I look it over and align it to his Evo.. this won't even align correctly with the radiator AT ALL. I try calling and leave messages.. I get an email on my birthday...
Wed, 20 Dec 2006 10:55 AM
Finally got all the missing pieces I needed came in.
Please track the package tonight. I am really sorry
about the delay and am throwing in something for free
because of our delay. Thanks again and you should have
it middle of next week. Ryan
I figure okay, you (Ryan) just needed more time, I again go to bat for you from the others still holding my hopes up high that this time it will get here. I get another email:
Fri, 22 Dec 2006 1:05 PM
Johnathan, I just wanted to let you know that one of
things we are giving you for free in a bran new kit
instead of an old used kit. We have made a bunch of
updates since you started ordering and are just going
to give you a new turbo/kit. Anyway just wanted to let
you know. Happy Holidays and you will see the kit
shortly after Christmas. Thanks Ryan
Now I am VERY excited, a NEW KIT! with UPGRADES that you say you've made. Here's the email I sent you with your response:
Originally Posted by EvoVIIIFL
Tue, 26 Dec 2006 12:22 PM

I can't wait until you finally see it. They are work
of arts. Ryan
--- (email editted) wrote:

> Ryan,
> I greatly appreciate that bud. I look forward to
> seeing what all these updates are on this turbo/kit
> since I have pictures of the "older" kits. I've done
> some talking to others that have it and am very
> anxious to put it all together and do a write up on
> it and put it up on the car. Been a long road and
> she's finally all put together. I have all the
> fluids and everything set up so look forward to
> getting the kit. Also appreciate the gesture on
> giving me another thing for free, makes me curious
> as to what it could be. Hopefully UPS updates the
> tracking info on it, as it still says that its just
> got the billing information only, which its been
> saying it since the 16th.
> ~Jonathan
Well the faitful day finally comes and once again I'm at work. My girlfriend calls me and the news is anything but what I've been waiting so long to hear... parts have arrived, but one very big thing is missing... the TURBO! Upon arriving home I take pictures of everything that arrived. Heres a picture:

This is what was suppose to come with the kit:
GT37R Turbo(Dual Ball Bearing)
304 SS cast 8 gauge manifold
Ram Horn Equal Length Design
3" SS 02 Downpipe(bolts up to 3" flange at Cat)
2 piece design Downpipe/02
Tial 38mm Wastgate
1 3/8" SS water pipe, clamps
2.5" SS lower IC pipe w/silicon hoses and t-bolt clamps
SS Dump Tube
AN fittings
SS oil lines
coolant lines
Copper wastegate gaskets, Copper turbo gasket
SS bolts, nuts, washers, etc
SS gaskets
hose connectors
everything needed to bolt up to your car

Now I noticed something else missing also.. Tial Wastegate.. ANOTHER huge component.
And what of the intake???

I start looking at the welds and I start noticing very VERY ALARMING problems.
This IC piping is both polished and UNPOLISHED

Now I've never been about show.. I was more about the power.. and besides not like anyone can see that. But what I'm showing next DOES concern power and the safety of my entire NEW motor!

I begin looking at the manifold and notice the welds were done so hot that they actually aren't smooth but actually sag into the manifold:

I look into the manifold to see the welds inside.. or lack there of.. the welds aren't even holding it together! Look at the crack in the center of the horn!

I check area for each cylinder coming off the block.. the welds are restrictive of the exhaust gas flow to the point that I can't believe what I'm seeing.. here are the cylinders 1-4

Then I looked at the 02 dump.. DEAR GOD MAN!

I'm getting angry to the point that I want to punch a hole through the wall.. I called you Ryan and had to leave another message.. again.. I blew UP leaving that message.. I wanted explanations, I wanted answers, I wanted a reason. I still haven't heard back... not even an email.

This is why I am posting this in this forum and I am going to be posting it in EVERY Evo forum from the west coast to the east coast.

Ryan can you honestly say that you would put this on YOUR CAR???

I have tried numerous times to contact you with no luck. I have to respectfully request that you refund my money please. I appreciate everything that you've done in the past, I've been understanding, but I can't be anymore understanding or take anymore hardships. I have now a fully built tranny, a fully built motor and I can't even do a THING with any of it... I've been without my car now for OVER 9 months.. some of it my own time while gathering parts up on a budget.. but its to the point that I can't do anything anymore.

