Notices
Pacific Northwest General areas surrounding Bellingham, Seattle, Tacoma, Bellevue, Spokane, Yakima, Portland, Eugene, Bend, Medford

Recommendation for a good shop in Seattle for minor work?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:14 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Recommendation for a good shop in Seattle for minor work?

I am looking to upgrade my clutch in a month or two (still deciding on which company to go with) and was wondering if there was a shop that you can recommend to do the work. Should I just take it to a chain transmission place? Don't want to pay 1000 bucks for an install like some of the forum threads I've read.

Basic install with stock flywheel.

Thanks!

ChipperEvo
Old Aug 29, 2012, 10:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Don't take it to a chain transmission place. Those are hit and miss and might not have dealt with too many Evos before. If you are closer to south WA then take it to English Racing. If you are closer to Seattle, West Werks in Redmond has done a bunch of clutches on the Evo so they are familiar with the process by now. ER is cheaper from what I remember though.

Edit. Just re-read the title

West Werks is closer in this case.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ER is cheaper. Bring your own clutch and its $600 and 2 hours of wait time.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:46 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks for the input guys. I just got a tune from ER and didn't want to make the trip again. Oh well maybe I will change my mind about the return trip to ER in a month or two when I actually get the clutch.
Old Aug 29, 2012, 11:56 PM
Evolved Member

I would rather have it done right the first time, than having to do it again. Just sayin'.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:07 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
automotive unlimited in Everett, WA. ask for Ben.he is pretty good guy.he owned a GG Evo 9.tell Francis with Evo 9 send you.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 12:38 AM

Take it to someone that knows about evos in and out because i work at a mitsu performance workshop in nsw and some of the cars that come in to our workshop have been butchered because of people not knowing about evos. Get the job done right first time just like AznEvoIX said so that way you will save your money and save your car.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:15 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by codgi
If you are closer to south WA then take it to English Racing. If you are closer to Seattle, West Werks in Redmond has done a bunch of clutches on the Evo so they are familiar with the process by now. ER is cheaper from what I remember though.
West Werks did my Exedy Twin HD. No complaints at all. 1 day turn around. I would feel very comfortable going back there again. That being said, ER is cheaper and has done way more installs. Either way will work out.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:26 AM

I would highly recommend Ishii Motor Industries in Bellevue. They do tons of work on high performance imports (there were 3+ evo's in their shop when I was there). Staff is awesome as well. Check em out.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 02:01 PM

r & h garage
(between N Green Lake Dr & 72nd St )did mine ( ACT HDSS Clutch + ACT Flywheel ) they also did my 60k service,full race manifold,apexi coilover too. pretty nice shop and nice pplz there too.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

Sweet thanks for all the input guys. I hear you on going to ER for the install but it's not a short trip for me. and if something does go wrong with the install that becomes problematic later, I don't want to drive the 400 mile round trip again to address it.

I will check out all the local places mentioned. thanks again all!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
If there is a problem with our work we arrange to take care of it. Even if it means flying to you or bringing the truck and trailer. We dont let it stop us.

Aaron
Old Sep 1, 2012, 01:59 PM
Evolving Member

Hi Aaron, I know you guys do great work but just paranoid on my part that's all. don't know why but I just do. lol

Now that I think about it, maybe I should just wait until I need to do my 30K service and just have you guys do it all at once.
Old Sep 5, 2012, 11:24 PM

For what it's worth, I'll have an empty trailer going down to English Racing to pick up my Evo X in the coming days if you wanted a drop off and ride back.

-B
Old Sep 6, 2012, 06:45 AM
Acc

Originally Posted by Riegerb
I would highly recommend Ishii Motor Industries in Bellevue. They do tons of work on high performance imports (there were 3+ evo's in their shop when I was there). Staff is awesome as well. Check em out.
Yes! I second Ishii Motor Industries. They are straight up with exactly what they are doing to your vehicle and will show you as well. They do quality work and honest.

Ishii Motor Industries
638 116th Avenue Northeast
Suite B
Bellevue‎ WA‎ 98004

425-450-0498

Quick Reply: Recommendation for a good shop in Seattle for minor work?