Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Just Another Junk Box Build Drag Car Style!!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2013, 12:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^ Thanks Jason! It was a great weekend and congrats on your new PB!

Exactly what Jason said. We wouldn't put the 6466 on the car if it didn't make more power. That pretty much sums it up. The car is running flawless on it and I really think the car will go 8.8 or even quicker with this turbo. I am going back out real soon to try it out. Just need to get the 60fts down and were there!. I would like to thank Boostin Performance for there help and hard work on the car. It is a blast to drive and runs amazing. Thanks to AngyAero for the sponsorship and friendship. Jason helped me with my shutters down there and is always lending me a hand. Thanks Chicago Motor Cars and everyone else for the support!

Recap of the 2013 Shootout:

This years Shootout was the best to date in my book. I had such a great time and it was great to see everyone again and put some new names to faces over the weekend. I got into Norwalk on Thursday. We had to hit up Casa Fiesta right away. That is always a must lol.

Friday we were at the Dyno Day at Buschur pretty early. Had a great spot right near the dyno area. The Boostin crew was there from 8:30AM till around 4:00PM. It was a great turnout as usual and there were A LOT of cars that showed up. Even though it was really hot out, it was a great time!

Saturday got up had some breakfast and went to the track around 1:00PM. Saturday there is test and tune at 3:00PM - 7:00PM then 1 qualifying run Saturday night starting at 7. I made about 4 passes Saturday including my qualifying run. I qualified with a 8.9 @ 163 pass. This is on the 6466 T3. The car ran amazing the whole weekend. My 60fts were off all weekend. I did cut a 1.47 which lead to a 9.0 pass but most of them were 1.5s. I cut a 1.6 and went 9.0.

Overall it was a blast. I had a great time racing and hanging out. After it was over it was depressing lol. I can't wait till next year, always a highlight of my summer. I will post up a couple pics from this weekend along with some videos. I don't have all the videos right now but as the days go on I will add pics and videos.

8.9 pass:

More videos and pics to come shortly. I am also planning on going back to the track ASAP. I think with getting the car to hook up a little bit better, the car will go 8.8 or even quicker. Stay tuned!

Last edited by Evosick2332; Aug 20, 2013 at 12:46 PM.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 02:08 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So much awesome man
Old Aug 20, 2013, 04:58 PM
Evolved Member

First evo on a 6466 in the 8s, Right?

Even though you were eliminated at least you ran your race and gave devin a helluva run from what it sounded like. The car looked great and I love the fact that its doing work on a small frame turbo.

Good luck during your next outing!
Old Aug 20, 2013, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Evosick2332
Exactly what Jason said. We wouldn't put the 6466 on the car if it didn't make more power. That pretty much sums it up. The car is running flawless on it and I really think the car will go 8.8 or even quicker with this turbo.
I hear that your prediction has already become a reality - 8.77 @ 163mph??

Incredible stuff, congratulations ... I love it, very very cool and I don't know that I'd ever have expected to hear someone upgrade from a 67mm turbo (which is already mental to be in the 8s) to a 64mm to go quicker! Definitely tells an interesting story.

Old Aug 20, 2013, 07:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Amazing accomplishments. Cant wait to see more of this car.
Old Aug 20, 2013, 09:34 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats joey at the Shootout and congrats on the new PERSONAL BEST of 8.77!!!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by mitsuorder
So much awesome man
Thanks bud!

Originally Posted by Wheatley
First evo on a 6466 in the 8s, Right?

Even though you were eliminated at least you ran your race and gave devin a helluva run from what it sounded like. The car looked great and I love the fact that its doing work on a small frame turbo.

Good luck during your next outing!
Thanks Matt! I believe my car is the fastest and quickest 6466 EVO out there right now. These small frame turbos def do some work and my car has been running great with them. Went to the track last night again (had the itch to go back out) and set a new PB 8.77 @ 163mph with a 1.37 60ft. I made 6 passes all in the 8s that were all new PB.

I am going to make a new thread about last night in the drag racing section. It was great to talk with you again this weekend bud!

Originally Posted by MrLith
I hear that your prediction has already become a reality - 8.77 @ 163mph??

Incredible stuff, congratulations ... I love it, very very cool and I don't know that I'd ever have expected to hear someone upgrade from a 67mm turbo (which is already mental to be in the 8s) to a 64mm to go quicker! Definitely tells an interesting story.

Yes sir I did it last night! Had to go back to the track, had that itch since I knew there was a lot more in this car. Car is running amazing and I have to take off my hat to the Boostin Performance crew. Last night was great and can't wait to see what else is in store for the Junk Box for the rest of the racing season!

Originally Posted by Lexus01IS
Amazing accomplishments. Cant wait to see more of this car.
Thank you!

Originally Posted by LGshow19
Congrats joey at the Shootout and congrats on the new PERSONAL BEST of 8.77!!!
Thanks Bud!
Old Aug 21, 2013, 08:43 AM
Evolved Member

The results you guys are getting out of the 6466's are downright retarded. That turbo does some serious work.

Congrats to you on the new PB, and the Boostin team for making a rocket ship.
Old Aug 21, 2013, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

Just read, watched, and posted in the other thread but CONGRATS are do here as well Joey i'm very happy for you and your results are motivating me to keep the Evo and get out racing again
Old Aug 21, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

^ Thanks guys for the kind words! Pat you need to get you EVO out and get back to the track. You can't sell that beauty

Here's the link to the new thread I made in the drag racing section, Check it out!

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/dr...l#post10929807
Old Aug 22, 2013, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Incredible times on that little turbo man!

I can't help but wonder what the car would be capable of with a stock bore motor and a larger T4 frame turbo - Especially, now that you have the dog box, RPM and peak HP are no longer an issue for banging gears. Maybe next year?
Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by asubennett
Incredible times on that little turbo man!

I can't help but wonder what the car would be capable of with a stock bore motor and a larger T4 frame turbo - Especially, now that you have the dog box, RPM and peak HP are no longer an issue for banging gears. Maybe next year?
Thanks man!

I actually have some plans for a turbo change and go bigger and finish out the rest of the season with a new setup. I am pretty anxious to get a new setup on the car with a bigger frame turbo and see what she can do! We will see how things go
Old Aug 22, 2013, 08:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
6466 is turbo of the year real talk!
Old Aug 23, 2013, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

^ It sure is, a lot of people have the 6466 and hear nothing but good things about the turbo.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 06:54 PM

Now that's a monster

Quick Reply: Just Another Junk Box Build Drag Car Style!!