Outlander Sport Mods

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The asx manual recommends 45 nm
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:51 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Your manual has torque specs for something that obscure? That's awesome...

After I posted I realized that my TQ wrench was still at my parents house, so they just got snugged up real good lol
Old Mar 10, 2013, 09:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Asxes
The update is the regular lancer strut bars fit. Slight modification for the RA and EVO.
Someone update me about my pics. Can you guys see them? I think they are only visible if you're actually logged in and not just looking as a guest.
Originally Posted by macdarwin
thanks for the Strut Bar info and link.... I got mine installed today and loving it thru the corners.

I just did a part number cross reference and if the Lancer bars fit then the Whiteline Adjustable Strut Tower Bar for the Lancer and Ralliart should in theory fit as it is the same part number listed on their website. I've bought quite a few suspension parts off them and I haven't been disappointed. Like I said before its an attractive item because it comes with available quick release for easy maintenance. If I end up selling any of the the OEM/After market parts I have off my 2010 Ralliart I Just traded in on the RVR for then I'll be looking at this product. Its a sharp looking strut tower bar.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:45 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
Your manual has torque specs for something that obscure? That's awesome...

After I posted I realized that my TQ wrench was still at my parents house, so they just got snugged up real good lol
Yes the manual has specs for something that obscure. I'm not referring to the user manual, but the technical manual that's used to repair the asx, which is te same thing as an outlander sport. Under strut bar assembly you can see that the upper bolts have to be torqued to 45 nm while the center bolt of the strut needs 60nm
Old Mar 11, 2013, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I finally had time to mounted the RA snorkel last night, I will post some pics up later. The install went pretty easy, I did have to cut about 1.5" off of the front like I saw posted. I also drilled (2) 2" size holes in the plastic shroud that blocks the air from the outside from reaching the inlet in the snorkel. Then I cut with a razor blade between the two holes opening it up to match the stock cut in the frame for the air inlet. Now it is fully functional getting air straight from outside grill into the Greddy air box. Oh and I just riveted the old bracket from the stock snorkel on to the RA one to hold in place on the radiator shroud. The set up looks like it should have come from the factory that way, and frankly it should have, there is no reason for it not to. The factory Snorkel is crap. Just my 2 cents.

Posted from Evolutionm.net App for Android
Old Mar 11, 2013, 03:51 PM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by vaccarg
Yes the manual has specs for something that obscure. I'm not referring to the user manual, but the technical manual that's used to repair the asx, which is te same thing as an outlander sport. Under strut bar assembly you can see that the upper bolts have to be torqued to 45 nm while the center bolt of the strut needs 60nm
Ah, yeah, I have that manual as well, I just didn't have access to it at the time. Thanks again for the reply though.

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY
I finally had time to mounted the RA snorkel last night, I will post some pics up later. The install went pretty easy, I did have to cut about 1.5" off of the front like I saw posted. I also drilled (2) 2" size holes in the plastic shroud that blocks the air from the outside from reaching the inlet in the snorkel. Then I cut with a razor blade between the two holes opening it up to match the stock cut in the frame for the air inlet. Now it is fully functional getting air straight from outside grill into the Greddy air box. Oh and I just riveted the old bracket from the stock snorkel on to the RA one to hold in place on the radiator shroud. The set up looks like it should have come from the factory that way, and frankly it should have, there is no reason for it not to. The factory Snorkel is crap. Just my 2 cents.

how much did the RA snorkel run you?
Old Mar 11, 2013, 06:09 PM

Sup fellas, I'm new here. I just bought myself a 2013 Outlander sport and I'm new to car mods as well. I want to know where can I get the K & N filter? can someone show me a picture of how it looks like? I'd like to silence my engine noise a bit. Thanks.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 10:36 PM
EvoM Moderator

Originally Posted by Outlandersprt13
Sup fellas, I'm new here. I just bought myself a 2013 Outlander sport and I'm new to car mods as well. I want to know where can I get the K & N filter? can someone show me a picture of how it looks like? I'd like to silence my engine noise a bit. Thanks.
There's a thread around here somewhere about the 2013's and the K&N... Unfortunately Mitsu. changed the airbox design for '13 and the evo X filters no longer work. I don't believe K&N makes anything compatible with the new air box as of yet, sorry.

Welcome to the forum, though. Congrats on the new car! I highly recommend the $35 ebay strut tower bar we've all been talking about, it's a great inexpensive way to start off the modding.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 06:57 AM

Originally Posted by Burtonrider1002
There's a thread around here somewhere about the 2013's and the K&N... Unfortunately Mitsu. changed the airbox design for '13 and the evo X filters no longer work. I don't believe K&N makes anything compatible with the new air box as of yet, sorry.

Welcome to the forum, though. Congrats on the new car! I highly recommend the $35 ebay strut tower bar we've all been talking about, it's a great inexpensive way to start off the modding.
Agreed on the strut tower bar, you'll enjoy it... it's something Mitsu should've put on the car from the onset.

FWIW a K&N will not make your engine quieter...
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:40 AM
EvoM Moderator

I totally missed the quieter part. The K&N will absolutely NOT do that, as speddmn stated.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by TEXAS TRAVISTY

Do you think or feel the snorkel makes an actual difference? I'm thinking of doing this mod myself
Old Mar 12, 2013, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by vaccarg
Do you think or feel the snorkel makes an actual difference? I'm thinking of doing this mod myself
Vacc - after having done some other mods including a perrin filter I can tell you that modifying the snorkel was a lot more beneficial to mpg and added a bit of noise. The earlier poster used the RA snorkel but I just knocked off the silencer portion of mine and cut the hole in the grille guard which yielded great results for me over the last 3 days.
Old Mar 12, 2013, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by speddmn
Vacc - after having done some other mods including a perrin filter I can tell you that modifying the snorkel was a lot more beneficial to mpg and added a bit of noise. The earlier poster used the RA snorkel but I just knocked off the silencer portion of mine and cut the hole in the grille guard which yielded great results for me over the last 3 days.
pictures? anyone want to make a DIY for installing the RA snorkel?
Old Mar 13, 2013, 03:19 AM

^^ agree. i wanna try it this weekend and don't wanna screw anything up
Old Mar 14, 2013, 06:44 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by speddmn
Would you mind sharing how you got the radiator cover off to access the grille guard? I am hoping there is a way to do this without breaking the clips. Thanks!

Last edited by XSTeknique; Mar 14, 2013 at 06:44 AM. Reason: sic

Quick Reply: Outlander Sport Mods