Notices
Vendor Service / Parts / Tuning Review Post your service, part & tuning reviews here. Please note all new threads are moderated.

K-Sport coilovers review

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2005, 03:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
K-Sport coilovers review

This will be my review on both the K-Sport coilovers as well as GSC motor sports…So I received my K-Sport coilovers from GSC early this week. Greg was more than helpful. I originally had planned to buy Omnipower coilovers over about a month ago. He informed me that he had some new coilovers on the way, so he recommended I wait to see how they were. Of course, I wanted to see what these new ones were about. When he got them in, he followed up with me and told me how satisfied he was with them. So I placed the order. They were shipped in a very timely manner. Overall, my experience with GSC was great. They are a truly awesome vendor. Way more helpful than many other vendors who either: 1. Have no idea what they are talking about. Or 2. Get so frustrated with customers that ask a couple of questions. 2 big thumbs up to GSC. Now, the coilovers….I had them installed by a local suspension guru. I took them for a quick ride before the camber/toe was set and before the alignment. Keep in mind, I am comparing this setup to stock struts with Tein S-Tech’s. The first thing I noticed was that there was a HUGE difference just driving on a normal road. The coilovers are stiff yes, but no where near as stiff as I thought they would be. They are also far less bouncy than the Tein’s. I can’t imagine these coilovers being to stiff for anyone. If these are too stiff for you, you need to sell your Evo and go buy a Caddy. These coilovers are also very nice on high speed turns. Roads I normally felt no safer than 65 on, I could hit 75 and not even feel like I was turning. I even went up to 95 on these turns. It’s like having a different car. Keep in mind this is still all before the alignment. I got the alignment the day after they were installed and of course it just got better. I’m a canyon driver and I absolutely love these things. To anyone that is thinking about lowering springs of any kind: Stop. Just save up a few extra bucks and go with the coilovers. It will save you the trouble I have gone through. And I am way more broke than most people, so me saying they are worth the extra money means a lot. Besides, these are so much more comfortable for daily driving than springs anyway! Props to GSC and K-Sport. If you are like me and can’t justify spending 2 g’s on coilovers, then I definitely recommend the K-Sport!
Old Jun 7, 2005, 03:39 PM
Evolved Member

sounds good im kinda looking towards purchasing a set of these coilover but im really tight on cash flow right now
Old Jun 7, 2005, 03:59 PM
Evolving Member

pics of the drop please... and how low/high can they go?
Old Jun 7, 2005, 05:20 PM
Evolved Member

good review.it looks like a sweet coil-over for the cash
Old Jun 7, 2005, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by viciousv322
pics of the drop please... and how low/high can they go?
ill second that! nice review
Old Jun 7, 2005, 05:46 PM
Evolving Member

Any pics? What are the spring rates on these?
Old Jun 7, 2005, 05:58 PM
Account Disabled

Great review, just need to see them on the car. I'm running on s-techs right now also, so this looks like the logical upgrade from springs.
Old Jun 7, 2005, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

What level settings were the struts on?
Old Jun 7, 2005, 10:22 PM

Right now the drop on my car is about 1.4 all around. I'm pretty sure they can't go much higher than that. They definetly can go lower. at least 2 1/1 inches...i dunno anyone who would ever go that low....but you can. The spring rate are 9k/7k. Very comfortable and great street performance.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 03:09 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ipifiny
Right now the drop on my car is about 1.4 all around. I'm pretty sure they can't go much higher than that. They definetly can go lower. at least 2 1/1 inches...i dunno anyone who would ever go that low....but you can. The spring rate are 9k/7k. Very comfortable and great street performance.
Glad you are enjoying them and i'm glad you waited on these over the omnipowers. Thank you for the kind words I appriceate it.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

how much of a drop can you get with these?
Old Jun 17, 2005, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

can i get a follow up on this? any pictures or further thoughts would be great.
Old Jun 17, 2005, 05:39 PM
Evolved Member

i love seeing posts like "lets see the drop"

they are c/o you decide where you want your ride height.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 03:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 38 Posts
I am dead set on getting some coilovers, but I am trying to weed out the street vs race systems. Not affording the $5000 set ups, I am looking for a coilover system I can use in my '05 MR 90% of the time on track.....10% on street/cruising.

Hardly any info for high line systems. GSC was good to me offering their whiteline system but it still cost over $3000. If GSC still has them, PM me.

Great review. I second the service and quick replies of GSC! Thanks.
Old Jul 8, 2005, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

i just bought these today.. i cant wait till they come!!!

Quick Reply: K-Sport coilovers review