Notices
For Sale - Cars For Sale Includes all models. If you have a vehicle for sale, place it in here.
Mark this thread as Unsold

FS: 2008 Evo X GSR, 2.5L, FP Black- Murlo is HOT

Search this Thread

Old Jul 12, 2012, 05:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FS: 2008 Evo X GSR, 2.5L, FP Black- Murlo is HOT

So, I'm pretty much going to copy and paste this from EvoXForums. I'm sure some formatting will be broken. I blame you.

Yes, boys and girls, the time has come in my life to move on from childish things, and focus on manly things, like bear fighting (oh, my, that's a loaded statement right there) and sword fighting (that one is much more blatant).

I am selling the X. I love it, it drives amazingly well now thanks to the E85, but I just can't logically justify owning a car like this anymore. My loss, however, is your gain: You're looking at a fully built, 2.5L, FP Black, built transmission, built differential, surge-tank equipped Evo X, for a price that you will be able to finance.

The only way it could be better is if you got a picture of Kris/Clipse3GT. Oh, what's that?

Boom, sold, eh? Look at that handsome mother ****er. Look at him. He's so handsome.

History/threads of note:

http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43946 Build Thread
http://www.evoxforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=55660 Dyno thread @ TopSpeed in Atlanta. This is 93 octane, 26psi, FP Black.

Parts list:

Motor:
ERL 2.5L Stroker Kit
Darton Sleeves
PnPed Intake Manifold
MAP Exhaust manifold
Head:
Ported and polished
+1mm intake and exhaust valves
Kelford 214bs
ARP Head Studs
BC Springs and Retainers
Drivetrain:
Spec 3+ Clutch
Shep Transmission and differential "fixes"
Stock CMC, since no one can make a good one. Here's to hoping the 3+ is friendly to the stocker.
Turbo:
FP Black, PnPed and coated by MAP
GM 3 Port BCS
Intake:
Primo 3.5" MAF intake
Buschur Racing FMIC
Synapse BPV
Buschur UICP/LICP w/ Methanol bung
Exhaust:
Invidia CB
Ultimate Racing Downpipe, Ceramic Coated. Because why the **** not.
Buschur Racing Test Pipe
Interior:
Glowshift: Water Temp
AEM: Wideband
Fuel:
MAP Walbro 255 kit->Custom surge tank in trunk->2 Walbro 255s off the surge tank
FIC 2150s
AEM Methanol Kit Not used.
Misc:
Stainless Steel Braided Brake lines. Because why the **** not.

Currently, and this is important: The car is only tuned on E85. Period. I have a Cobb AP with a 93 octane (OpenSource currently) map, but it was made by TopSpeed, and we have since switched to a different WGA and moved to a 4bar MAP sensor. If you want to drive the car long distance in picking it up, contact me first: I will happily get the car RETUNED here in Columbus by SloMotion, the current tuner of the car, but this will add both money ($) and time (2-3 weeks most likely). I can also toss the 3bar MAP sensor back in the car and toss on the AP map, that'd be up to you.

But, frankly, if you're looking at this car, you know these things.

ALL of my pictures are located here: http://www.wedontlikeu.com/images/car/evox There's a lot in there. Go Hog wild.

Dyno pic, most recent, E85 @ SloMotion:

Side profile shot of car:

Awesome picture of the VIN + proof:

Damage to trunk from me being a ****ing moron:

Rim damage. But, LOL, they're Rotas. You can repaint them, or just ignore. Whatever. They're Rotas.

Mileage shot:

My suggestions for the car: Right now, with E85, the car runs amazingly, stunningly well with the 2100CC injectors. Idles perfect, drives beautifully, it's like having sex with Hollywood while Murlo serenades you: It's THAT damn good.

However, if you're going to be utilizing 93 octane, my biggest suggestion would be to get different injectors. We always had issues getting the pulse width down low enough, and if you never plan to see E85, well, you don't need 2100CC injectors. Your call though, obviously.

I'm posting this from work currently, and can't even access my own wedontlikeu.com to see if the images work or not, so I'll be cleaning this up tonight.

Now, finally, the pricing question.

My goal is simply to "get away" from the crazy world of modified cars. As such, I know my audience: No one wants to spend a lot of money. Period. No one ever does.

So, in thinking, I'm pricing it at $26,0000. This, in my mind, is a hilariously good price, given it's a low mileage, multi-thousand dollar-modified car. It puts it within the KBB pricing scheme for a car of this miles and year, and would be simply a FANTASTIC base for anyone looking to do further modifications (Namely: Larger turbo).

As I'm selling the car, I'm obviously open to discussion on pricing, etc. Also contact me in regards to getting a 93 octane tune, those sort of things. All of that will adjust the price and time needed, obviously.

Coming with the car will also be the stock GSR rims and Nexen WinGuard Sport tires. Cause, ya know, RACECAR IN THE SNOW.

There will be a plethora of questions, and I'll do my best to answer them here.

I am located in Columbus, OH. I will do whatever I can to assist in shipping, etc. I will be more than happy to show the car to any locals, but obviously only "interested buyers" will be able to drive it. Don't be a douche kind of thing.

Finally: Murlo is sexy.
Old Jul 16, 2012, 05:36 PM
Evolved Member

bump bump
Old Jul 18, 2012, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hotdog you sadden me, however I can see why you would sell. Need more mullet mobile!

I have enjoyed our time together Good luck! Free bump.
Old Jul 19, 2012, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

god thats one sexy motherf*cker.... i mean car.

but for $ 260000 ??? thats quite a bit of cheddar, aint it ?

I'd buy it if i was in the states. good luck with the sale
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:07 PM
Evolving Member

260 000$$$ is a lot of money lollll i guess you want 26 000$$ and thats a SERIOUS LOWWW PRICE....im shocked how low the price is!!!...........im thinking about selling my built evo x..to buy that one loll!!!! that car is going to be sold in less than 5 days!!! GLWS
Old Jul 26, 2012, 07:24 PM
Evolving Member

please raise your price!!! it doesnt makes any sense at all!!!....stock turbo and stock engine guys are selling their evo x for 30 000!!!! lolll
Old Jul 30, 2012, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 52 Likes on 42 Posts
PM'd
Seriously interested
Please reply
Old Aug 9, 2012, 05:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Any idea what the car will do on 93 octane?
Old Aug 10, 2012, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

I'm diggin the side profile.....

I can't quite tell what is off in that side pic. Maybe you just didn't wash it that day. Looks dirty
Old Aug 23, 2012, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Has anyone seen the orignator of this ad? A friend has Pm'd him and nothing. Has the car been sold? Very interested in this car? Email address or contact PM me please. Ready to buy.
Old Aug 27, 2012, 11:54 AM
Evolved Member

Although I hate the idea of downgrading transmissions, I'd be half tempted to trade a 2010 SE straight up I'm sure mine has a higher resale value and yours is more fun in current dress.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

You and murlo are nuts with these price tags, you must be feeling REAL generous