Notices
For Sale - Engine / Drivetrain / Power Includes exhausts, cams, clutches, flywheels and all other power related components.
Mark this thread as Unsold

Custom Turbo Kit - Ralliart | will part out

Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Custom Turbo Kit - Ralliart | will part out

Please see this thread, locked because I decided not to sell at that point, for most information.
DEAL IS CLOSED nothing for sale here anymore, move along

If anyone is curious, I have a turbo profiled camshaft in my car right now (obviously was planning on the turbo when I did my head job) but if this sells I will be sending my stock camshaft off to be NA ground. If anyone would be interested I can't give you any specs aside from what I have posted on EvoM already, but those of you who know me can attest to the fact that I do have one The regrind cost me $100 from American Custom Cam. The guy (can't remember his name) who I talked to about the profile said he does Mivec cams alot, and had a turbo profile in mind. Added duration, increased lift, and decreased overlap on the Mivec lobes only(read stock idle) Operates seamlessly with the Mivec system(others have had issues with custom grinds, such as migueralliart), it's in the car now and working fine.

abbreviated parts list:

$150: turbo-used, checked for freeplay according to the guy who sent it to me. I ported the hot side. Turbo looks to be in excellent shape. SOLD

$50: intercooler-used, ok shape, some bent fins SOLD

$125: injectors-used, off of a WRX driver from NASIOC-~40k miles SOLD

$150: silicone couplers and t-bolt clamps-new, different types, angles and sizes SOLD

$50: fuel rail-used, from an EvoVIII SOLD

$75: wastegate- tial knockoff, two springs ~4psi (small yellow) and ~8psi(small red) SOLD

$50: bov-bosch, same as RRM kit and EvoVIII SOLD

$400: manifold-custom, tubular. exciting piece, bigger and longer runners than RRM's unit.SOLD

$150: stainless braided hose, lots of AN fittings, hose ends, silicone tubing- everything you will need, and then some, for the entire kitSOLD

$180: guages- cheapy glowshift gauges, EGT, vacuum/boost, and oil pressure SOLD

I have also learned that RRM does NOT recommend upgrading your exhaust with their kit, so you don't have to worry about anything but the downpipe section (turbo to catback.)

Prices are somewhat negotiable, and do not include shipping except the mapecu unit. I will part out, and there are one or two people who have dibs on certain items. If you were one of these people you should PM me again though

Last edited by DangerousDan; Feb 10, 2008 at 06:09 PM. Reason: changing the whole deal man
Old Oct 5, 2007, 10:27 AM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
From what I remember this isn't bolt on as easy as RRMs? You were custom bending piping and what not to get it on?
Old Oct 5, 2007, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

yes, I was. What I would recommend someone else do would be to buy a universal intercooler kit off Ebay. they come with pipes and couplers, with common bends. other than that you would need fuel management of some kind.

the manifold, turbo, injectors, oil feed and return, wastegate, and intercooler would be about as simple as RRM's kit. If you think RRM's kit is bolt on you should read some of the recent install threads that were created. If I'm not mistaken the DIY'ers for RRM's kit have just now started to install it, and that's why up to this point everyone thought it would be a bolt on and drive away kit. not talking trash by any means, it's a great kit, but your first, second, and likely third etc trips the day you install will be to the parts store in someone else's car. facts of life
Old Oct 5, 2007, 02:01 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Oh yah I know it wasn't 100% bolt on, but it is much more bolt on than any other kit out there. Geardownson went through hell trying to get all the parts... well not hell, but a lot of troubles. Either way, I'd be all over this if this was 2 months down the road when I was paid for these web sites.
Old Oct 5, 2007, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

i may be interested in:
turbo
fuel rail
waste gate
BOV
mani
hoses and fittings
(not IC or other heavy stuff that i can get done locally instead of shipped)

and why, always at the wrong time Dan, i want a PS3...
Old Oct 6, 2007, 06:53 AM

hey dan i will take the kit...please pm me back i'll pay you tonite when i get off work
Old Oct 6, 2007, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

that's one offer to purchase the whole kit. let me speak with him before I send out any PMs accepting offers. I will respond to those who have messaged me thus far, but I will sell the kit complete if possible. please be patient, I will make sure any offers that have been made so far are addressed in the order they came (excluding complete purchase offers of course )
Old Oct 6, 2007, 09:39 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by migs647
Oh yah I know it wasn't 100% bolt on, but it is much more bolt on than any other kit out there. Geardownson went through hell trying to get all the parts... well not hell, but a lot of troubles. Either way, I'd be all over this if this was 2 months down the road when I was paid for these web sites.

that's what I was getting at. this kit will involve more work, there is no doubt about that, but it's not like you are buying dirt and water to make a mud hut or something
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:00 PM
Evolving Member

So do you refuse to sell the Glowshift gauges? i saw them on ebay (if it;s the same ones i think they are) with the pillar mount and 3 gauges for aout 120$.

I was going to buy them. But i guess they are really that bad? Or is it a personal thing? Do they work? If you do actually want to sell them, i may be interested...
Old Oct 7, 2007, 12:20 PM
Evolved Member

you would have to send me your a-pillar too, I have permanently modified mine with the 3 pod piller. I don't know if the EGT gauge works, but it does register a temperature when put on the exhaust pipes. I didn't want to waste time tapping my stock manifold when that's not what I installed the guage for The oil pressure guage appears to work, but I am not sure how accurate it is as I have nothing to compare it to. Same thing with the boost gauge, it has seen vacuum but no positive pressure so I couldn't tell you either way

it's more a personal preference. I don't like them for the reasons stated in my post above. Unless you really don't care I would suggest doing a little research and buying different gauges. The worst part, imo, is the backlighting sucks ***(as stated above)

If you still want them PM me an offer, but remember that the EGT gauge is one of the three I have and it's more expensive than the 3pc combo you are referring to. I bought the 3pc combo as well, but the oil temp sender was damaged (by me) and is now gone. The three left are EGT (was like 85? plus shipping ) oil pressure and boost/vacuum. Like I said, I will send you the three pod pillar that's attached to my a-pillar but need yours in return.

Last edited by DangerousDan; Oct 7, 2007 at 12:22 PM.
Old Oct 9, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

ttt
Old Oct 12, 2007, 12:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I would like take the intercooler pm for the price

What kind injecters do you have?
Old Oct 14, 2007, 03:14 PM
Evolving Member

please check your pm!
Old Oct 14, 2007, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

i will buy injectors if parted.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

gf got a job, not likely to part out anymore sorry...

pms responded to

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Custom Turbo Kit - Ralliart | will part out