Notices

2014 tsb - tpms

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2013, 09:17 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation 2014 tsb - tpms

Well, it's been a good couple of weeks with the new car so far, I guess being a little shy of one month owning it isn't too short of a time to start expecting the TSBs to start rolling in (I'm joking)

The came in the mail this week....

Date: Nov 2013

Affected Models: 2014 Outlander Sport

Recommended product improvement: certain 2014 outlander sport vehicles may have been built with a TPMS transmitter internal battery that may drain prematurely. This may result in a TPMS transmitter being unable to send a signal to the TPMS controller, as a result, the TPMS indicator in your inst panel will illuminate.

What your dealer will do:

Will replace all 4 TPMS sensors in your vehicle / free of charge / approx. 2 hours to complete, yada yada yada.

There it is folks, from my mailbox to your screen.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 09:18 PM

Wondering if I should get it done sooner than later or just let this be one of the springtime to-do items on my punchcard list.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 05:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
^
If you're not getting any (false) tire warnings currently, I'd say wait til spring. Why burn through your fresh TPMS battery now? when you can postpone it a few months down the road.. especially in the weather conditions we're seeing.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 05:44 PM

Originally Posted by mRVRsport
^
If you're not getting any (false) tire warnings currently, I'd say wait til spring. Why burn through your fresh TPMS battery now? when you can postpone it a few months down the road.. especially in the weather conditions we're seeing.

That's a good Idea

Since I an not getting any false readings I wonder if it would be a good idea to keep the free replacement in my back pocket until I do get a false reading (could be days months or years).

Last edited by N635DC; Dec 7, 2013 at 05:48 PM.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 07:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by N635DC
That's a good Idea

Since I an not getting any false readings I wonder if it would be a good idea to keep the free replacement in my back pocket until I do get a false reading (could be days months or years).
Well, I wouldn't recommend waiting a year on this.. these units are a safety devices to let you know proper tire pressures, so get them done when the weather allows. (and perhaps see if you can get a complimentary wheel balance afterwards.)
Old Dec 9, 2013, 11:58 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Personally, because the TPMS system will notify you as soon as the battery dies, I'd wait as long as possible until they die on their own (pending the length the TSB is valid for).

If all of your batteries are unaffected, you could get a free set down the road.
Old Dec 10, 2013, 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
Personally, because the TPMS system will notify you as soon as the battery dies, I'd wait as long as possible until they die on their own (pending the length the TSB is valid for).

If all of your batteries are unaffected, you could get a free set down the road.

Burton,

This was my thought as well. It would get me the longest life on a battery in these systems post warranty. How long are TSB's good for? I didn't know they could expire. How would I know or go about finding out when it's good till. If I call the dealership and ask them they will probably just tell me bring it in right away.
Old Feb 26, 2014, 01:59 PM

My cluster lit up like a Christmas tree about 15 minutes after I drove my 14 OS off the lot the day I bought it. I was like WTF is that?! It was a TPMS malfunction error. I checked the tire pressure...it wasn't a cold day...so I knew something was wrong. I contacted the dealer and they told me there was going to be a recall on it and the parts were on order. Finally about a month later I had all 4 TPMS sensors replaced...took about 2 hours. It has been fine ever since.
Old Feb 27, 2014, 11:48 AM

question are tpms standard on all models i failed to ask at the dealer. but they did mention it.
my older car had one and i could check what the presure on all four tires in the outi i cant find where the psi otion is, or if they just give a warning if a tire is too low.