Notices

Outlander Sport Mods

Search this Thread

Old Mar 14, 2013, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
no i did not do a DiY cause it was really easy actually 20 minute install.
i removed the plastic should it has 5-7 plastic push clips holding it in. from there you just un screw the 2 clips off the radiator/snorkle mount n the stock snorkle is free.
i i put my grinder on my vice table u used it to shave off about 1.5" of the New snorkle. this was the longest part cause i did not want to shave too much off so i kept going back n forth cutting it n fitting it till it was perfect.
then i drilled out the stock rivits in the old snorkle to free up the radiator mounting bracket so i could reuse it on the RA snorkle.
once the New one was in place i put the radiator bracket back on n marked the drill hole on the RA snorkle, then took it if and drill the 2 holes to the size of the aluminum rivites i was using.
mounted the bracket n installed.
then i drilled out the plastic shroud in front of the inlet where the snorkle feeds with a 2 1/2" drill bit 2 holes side by side, then cut the space out between with a razor knife for fresh air to come straight in.
the RA snorkle cost 89.00 i beleave.
i think it looks so much better, not sure the hp upgrade if even one but it is a ton larger and fully functional now.
hope this helps.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Mar 14, 2013, 08:58 AM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Most of the clips for our car are center pops. You take a small screwdriver and pop the inner circle up/out and then the whole clip should come out pretty easily. If you're referring to a different type, my apologies.
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Snorkle Pics

Here are a few pics of the Ralli Art snorkel I installed a while back, you can clearly see the difference in size from the stock one.
It was a simple install and well worth it in my opinion, even if it is just esthetics, not sure of any gains in torque or horse power. I did drill out the plastic cove so it is actually functional now, I can under stand why the would create a snorkel and inlet on the radiator brace then block the whole thing off with a giant piece of plastic, oh well it is fixed now.
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-2013-03-10-15.38.33.jpg   Outlander Sport Mods-2013-03-10-16.26.01.jpg   Outlander Sport Mods-2013-03-10-16.32.54.jpg  
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:33 PM
Evolved Member

I bought some 3m vinyl wrap that matched the color of the rims I installed to wrap a few accent pieces in the car, I thought this would go quick. I had stripped plenty of interiors for wraps and paint before, but damn I guess Mitsubishi just does not want anyone taking there **** apart anymore lol. It was a ***** to try and not brake any clips of fasteners off, or even brake what I wanted to wrap. It really was much harder than it should have been.
Here is a look at the shifter console and the 4x4 knob I wrapped in 3m graphite grey.

and I apologize I have no idea why it keeps rotating my pictures when it posts them.
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-2013-03-16-17.07.55.jpg  
Old Mar 19, 2013, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

I finally got my Wheels mounted and balanced, they are Avid 1 replica TE37's as you can see, they are 18x9 with a plus 35mm off set all the way around. I had the stock tires stretched over them and they look great. They have about 1/2" of room in the rear from the frame, that's plenty of clearance, and I have no rubbing issues up front at all. I did have to run after market lugs, stock ones did not fit, which saved about 5 lbs. I used the tiny aluminum racing ones. The rims were larger yet lighter saving around 5.4 lbs. a rim. For read for every 1 lbs. of rotating mass you are said to save 10lbs of static weight. The combo, shed almost 25 lbs. of static weight between lugs and wheels so the equivalent of about 250lbs. That should help the MPG I am hoping.
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-2013-03-19-18.57.01.jpg  
Old Mar 20, 2013, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm glad people are enjoying the cheap strut bars and the snorkel mod. I was surprise after researching all over for stuff to do to the SUV that no one did the snorkel before I did. Glad I was able to contribute. Hopefully more mods come out for the SUV. It's a nice, cheap, high mpg and somewhat sporty vehicle.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 05:05 AM
Evolving Member

As we 2013's Outlander Sport/RVR guys know we don’t yet have a potion for a panel filter that we can just drop in to replace the stock filter. Yesterday I was doing a part cross check and I checked the K&N website. I searched under RVR/Outlander sport 2013 and got nothing. I looked under 2013 ASX and under the 1.6L and 1.8L engines I got a picture of a surprisingly similar looking filter that resembles the 2.0L Outlander Sport/RVR 2013 filter. I took the measurements and I called a local shop and hand one ordered. The Part number and link to the filter is below. I'll be looking to see if it fits and if it does then I'll post my findings.

