Notices

routine maintenance..

Search this Thread

Old Jan 23, 2013, 03:32 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
routine maintenance..

it just popped up yesterday, do i need to go to a mitsu dealer to get this done?
Old Jan 23, 2013, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by SubtleStyle
it just popped up yesterday, do i need to go to a mitsu dealer to get this done?
If you're referring to the (first) 7,500 mile reminder... I was informed by my salesman, that this notice/reminder feature can be turned off by their technician, if you don't want this to come back on again (each time at the 7.5K mark).

Since, it is hardcoded at the factory and you/they can NOT just adjust/change the mileage in-between service routines.

Personally, it wouldn't hurt to have the dealership change the oil and check CVT fluids and inspect any other areas of maintenance, at least for the very First checkup interval.

They'll have it on record that you had it done*, so IF anything/problem(s) come up later... You can say, "why were I notified during my first checkup.", etc. etc. Covers yourself.

* Of course, I'm assuming your vehicle is brand new and under full service & warranties.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:32 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I brought my car to Puente hills mitsu for some other stuff but asked them about this same thing. the service tech was able to just reset it by holding something down on my dash. not quite sure what he did.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

^
hmm..
Good to know, for future reference.
Thanks for sharing.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 10:08 PM

yea the car has only about 8347 miles. i will give the dealer a call, thanks guys
Old Jan 24, 2013, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

^
You bet, anytime..

Let us know what they check during the first maintenance schedule (I'm curious to know). Especially if they say anything about the CVTs. I want to be on top of these new transmission designs, since there's people who say these units are "delicate"**...

And, if you happen to see how they reset that warning/reminder... just to confirm it can be done by owner (or by techs only.)

**You may want to take a peek at your CVT dipstick and see what color the fluid is BEFORE you go in, just to have a reference of what the condition of it is after only 8,300 miles.

(I know that my CVT fluids was almost crystal clear when I first checked it at 78 miles. I should have taken some photos at everything a that time... I'll have to take some this weekend, so we have a good baseline of what changes over time.)

Last edited by mRVRsport; Jan 24, 2013 at 07:51 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 08:00 AM

I doubt the apprentice doing the first oil change/check up actually checks anything. I've worked at dealers and seen how techs operate esp the low level ones that do oil changes, they are new cars and techs don't bother checking anything because its usually fine and takes more time and they get paid based on how much work they complete, so it's in their best interest to get things done as fast as possible and cut corners, there are horror stories believe me. Be gladful they actually changed your oil and hopefully your filter too, i wouldn't count on much more than that. Service Advisors don't really care, they are not there are watch wat the tech does, they are only there to upsell you.

Get your oil changes done, but don't put much confidence in them doing much else unless you watch over them like a hawk (which is most dealers you aren't allowed to do).

Do you maintanance and if something happens you have proof you serviced the vehicle according to their recommendations and you shouldn't have a problem with warranty, althou Mitsu is one of the pickiest companies when it comes to warranty work, I bet they'll still find a way out.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 12:42 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
It's possible to reset it by the owner. I had the reminder pop up and my dealer offered to tell me how to do it over the phone but I was driving at the time. He said I could look it up in the manual or call back later to reset it if I pleased.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tdott
I doubt the apprentice doing the first oil change/check up actually checks anything. I've worked at dealers and seen how techs operate esp the low level ones that do oil changes, they are new cars and techs don't bother checking anything because its usually fine and takes more time and they get paid based on how much work they complete, so it's in their best interest to get things done as fast as possible and cut corners, there are horror stories believe me. Be gladful they actually changed your oil and hopefully your filter too, i wouldn't count on much more than that. Service Advisors don't really care, they are not there are watch wat the tech does, they are only there to upsell you.

Get your oil changes done, but don't put much confidence in them doing much else unless you watch over them like a hawk (which is most dealers you aren't allowed to do).

Do you maintanance and if something happens you have proof you serviced the vehicle according to their recommendations and you shouldn't have a problem with warranty, althou Mitsu is one of the pickiest companies when it comes to warranty work, I bet they'll still find a way out.
True & True.
I've seen similar instances..

But, it really depends on the dealership (more specifically who they hire as the Service Manager) and how they run their facility.

It's good to voice your concerns & opinions.

I'd still trust my dealership's tech more than an indy shop, especially since our vehicles are still under warranty.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:55 AM

I believe the reset is a combination of cycling the info button to the maintenance logo then holding it down for a period of time.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 12:02 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
The service reminder can be reset by the owner. It is a sequence of the info button. I cant remember it right off hand but if you are taking it in to get the 7500 mile service done, Just ask the service advisor and they can have it shut off for you.

As for things they check, that all varies on the service tech working on the car. At our shop we have the Mitsu Computerized Vehicle Inspection Report. Most dealerships are encouraged to use this as it gives the customer an idea as to what is all checked out.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by civicduty13
The service reminder can be reset by the owner. It is a sequence of the info button. I cant remember it right off hand but if you are taking it in to get the 7500 mile service done, Just ask the service advisor and they can have it shut off for you.

As for things they check, that all varies on the service tech working on the car. At our shop we have the Mitsu Computerized Vehicle Inspection Report. Most dealerships are encouraged to use this as it gives the customer an idea as to what is all checked out.
Thanks, that's really good information to know. I'll definitely keep this in mind for future reference.
- I don't suppose you have a image/screenshot of what this kind of report looks like?
Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:31 PM

i tried the info button thing but i couldn't seem to figure it out.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 08:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
button trick is as follows:

key off and doors shut
scroll to the maint reminder page

press and hold button til you hear a beep
release and repeat
release and repeat
release and repeat

after the 4th beep, release button and just keep pressing button til the screen starts to scroll through and go til it says off.

press and hold button and that will set the maint reminder to off.

I will try and get a screen shot of the CVIR for you all.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by civicduty13
button trick is as follows:

key off and doors shut
scroll to the maint reminder page

press and hold button til you hear a beep
release and repeat
release and repeat
release and repeat

after the 4th beep, release button and just keep pressing button til the screen starts to scroll through and go til it says off.

press and hold button and that will set the maint reminder to off.

I will try and get a screen shot of the CVIR for you all.
Thanks for the steps.

Now that is tricky.
Ok, so out of curiosity > if I repeat the same steps above will it re-activate the reminder in the future? In case I want it back for some reason...

Also, I don't suppose there's an all inclusive cluster test (that I can invoke), which will cycle thru all the lights/icons and dials/gauges to make sure everything is fully operational. Is there??

Quick Reply: routine maintenance..