I will send all these parts back to you upon refund of my money and I will pay for the shipment of them and give you the tracking number.
Please understand I don't want to take this to legal matter, but if I must do so I will.
The total was $3599 for the kit and you said $200 for the intake.. so the grand total is $3799.

Sincerely,
~Jonathan

UPDATE- Monday
Well upon posting this I got an meail from Ryan saying that the turbo and wastegate will be drop shipped from Precision and delivered sometime this week.. not holding my breath on this...

UPDATE-Tuesday
Okay I took it upon myself to call RnR and advise them of this location of this thread at 9am EST. I told them that I hope to have a call sometime by the end of business their time, which translates to 9pm EST. I told them if I don't I will be consulting an attorney. The time now here in FL is 10:02pm. Not a single phone call. Now with that said I have an appointment to see the family attorney tomorrow at 9am EST. I have my paperwork, my payments, emails, and every other kind of paper I can possibly think of that I saved over this whole transaction. I will update tomorrow night about what the attorney says.

UPDATE-Wensday
Talked with attorney, showed all documents, paperwork, emails. Advised not to talk to Ryan unless he contacts me. Says its best to wait till Friday and then go from there if no contact has been established.
So Friday will update this... those that say they are close to RnR I have PM'd you both about possibly swinging by and bringing this thread to Ryans attention. Appreciate it if either of you can do it for me.
~Jon

UPDATE-Saturday
Upon the advice of y attorney, a long tie friend of my fathers, I will not be posting updates to this site with the hope that the matter can be amicably resolved. If it is not amicably resolved though, I will advise.

UPDATE- Well in case some of you haven't seen... I LOVE BUSCHUR RACING!!! https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=247231
BTW there is now going to be a full Buschur Racing Evo in my driveway next to my roommates full AMS Evo

Last edited by EvoVIIIFL; Jan 27, 2007 at 07:45 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:21 AM
Evolved Member

Thats terrible.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:31 AM
Evolving Member

Aaaaah man, sorri to hear that about your turbo Kit man, there's alot of people who have been scammed or Late shipment with damage to there Stuff. Hope you get your money Back.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

for the same money, you easily could have stepped into a buschur, ams, or shearer kit w/ flawless mani and lifetime warranty. I was always a fan of RnR because their 3" tbe was affordable and makes great power, but after reading all the problems with more expensive purchases, I would choose one of the big 3
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
That's Terrible I'm Sorry.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man, shoulda went with AMS..lol
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:54 AM
Evolving Member

good luck man, maybe this post will be the match that lights a flame up there a$$

Last edited by evocanival; Jan 8, 2007 at 11:59 AM.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by CAD EVO
for the same money, you easily could have stepped into a buschur, ams, or shearer kit w/ flawless mani and lifetime warranty. I was always a fan of RnR because their 3" tbe was affordable and makes great power, but after reading all the problems with more expensive purchases, I would choose one of the big 3
Make the guy feel bad why don't you Hope this gets worked out though and good luck
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:01 PM
Evolved Member

I can't believe people still give these guys money, I swear I read one of these threads at least once a month. The only thing I ever purchased from RNR was my turbo back with Carbon Ti muffler. It sounds awesome and looks great but the fitment was an absolute disaster. I had to heatwrap the dp because it rubbed up against the oil pan, it barely cleared the ACD even with big spacers, and the catback sits about 4 inches from the ground, and needed tons of readjustment to fit properly. I give RNR a big
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

WOW... I think you should take a trip out to San Diego.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Wow. I wouldn't even put that on my lawn mower.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Misael
Wow. I wouldn't even put that on my lawn mower.
youre not kidding!

sorry to hear about this
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
It's posts like this that made me shy away from their Carbon-Ti exhaust. I hope that you get your money back man.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

just another bad kit from rnr. I do hope they work it out.
Old Jan 8, 2007, 12:18 PM
Account Disabled

Not too sure if this will make you feel any better but this was posted on Dec 30,2006 by RNR in their PINKS EVO thread
WOW, I didn't even know this thread was still alive. Basically it comes down to this. Both cars for the race weren't ready in time. Instead of bringing a car that wasn't 100% ready and not properly representing the EVO world. We decided to postpone the race for March. Once you guys see this EVO you will understand why it took so long. It will be WELL WORTH THE WAIT.

FYI, if you have any questions please feel free to email me at
rs92laser@yahoo.com

and the reason we aren't active on here as much anymore is because we started a new company which restores cars and time is very tight for us these days.
Seems that they may be in a different bussiness now? You decide...

Quick Reply: Ryan @ RnR and the 37R kit