Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Just Another Junk Box Build Drag Car Style!!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just Another Junk Box Build Drag Car Style!!

I cant believe it is almost Christmas already. It feels like we were at the drag strip the other day lol. Time is sure flying by! Well 2012 is in the books. I couldnt be any happier how it went this past season. Just a quick recap. In June, I went 8.98@167 mph. In August at the Shootout, my best pass was 9.0@163. I finished 2nd to the man himself. Devin @ Boostin Performance with his 2G (Red Demon). I dont like losing in anything which im sure no one likes to, but if there is anyone I would want to lose to in racing it would be Devin. He deserved it, the Red Demon is one of the best 4G63 around

I was very consistent all season. In the Spring, I added a 12 point cage with chute mount which ended up adding 120lbs to the car. The night before the car went 8s, the car weighed 2725lbs without me in it. Which is somewhat heavy compare to other drag EVOs out there. Overall it was a great season. I wanted to get out a couple more times toward the end of the season, but i couldnt. I was out of town and it would have been too hard. So I decided to wait and get things ready for 2013.

I have some changes planned for 2013. Time to make it more drag car style then before. The car was still streetable. I drove it a few times on the street this past year. Its fun no doubt, but not practical. Now its time to take it to the next level. I am adding some things to the car for 2013:

- Shep Trans DOG BOX
- 5 Gallon Fuel Cell
- Re-Fresh my 6766. Staying T3 for now at least
- Re- Ceramic Coat my whole Turbo Kit
- Engine bay cleaning, more wire tucking
- 26" HOOSIER SLICKS
- Auto Meter Tach in place of stock gauge cluster

That is really the only changes being made to the car. Everything else from this past season will stay the same. Obviously the biggest one is the Dog Box. With the power the car is making these stock trans sometimes does not like to go into 2nd gear lol. Ive talked with John already and plan to get it ordered next month. Im really looking forward to the changes and whats in store for next month:

GOALS FOR 2013:

I would like to come out and beat my old best time of 8.98. I really think with the changes I am making that should not be a problem. I accomplished my goals early in 2012, so hopefully it can happen again next season

At somepoint in the season, I would like to go 8.50s when its all said and done. I have some ideas brewing with Devin @ Boostin for mid part of the season so will see what happens. But right now, beating my 8.98 pass is a good start!

I would like to Thank everyone @ Boostin Peformance for there help and hard work this season. It has truely been a pleasure working with them and we have an awesome friendship. They are always there every track day for me helping me reach my goals. We are stoked for 2013. We all cant wait!
Thanks to my buddy Chris (4B11powered) for the help and support this season as well. He was the one who lined me up for my 8 second pass lol.
Thanks to my buddy Jason (AngryEvo8) AKA Angry-Aero for the sponsorship and frienship. Chris and Jason and I are great friends and I appreciate the help and support they have given me all these years. Last but not least EVOm. We really do have an awesome community here. You guys are awesome. At times this hobby gets really hard and expensive and everyones positive comments keeps me going. I really do appreciate it!
Also thanks to Chicago Motor Cars, Collin @ Toxic Fab, and Spark Tech Ignitions.

I will be updating this thread all the time. I dont have any parts yet, but 1st of the year they will all start rolling in. I have a few pics of the Junk Box recently that I will post up. Theres a couple videos im going to post from my best passes this past season along with the junk box in its current state. Stay tuned!!

8.98@167:

9.0@163:

Junk Box in its current State (December 2012)

This last pic is when Jason and I were doing some Angry Aeroness I will post more on this when the time comes. Thanks everyone for the time in reading this. 2013 cant come soon enough!

Last edited by Evosick2332; Dec 11, 2012 at 12:45 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 09:55 AM
Evolved Member

Your builds keep better and better Joey! I am always glad to lend a helping hand especially to someone who has the drive like you do. Few everyday ppl non shop owners have the passion to make thier Evo extremely fast every year.

I believe with all of the changes that are about to take place soon and next year the Junker will smash that 8.98 pass!!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by AngryEvo8
Your builds keep better and better Joey! I am always glad to lend a helping hand especially to someone who has the drive like you do. Few everyday ppl non shop owners have the passion to make thier Evo extremely fast every year.

I believe with all of the changes that are about to take place soon and next year the Junker will smash that 8.98 pass!!
Thanks Jason I appreciate it man! I really think with these changes I can come out in Spring smashing my old personal best. I cant wait till we get our cars out to the track next summer. Its going to be epic!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep the good working going, can't wait for 2013!
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:08 PM
Account Disabled

Great job this season man, looking forward to next years results! Have you weighed the car recently? I'm sure it's less than 2725lbs from earlier in the year. Do you have goal, weight wise, you want to get the car down to?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BubbaKush
Keep the good working going, can't wait for 2013!
Thank you sir!

Originally Posted by B.J.@ToxicFab
Great job this season man, looking forward to next years results! Have you weighed the car recently? I'm sure it's less than 2725lbs from earlier in the year. Do you have goal, weight wise, you want to get the car down to?
Thanks Bud! I have not weighed my car recently. Im sure it is lighter then 2725lbs right now but not by that much. I would guess maybe around 2700 to be exact. At this time i dont really have a target weight for the car. But with some more weight reduction going to happen, I am hoping for around 2600lbs. The cage added a lot but it is def needed lol.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Awesome, will watch progress with interest. Did the 6766 fail?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:44 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrLith
Awesome, will watch progress with interest. Did the 6766 fail?
No it didnt fail. Turbo is fine, im just sending it in to get re-freshed for the new season
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Joey, I think you ought to change that turbine wheel to the 68mm one. You will probably pick up a good 40+hp and maybe more if you have backpressure issues at all (which you probably do at that power level through a t3 turbo). Simple change that I think will allow to make even more MPH.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by way2qik
Joey, I think you ought to change that turbine wheel to the 68mm one. You will probably pick up a good 40+hp and maybe more if you have backpressure issues at all (which you probably do at that power level through a t3 turbo). Simple change that I think will allow to make even more MPH.
I was thinking about that as well, but right now I dont want to switch to T4 quite yet. With the changes im doing cash will be a little tight. I was hoping to wait towards the middle of summer to possibly change the turbo kit. The 6768 is T4 only i believe.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Can't wait Joey!

Collin
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:27 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Collin@ToxicFab
Can't wait Joey!

Collin
Same here bud! I hope to make it to Texas 2K13 but i doubt ill be ready. I would like to go and watch though.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Same here bud! I hope to make it to Texas 2K13 but i doubt ill be ready. I would like to go and watch though.
Word!

You know I'm subscribing to this, Can't wait to see some updates man! Sure wish I could be there to see you destroy your record
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jeffbeagley
Word!

You know I'm subscribing to this, Can't wait to see some updates man! Sure wish I could be there to see you destroy your record
Thanks man! I sure hope I destroy my record early in the season. Can't wait bud
Old Dec 12, 2012, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

Here's another pic of the Junk Box in its current state. I am bring the car over to Boostin tomorrow. I will have some more updates tomorrow! Stay tuned

Quick Reply: Just Another Junk Box Build Drag Car Style!!