Notices
Northwest Region Includes AK, ID, WY, SD, MT, ND, CO.

Post Thanksgiving Potluck

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2003, 11:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post Thanksgiving Sushi Feast/Asian food Extravaganza

So here it is, the official "we got shafted out of a show so lets get together pot luck thanksgiving thread"

Here is my idea,

My friends and I used to get together a day or two after thanksgiving and have a Boston Market Thanksgiving where we were only allowed to bring stuff from Boston Market. There were about ten of us so it worked out to be a nice meal (If you can call B.M. nice) I'm thinking since we are all pretty much going to be off or have already taken the day off anyway, we can meet and have our 'Cheep ***, down home, let's get together, have good food and good friends, style TLNW thanksgiving knock off, pot luck dinner.' ( ya like the name? I came up with it myself!)

My suggestion for the date is Nov. 16 or 23 (both Sundays before the retail season from hell starts)

My suggestion for the place is a little foggy cause none of us live in the middle but i think we can come up with something.

Any suggestions let me know, as this is my new project instead of the Korum show.

quote:
oRIGINaLLY pOSTeD BY mE:

MAPQUEST DIRECTIONS

Directions from Vancouver to Centralia Library

Directions from Seattle to Centralia Library

Centralia Library Home Page... (Phone#) (Address) (General Info)

Last edited by ohcanada_00; Nov 6, 2003 at 11:37 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 04:02 PM
Evolving Member

So, I'm changing it to a Pre-Thanksgiving potluck and the date as long as it works or everyone is going to be NOVEMBER 23 starting at 12:00pm in the Centrailia Libray. We can hold a meeting from 12 to about 1:30 then do lunch/dinner till they close. everyone gets home at a reasonalbel hour and we are all fat and happy.

If this works for everyone then great. Lets make this a new member information meeting also for all those people wanting to join.

I'll post again regarding who wants to bring what.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 04:56 PM
Evolved Member

Have dinner in the library? Think they'll let us?
I'm in with the canned cranberry "schloop splat"
Old Nov 3, 2003, 05:03 PM

I called the Library earlier today and asked them about having food in the Library. They said it was ok, as long as we keep everything clean as when we entered etc... Since it is a public place no alcohol is allowed.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 05:07 PM
Evolved Member

Sweet!! I'll bring a couple of electric burners. Let me know if we want a toaster oven or crock-pot, too.
Should we start a list of who's bringing what?

We need to add "Sponsored by the Centralia Library" to our banners Seriously, though. If they're gonna let us use the space on a fairly regular basis, we should see about doing something civic minded- TLNW food drive, book-drive for the kids, clean the library grounds. . . something like that. Sorry to take that OT.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 05:25 PM
Evolved Member

I like the idea of doing something related to the library since they're nice enough to let us invade.

As for the time/date, I'm down for that. Y'all do realize that it's real close to my birthday then (25th), so maybe now would be a good time for me to bring up the "get Jon a turbo" fund.
Old Nov 3, 2003, 07:23 PM
Pure Win

Im down for anything. I miss hanging out with all of you like we did every weekend at the last of summer. Let me know what I can bring and ill be there. Most likley with Beth in tow.... Shes back from kentucky
Old Nov 3, 2003, 10:56 PM

Dustin we should reserve the room ASAP and make sure its available for the time we need, if you havn't already. I'll call tomorrow morning (pending I am awake enough to remember).

You want to start the official list with stuffs we should get numbers and things going quick like.

anyways... I'm off to the dreamland once again.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 12:20 AM
Evolving Member

okie dokie

Here is the offical list of things we ned for a pseudo-thanksgiving feast: (if you can think of anything else then just add it in)

1. Some sort of main protien i.e. turkey
2. Mashed potatoes
3. Stuffing
4. Rolls or bread
5. Some sort of green vegetable product
6. Salad ( hahahaha i said salad, i mean seriously, my fat *** said salad!)
7. sweet potatoes
8. gravy
9. cranberry sauce
10. pie ( none of that pumpkin schise either, i'm talking like strawberry rhubarb)
11. non-alcoholic beverages i.e. sparkling cider, soda and or juice.
12. Intangibles like silverware, napkins, salt, pepper, butter

If ya'll can think of anything else, then by all means go for it. I'm just trying to lay down the basics so we can get going with volunteers.

Brian, go ahead and make the reservation for the 23rd cause most of us already have seen the thread or can make it happen anyway.

Jon, what do you feel about that 'new member information session' ? I think this would be a great way to get some new guys down for a fun informal meeting. If you think it's a go, let me know and i'll post up the thread.

So in any event, I'm now excited with the prospect of stuffing my fat face with everyones awesome food, so post who is coming and what you are bringing!
Old Nov 4, 2003, 12:23 AM
Evolving Member

ROLL CALL!!!! ( like this ever works )

1. Dustin + maybe Gabi Bringing rolls and some dessert.
2. Shawn + one Bringing something
Old Nov 4, 2003, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

I can make asian appetizers (spring rolls, pot stickers, bbq pork)
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Way to answer the "roll" call guys!

I can bring the mashed potatoes. Anybody have a preference for the "new" red potato or the good ol' russett? I'll bring fixins, too- I don't have bacon bits, though. I'll bring a couple bags of salad, too. I like greens. I'll bring a ranch dressing and a vinagrette of some sort.

Should we each be responsible for our own protien dish? or is someone gonna pony up with the turkey and roast beast. :cough: :cough: Jon :cough:
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Oh yeah, for the taters I'll bring butter, gravy, sour cream, chopped green onions and shredded cheese (how the hell else do you think I'm toppin 300#)

Oh, and I'm possibly +2 (wife and/or stepdaughter)

Last edited by engineerboy; Nov 4, 2003 at 11:55 AM.
Old Nov 4, 2003, 11:57 AM

Originally posted by ohcanada_00
ROLL CALL!!!
Me +1 or 2 possibly not sure yet....

Originally posted by jman425
I can make asian appetizers (spring rolls, pot stickers, bbq pork)
Oh hell yeah!!! ... bbq pork & sweet hot mustard...

Originally posted by engineerboy
Should we each be responsible for our own protien dish?
Sounds like a good idea, I have absolutely no idea on how to cook a turkey... although directions could be found etc.. etc..

Stuff I can bring....
1: Hommade corn bread muffins
2: a sweet potato dish
3: Soda & or bottled water
Old Nov 4, 2003, 12:15 PM

I just spoke with the Centralia Library, I have made a Closed Session reservation for the conferance room on Sunday November 23rd 2003 from 1PM - 5PM, basically the entire day that the library is open.

The library told me that I was cutting it close for the two week deadline, so to make sure of our Private Meeting Reservation on the room I will call back next week and make sure there aren't any educational type groups that need the room. Although she said that most likely a group will not use the room on a Sunday due to the small time period that the Library is open.

Before our meeting starts we have to fill out one of their forms at the library. We can fill this out at 1PM on the 23rd. So whomever arrives there first can fill this out.

I have also verified for a second time that it is ok for us to have food & beverages in the conferance room. She said that the small kitchen is available for us to use.

Quick Reply: Post Thanksgiving Potluck