Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Boltz.' Evo Build 2012. The Final Chapter.

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boltz.' Evo Build 2012. The Final Chapter.

Hi. I started a build thread last year, but kept biting into deeper and deeper projects. I ended up basically working so much on the car and staying busy with life that I stopped updating it.

I want another go at it.

__________________________________________________ ___________

I’ve owned this car since it was new in 2005.

It has been my passion project ever since and it is finally near completion. I have bled gallons, sweat a swimming pool, spent endless hours researching and learning and have suffered many opportunity costs from this project – dare I say it, yes, it has at times brought me to a place of anger and also a place of sadness and regret. Like anything in life though, if you’re going through hell, keep going.

I’d like to thank some people who have helped me and have inspired me through the way. All of these relationships started with business and turned into great friends. Without outside input, this car wouldn’t be what it is today. Many have helped through the years, but there are too many to mention.

Chad @ CBRD Speed Factory. In the past few years, Chad and I have worked together to help achieve my goals with the car performance wise. I have the utmost respect for the way he does business and also his tuning philosophy.

Dave @ Rush Group Detailing. My brother, business partner and best bud. Without Dave, I might not even be into cars today. As a kid, he inspired me like pulling back a slingshot and ever since then, I’ve been flying!

Kurt & Frank @ Komet Motorsport. Since we both opened our businesses within a block from each other six years ago, we have been there to help one another. Since most of my friends are not passionate about cars, jobs like motor swaps and transmission/clutch swaps are things I needed assistance with. That’s where these guys come in. Since we have a working business relationship, I’ve been able to rent lifts and get their help when needed and also have hired them for work outright when I’ve been unable to find the time to be involved myself. I’ve also spent countless hours renting their dyno to tune my vehicle through its progression.

Dennis @ Motorsport Collision. Another local complimentary business to mine, Motorsport Collision specializes in top notch work with many accolades to their name - they are the only body shop I use. Handling Lambo’s, Ferrari’s, GTR’s – including the AMS built World Challenge GTR, and more Lotus’ than any other body shop in the country, safe to say they know what they are doing. They are the only shop that has ever painted anything on my car.

Goal - The Ultimate Street Car.

Philosophy
It should be very fast in every facet; stop, go, grip, agility. That means a very fast and fun car to take to autocross, road race and drag race. It should have perfect driveability and be a reliable car to take on a road trip. It should be more comfortable to drive than stock. It should be just as safe as stock. It should look stunning with great style design and detail. It should do this all and still be unique.

It won't have a mini battery. It won't have solid motor mounts, a mustache bar, a solid diff mount, a noisy clutch, removed crash beams or removed sound deadening. It will be completely legal to drive. It will pass emissions. No roll cage or harness bar. It will retain all of its trunk space. It won't have poorly fitting body panels. I won't be cutting off tons of loose brackets for weight savings.

It should be neck and neck with a Veyron to ~150 but still allow me to take four friends out golfing with

This car truly embodies its name. Evolution. This car has had over fifteen sets of wheels, ten different turbos, eight different brake setups, six sets of seats, six sets of taillights, four sets of headlights, five clutch rebuilds, six different bumper setups, four sideskirt setups, four sets of injectors, three fuel pumps, three ACD pumps and a million different paint/vinyl schemes to keep the look fresh.

Everything is pretty much exactly how I want it. The car is just a tune away (and any bugs associated) from being DONE. If you know me you will laugh, but this time I’m serious. From now on, the car will be garaged during the winter, driven very hard in the summer – auto-x, drag and road raced, and maintained. That’s it. Sure if it is missing, I’ll buy a COP, if it runs too hot, a CBRD radiator – other than necessities, she done.

Mod List

There is much I know I am forgetting, but here is the simple version.
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]
  • [*]

Here are some old pics from last year to bring us up to speed.

HERE IS FROM TODAY

Prototype CBRD BBK-C I tested. Made 470whp on a Mustang Dyno. Was able to hit 20psi at 2700 in fourth gear on the street. Zero lag on the road course.

She hasn't been driven since it's last track day on July 20th so she is a little dirty.

Subscribe for tuning results, turbo kit impressions, dyno charts and videos, trap speeds, final photoshoot once completely detailed and a friendly run between my friend Jedi_Gill and I, where his 700whp FP Black is going to get stomped.

Last edited by Boltz.; Sep 26, 2012 at 10:18 AM.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 12:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Justin-

Thanks again for your support---- from one of our biggest supporters and a very very early BBK user we thank you for everything-

Always glad to be a part of your builds- you are definetly family to us!!

Cant wait to see the results-

Cheers

CB
Old Sep 7, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I am fortunate to say that I have a great relationship with Justin and consider him one of my very best friends. For those that have seen my car, some of it would not have been possible if it wasn't for Justin guiding me and personally working on my own car over the years.

I have seen Justin through the hardest of times, at once trying to convince him to keep the car instead of giving up and selling.. but mostly because he is a perfectionist individual and his goals and level of quality is not something that comes easy. I am excited to see where the car is today and look forward to when it's finished to your satisfaction.

P.S. That bet for drag race dinner on the loser is still on.. I've been secretly waiting for you to finish your car so I can collect.. ha ha..
Old Sep 7, 2012, 02:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looks fantastic man!! I love those sbc rpf1s. Just wish they came in a good offset to run on stock body without hellaflush tires lol.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 02:47 PM
Evolved Member

looks good man, hadnt seen ur car on here in a long time
Old Sep 7, 2012, 03:22 PM
Evolved Member

I was hoping that it would be possible to run the RPF1 in 10.5 up front without a spacer. I guess I got my answer. Your evo looks great! Did you roll the front fenders too?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 03:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Subscribed so I can read this later. Pics look good though
Old Sep 7, 2012, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Amazing build! Congrats
Old Sep 7, 2012, 06:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
One of my favorite cars on this forum.
well done Boltz!
Old Sep 7, 2012, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Looking good and love that mani. Excellent use of heat reflective tape.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
Damn that is a lot of changes done to this car. I thought I went through a lot of parts testing but you went the extra mile. Like you I have learned what works and what doesn't work. It takes Money, time and a lot of patience to go through all that. Especially if you are doing the work yourself. I guess it pays off in the end if you hit your goals. I don't have all your requirements as you but I'm almost happy with my car. Probably by this time next year I will be.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 05:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Quite impressive sir! In for more progress.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:26 AM
Evolved Member

Looks good, is the built motor from my old car??
Old Sep 8, 2012, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Beautiful car Boltz. Keep up the good work. I love the wheel/tire setup.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 02:15 PM
Evolving Member

Car looks awesome, good luck with the build!

Quick Reply: Boltz.' Evo Build 2012. The Final Chapter.