Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Motorex GT-R Importer(s) go to jail!!! Info inside!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:45 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It is really sad, I hope they don't pull the registrations.
I still wish to buy a GT-R some day!!!
Old Mar 16, 2006, 07:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by supersupra
It is really sad, I hope they don't pull the registrations.
I still wish to buy a GT-R some day!!!
there not going to yank the titles on those cars.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:05 AM
Evolving Member

They can actually seize the car Celm, check federal statutes.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:16 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Google
they can do what ever they want,but you have to remember the grey market cars makes up a grain of sand of the stuff the FED govt makes $ on.they do not like to spend the $ on man power with this crap.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Google
That Would really suck! Spending all that money.....Ouch!
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Misael
That Would really suck! Spending all that money.....Ouch!

I'm sure that if the car was seized the owner would be compensated, they arent gonna take you $90k car away and say tough luck you got scammed.

I think the motorex got what was coming to them, the fact that they brought cars over and forged docs pisses me off, especially because you were in essence paying $40k for forged documents, you could have imported a skyline and got your own forged docs for much less than that!

Oh well, With the new skyline coming out in 08' the old one wont be such the hot ticket it is now, unless NNA manages to screw up the new skyline.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by BluByWho
I'm sure that if the car was seized the owner would be compensated, they arent gonna take you $90k car away and say tough luck you got scammed.

I think the motorex got what was coming to them, the fact that they brought cars over and forged docs pisses me off, especially because you were in essence paying $40k for forged documents, you could have imported a skyline and got your own forged docs for much less than that!

Oh well, With the new skyline coming out in 08' the old one wont be such the hot ticket it is now, unless NNA manages to screw up the new skyline.
I would still take the old skyine b/c its that much more rare of a car, i "heard" the new JDM model will have a twin turbo inline 6 BUT the USDM will have a V8...FU<K THAT
Old Mar 16, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by BluByWho

Your statement is actually incorrect.. there have been several cars confiscated in 2005 that were imported by both "MOTOREX" and "night7racing". These cars were confiscated from their owners, crushed, and they were told that if they wanted to be compensated they needed to sue the person they paid for it.... I feel bad for these people but really it is your own fault if you do not check into the laws yourself..
Old Mar 16, 2006, 11:55 AM
Evolved Member

Karma, you're 100% right here.

A friend of a friend has been evading the crusher for his Audi RS2 for a couple years now. He just keeps swapping registrations with it, but it's only a matter of time...
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

People are out there killing, stealing, and raping, yet law abiding citizens who shell out good money for a grey market vehicle get enough attention from the government that their babies get taken and crushed? Does anyone else feel this is a gross misuse of goverment man-power?

I can see the issue with a large retailer importing large amounts of grey market vehicles and selling them under the cost of USDM models, but for a person to import a vehicle or two for their own personal use should be allowed. Its crap, and someone needs to take a stand.

I see all these hotrod guys "rebuilding" muscle cars when in rality its like a whole new vehicle, yet it can be titled as the old muscle car it once was. Lame laws. I jus hope some day I can have the pleasure of owning an Evo 5 legally in this country.

Originally Posted by Karma'sEvo
Your statement is actually incorrect.. there have been several cars confiscated in 2005 that were imported by both "MOTOREX" and "night7racing". These cars were confiscated from their owners, crushed, and they were told that if they wanted to be compensated they needed to sue the person they paid for it.... I feel bad for these people but really it is your own fault if you do not check into the laws yourself..
Old Mar 16, 2006, 12:38 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Tristar Racing
People are out there killing, stealing, and raping, yet law abiding citizens who shell out good money for a grey market vehicle get enough attention from the government that their babies get taken and crushed? Does anyone else feel this is a gross misuse of goverment man-power?

I can see the issue with a large retailer importing large amounts of grey market vehicles and selling them under the cost of USDM models, but for a person to import a vehicle or two for their own personal use should be allowed. Its crap, and someone needs to take a stand.

I see all these hotrod guys "rebuilding" muscle cars when in rality its like a whole new vehicle, yet it can be titled as the old muscle car it once was. Lame laws. I jus hope some day I can have the pleasure of owning an Evo 5 legally in this country.
im with you on that one,it tells you how much of land of the free we live in. The big auto makers are tell us what we can drive not what we want to drive
Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Celm
im with you on that one,it tells you how much of land of the free we live in. The big auto makers are tell us what we can drive not what we want to drive
It wasn't the "big auto makers" decision not to import the Skyline to the US, it was Nissan's. This could suck for the people who bought Skylines, but I really hope the govt doesn't take action against them, the cars are just way too nice.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 24 Likes on 20 Posts
I could see the gov. giving the owners the option to make it a show or race vehicle that is not street legal before crushing it.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BantamSLK
It wasn't the "big auto makers" decision not to import the Skyline to the US, it was Nissan's. This could suck for the people who bought Skylines, but I really hope the govt doesn't take action against them, the cars are just way too nice.
Yes and no. Obviously Nissan didn't bring it over. But the laws keeping Skylines out exist because Manufactuers and others lobbied to pass laws to keep people from buying cars overseas and selling them here for less under cutting US sales.

Obviously the "Global market" is only for big corporations to use for cheap labor. God forbid you buy a car that doesn't meet abitrary crash standards (yet you can drive a motorcycle on the same damn roads). It's a crappy situation and people should be outraged about it. The government is so out of touch with it's people it's ridiculous.

Last edited by CDeutsch; Mar 16, 2006 at 01:58 PM.
Old Mar 16, 2006, 02:42 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by hotrod2448
I could see the gov. giving the owners the option to make it a show or race vehicle that is not street legal before crushing it.

Ok I dont want people to think I am trying to be "mr. no-it-all" but I think you fail to understand the law.. Dont you think if it was legal at all to have the vehicle here that the guy with the audi would find a way to register legally.. You can get state titles for these vehicles.. I happen to know 4 people who have skylines registered in AZ.. The problem is the federal law overides state and says that there is only one legal way to have them here... You can get a sticker that goes in the front windshield when the car hits u.s. soil.. This sticker is dated.. you have exactly 12 months to get the car off us soil and shipped back to where ever it came from.. While it is here it is only legal as a "trailer queen"... And that is the federal law.. As unfortunate as it is the people who bought these should have done a little research first.

Quick Reply: Motorex GT-R Importer(s) go to jail!!! Info inside!!!