Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Ticketed: "Whale Tail"

Old Feb 9, 2004, 04:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
after u win.

ok...after you win...

post the court proceedings (including all docket numbers and such) so that we (all) can cite case law for the other bogus times us 'other' evo owners will encounter with our 'functional' whal'e' tale.

Later,

jcnel.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

damn ... that sucks ... the majority of cops r nice around my area its just that when u get pulled over their real strict (dont wanna offend n e one for saying "dicks" or "*******s". my cousin got pulled over and he got a ticket for not wearing his seat belt ... the thing is that he drives a 93 altima and it has those automatic seatbelts that are attached to the door and move when u turn of the engine.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Let me tell you something, after reading this I am ashamed. You kids have no idea what you are talking about. I work everyday with cops. They let people off with **** all the time. You try doing their jobs and tell me it is easy. Most of you probably have your car all riced out. music loud and generally annoying people with your lack of driving skill. I gaurantee I drive more miles yearly than some of you will in three years and never, repeat never had a problem with cops. I would like to see some of you little punks even try to do their job. Drive with respect for others, lose the attitude and stop *****in.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:51 PM
Evolved Member

Alright EVOFQ, I can see where you're coming from in the respect category, but are you REALLY trying to say the stock Evo 8 wing is somehow disrespectful or inherently irresponsible?
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:56 PM
Evolving Member

Dude I have an Evo with the stock wing. Don't get me wrong I speed and break several laws on a regular basis, but I am a man so when I get caught I do not blame anyone and take my punishment without being a little *****. Bottom line is be a dick, get treated like a dick.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

I think the ticket the guy got was bull**** but then this turned into a police bash.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Re: Ticketed: "Whale Tail"

Originally posted by dekfu1
This is classic...
I wish I would have gotten that Ticket. I would rip that cop a new *******.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 08:05 PM
Evolved Member

WrX Kila keep it real you wouldnt have said ****.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

OT ... hahaha ... but look at this ...

http://tgz.proboards16.com/index.cgi...num=1052186350

now thats *****ing
Old Feb 9, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

the cops i've dealt with where really nice maybe because i dont really put up an argument. i was driving to school and a police check point was ahead of me and the cop came in front of me and waved his hand to tell me to stop so i roll my window and all he asked me was "wha yr is this car" ... i thought i was in trouble or something and then we just have a conversation for a good five mins.

i've only been pulled over once and he wasnt a dick. it seems that u would really need to be breaking a law for them to pull u over... there has been times were i pulled right next to a cop and he just nods his head and i'm pretty sure he sees my windows tinted but just lets me go
Old Feb 9, 2004, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

almost as good as the whistle tips...
WOO WOOO!

Last edited by hbmike; Feb 9, 2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Why don't you set up a protest Evo meet at the police station and let them see 10, 15, 20 Evos all with the same "whale tail". Video it and take it to court with the Evo literature from the dealer. Make that PIG look like a jerkoff on the court date. F'ing PIGS.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know who allows those idiots to patrol those streets but they should be hanged with them. Another perfect example of the citi desperately looking for the money. This is a nonsence and should not be tolerated, I wish there was another type of force looking only at the cops behavior (driving, parking, crossing intersections, etc.) I could continue probably the whole night.
Old Feb 9, 2004, 09:24 PM

I once had a CHP officer tell me that HID headlights were against the law, and that all the bimmers and benzes that had them got them installed aftermarket. This was like 2 years ago. Cops are stupid. Think about it this way, if you **** up everything in your life, you can still join the army or be a cop.
Old Feb 10, 2004, 04:42 AM
DGS
Evolving Member

Originally posted by sixftdrop
Cops are stupid.
Cops are people.

Some are gun nuts who could hit a dime at 1000 yards, and some need extra practice to qualify on their reviews. Some are car nuts, some are car haters, and some don't care one way or another.

The quality of cops tend to vary by community. The towns that don't pay much get the cops the better paying towns don't want.

The one thing most cops have in common is that, after years of being treated as "The Enemy" by the driving public, they begin to reciprocate, and begin thinking of civilians as criminals waiting to happen.

Remember, guys, most cops don't like traffic detail, either. Only the bad ones take it out on the public.

Same with drivers -- only the bad ones take it out on the cops.

If you want to blame someone, blame the politicians that would rather pass silly traffic laws than fix the roads. Or blame the taxpayers that don't want to shell out the tax money to fix the roads.

Ticketing the stock EVO wing is a bit off, but lots of people don't realize that the EVO comes that way. Not all cops follow the auto market. Maybe after that cop sees a few, he'll get it. But they get lied to enough that saying that it's stock wouldn't carry as much weight as showing him the part in the owner's manual about adjusting it.

Last edited by DGS; Feb 10, 2004 at 04:49 AM.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Ticketed: "Whale Tail"