Notices

Hard to keep up with Mitsu...

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2012, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard to keep up with Mitsu...

Sup Outty Sport owners...

I just bought my wife a 2012 Outty Sport in that sparkly greenish/blue color and she's loving it...

Well, here comes Mitsu "semi-radically" updating the Outlander Sport for 2013... the new updates will showcase at the NY auto show next week... and OMG that gets me mad! LOL I would've waited till October if only I had waited one more month before purchasing!

Here are the spy shots:

http://www.themotorreport.com.au/538...-spied-testing

Here's a list of what IL believes is being updated:

http://www.insideline.com/mitsubishi...auto-show.html

So for those of you considering a 2012 Outlander Sport... wait up a week or two until Mitsu releases the upcoming changes for 2013 models (most likely showing up in dealerships this October); it might be worth the wait

If only Mitsu had a turbocharged Ralliart trim under wraps
Old Mar 28, 2012, 03:44 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow I'm glad I got an '11!! The new features may be nice but that front end sure isn't!!!!
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Yeah the front end isn't selling me on looks, plus no changes for engine options is exactly what they don't need. Updates to the CVT would be nice if they made it drain less power from the engine, or somehow made it stronger so that a turbo kit didn't tear it apart.
Old Mar 29, 2012, 05:25 AM
Evolved Member

^ They haven't let out any words on engine options... but knowing Mitsu it might be the same 2.0l 148hp If somehow, they manage to surprise us with a Ralliart edition, I'll be the first trading in my wife's 2012 model the first day they land state sides lol!

I think they're reworking the face of the Sport to be more like the new Outlander released last month at the Geneva Auto Show... that Outlander is not too pretty, but somehow I just got used to it... the good thing about this small redesign on the Outty Sport is that somehow Mitsu is still keeping most of the Evo look in the front
Old Mar 29, 2012, 09:19 AM
EvoM Moderator

The majority of the comments/compliments I get on my car are for how mean and badass the front end looks. Why change the best feature of the car and leave the worst! (worst being powertrain options)
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
The improvements in the rear suspension are good too as I have noticed that the rear end tends to sidehop when under load in a tight turn and entering an expressway onramp with a bump in it. It's not horrible but it's bump oversteer that could take some people by surprise if not expecting it. Overall the car seems to be nimble for what it is but it's one thing I noticed when pushing it a bit harder. The Body roll is also a bit excessive unless you get a good 35-36 psi in the tires which seems to counter most of that feeling. Only drawback of that is that the ride is a bit harsher but seems to be wearing my tires very evenly and keeps the suspension a bit more responsive.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 07:43 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You shouldn't feel like you missed out on anything - looks like it's just change without progress. The Sport is a good looking car!

What they're still missing the mark on: Power output - the Sport desperately needs around 20 more HP. A ~160 HP motor and some soft-touch material on the interior would at least make the Sport competitive with the CR-V. An option for an eAWD system instead of the AWC would be nice too - would really make the car a stand out.
Old Mar 30, 2012, 12:29 PM

I'm happy with the way my 2011 looks. I think they're trying hard to make it look bland and run-of-the-mill with the 2013 changes. If it's the ASX (like they have in the UK), the lower fog light areas being black is the way they have it today. I prefer them being body-colored. Although the interior and CVT updates would be nice.
Old Mar 31, 2012, 10:28 AM
EvoM Moderator

The ASX has some very nice accessories availible that we don't get in the states (rim choices, trailer hitch from MMA Factory, etc...) but man... those bumpers....
Old Apr 3, 2012, 05:05 PM
Evolved Member

Christ! What did Mitsu just do to the Outlander Sport!!???

Here's a glimpse of what they're showing off tomorrow in NY

horrendous!
Old Apr 4, 2012, 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by jazket
Christ! What did Mitsu just do to the Outlander Sport!!???

Here's a glimpse of what they're showing off tomorrow in NY
horrendous!
I just don't get why they had to wimp out on the front. One of the reasons I got a 2011 model (other than value for money) was because it looked different and stands out. It's not like any other compact UV out there. Looks aggressive and the large grill sold me on it.

This new look totally negates it and makes it look too small. If the Outlander Sport looked like this when I was looking to buy, I'd have bought a Ford Escape instead.

Looks like Mitsu is trying hard to look too common - first with the 2013 big Outlander now this. I don't think looking like everything else is going to increase sales - people who want common/bland will buy a CRV or a RAV4.