K&N Part number: 33-2050-1
http://www.knfilters.ca/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2050-1

Cross Reference Mitsubishi Part Number
http://www.knfilters.ca/search/kn_cross_ref.aspx?part=33-2050-1

Nothing lost nothing gained if this doesn't work out. But if it does then we have a panel filter for us. I should have more news by Thursday hopefully but with the long weekend approaching it might not come in till Tuesday next week.
Old Mar 27, 2013, 07:22 AM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by CanuckLancer
As we 2013's Outlander Sport/RVR guys know we don’t yet have a potion for a panel filter that we can just drop in to replace the stock filter. Yesterday I was doing a part cross check and I checked the K&N website. I searched under RVR/Outlander sport 2013 and got nothing. I looked under 2013 ASX and under the 1.6L and 1.8L engines I got a picture of a surprisingly similar looking filter that resembles the 2.0L Outlander Sport/RVR 2013 filter. I took the measurements and I called a local shop and hand one ordered. The Part number and link to the filter is below. I'll be looking to see if it fits and if it does then I'll post my findings.

K&N Part number: 33-2050-1
http://www.knfilters.ca/search/product.aspx?Prod=33-2050-1

Cross Reference Mitsubishi Part Number
http://www.knfilters.ca/search/kn_cross_ref.aspx?part=33-2050-1

Nothing lost nothing gained if this doesn't work out. But if it does then we have a panel filter for us. I should have more news by Thursday hopefully but with the long weekend approaching it might not come in till Tuesday next week.

Old Mar 28, 2013, 03:39 PM

I just ordered the Injen CIA for my 2013 and a few packs of dynamatsuperlite and some dynaliner so I can start sound proofing the cabin. I will bedoing the doors and the hood first and then installing the filter but can'twait because I am having a blast with my 5 speed model. A little disappointedabout the constant vibration in the gas pedal but hopefully some of this dampeningwill help reduce that a bit. I'll be sure to post pics of the project and can'twait to get to some of the mods you guys have installed. Thanks for all thegreat info!

Old Mar 29, 2013, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

awesome let us know how much quitter the dynamat really makes it and it the extra weight is worth it?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 03:28 PM

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/at...1&d=1364595967
So picture is upside down and to lazy to fix it but here is a custom sidemarker swap. It's a lancer smoked sidemarker. Had to take a Dremel and modify it to fit perfect like oem. I think it looks better with the darker color of the SUV. The bright white appearing(I know oem is clear) stuck out horribly. So now it's all red tails and smokes sides. Cleaning up the looks slowly
Attached Thumbnails Outlander Sport Mods-image.jpg  

Last edited by Asxes; Mar 29, 2013 at 03:33 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:00 PM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by Asxes
So picture is upside down and to lazy to fix it but here is a custom sidemarker swap. It's a lancer smoked sidemarker. Had to take a Dremel and modify it to fit perfect like oem. I think it looks better with the darker color of the SUV. The bright white appearing(I know oem is clear) stuck out horribly. So now it's all red tails and smokes sides. Cleaning up the looks slowly
Do you have like "ghost" flames down the side of your car? Or is that just a weird reflection Anyways, that's totally retarded that Mitsu used a different side marker than the Lancer. What a waste of money and resources.
Old Mar 31, 2013, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

no luck on the Toyota cross referenced K&N filter... Looks like the 2013 ASX diesel air box is different size then our 2013 2.0L Gas air box. Oh well it was worth a shot. I am still leaning toward getting the 2.0L K&N Air Intake for the Lancers. the greddy one fit so here is hoping their intake system will fit.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 05:59 AM
Evolved Member

the smoked ones looks great i was going to wrap mine in some smoke tint i still have laying around, but with the wired bumps on the out side if the clear cover and the curves i desided against it... think i might go this route though, it would look alot better against the dark blue color i have. you right the white is an eye sore on our dark exteriors.
Old Apr 1, 2013, 07:06 AM

Originally Posted by Asxes
dumb question, how do they come out? twist? or is there something behind the quarter you have to get at?

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport Mods