Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

Ohio Members Jan. 17th at noon!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jan 14, 2004, 08:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Give me a call and we will discuss it. I imagine you are fine, but we'll go through the details. I have spare coils to work on for now from my own car; they aren't cheap. I also have the update software to confirm you are on the new revision. BTW, check your plugs in the two cyl's that weren't firing.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Jan 14, 2004, 08:38 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by QuantumEVO

HKS 264 sets are hard to get ahold of these days but we are installing a different set here shortly in a customer's car and may have his 264 set out and he will be ready to sell those if you are interested. This is cams and gears both.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Cool. Let me know if he is willing to sell and how much.

How about intake manifolds? Got any in stock? I want to get something from you guys. I'm itching for a new afternoon project.

Thinking about heading to see you guys finally today. Is that cool?

Yo, Chris. Long time no hear bro. How are things?

Last edited by stvbreal; Jan 14, 2004 at 08:49 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 10:52 AM
Evolving Member

Yeah, you can stop by today if you like. We have a few other EVO's sitting around that might be of interest. Randall is having some serious head/cam stuff done at the moment. He is at the shop right now so you can call and speak with him. We can certainly schedule you in to install the cams before saturday if you are quick.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Jan 14, 2004, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

Sorry guys, couldn't make it. I want to get those cams installed but I am in the process of selling this damn laptop. I paid a knot for this thing a few months ago and I need to get rid of it. I don't need it anymore. This would allow some room to fund for the new mods. Regardless if it sells I want to get it done. Maybe not by Sat. but soon after. What would be an estimate of the total job? Cost of cams and install.
Old Jan 14, 2004, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by stvbreal

Cool. Let me know if he is willing to sell and how much.

How about intake manifolds? Got any in stock? I want to get something from you guys. I'm itching for a new afternoon project.

Thinking about heading to see you guys finally today. Is that cool?

Yo, Chris. Long time no hear bro. How are things?
Sup steve

Everything has been going fine until about a 3 weeks ago when my powersteering pump gave out, then my brakes said their last prayers, and now i burned the ignition coil packs in the car

But i got it fixed and i will now be able to go to the meet where ill get my brand new brakes

Powersteering is being replaced next week so im pretty happy

Mark, everything is better now. I tried putting the old plugs in and it ran normal. So then i put the new plugs and it made a HUGE difference. Its like the car is all new again
Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:06 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by stvbreal
Sorry guys, couldn't make it. I want to get those cams installed but I am in the process of selling this damn laptop. I paid a knot for this thing a few months ago and I need to get rid of it. I don't need it anymore. This would allow some room to fund for the new mods. Regardless if it sells I want to get it done. Maybe not by Sat. but soon after. What would be an estimate of the total job? Cost of cams and install.
That's OK if you could not come in. We can get you in on tuesday. Please call and we will discuss pricing; I would rather not give out a customer's asking price for products unless he says it's OK. We are here all day. The shop is 937.642.5400 and direct to me on my cell is 937.209.0711.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Jan 15, 2004, 07:07 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by SilverEvo8owner

Sup steve

Everything has been going fine until about a 3 weeks ago when my powersteering pump gave out, then my brakes said their last prayers, and now i burned the ignition coil packs in the car

But i got it fixed and i will now be able to go to the meet where ill get my brand new brakes

Powersteering is being replaced next week so im pretty happy

Mark, everything is better now. I tried putting the old plugs in and it ran normal. So then i put the new plugs and it made a HUGE difference. Its like the car is all new again
That's cool. Usually you can blow some carbon off but like you said, nothing beats fresh plugs.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Jan 15, 2004, 01:36 PM
Evolved Member

yeah after i took the old ones out again a lot of carbon blew off
Old Jan 15, 2004, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

OK guys. I am going to try to get the TV/PS2/GT3 guys to speak up and commit to who is bringing what so we know how many are coming. For anyone who has not done it before, you can hook up to 6 PS2's together and compete against each other arcade style in Gran Turismo 3. I am anticipating on at least 6 and possibly enough to have 12. You need to bring (if at all possible) a PS2, small TV, GT3 and if you have one, a USB cable and/or link unit (standard 6 port hub, IIRC).

PS2 List:
Mark @ QR: 3 Sets including cables
Chris (EVO8) : 1 Set (cable?)

I figure quite a few Subaru guys will bring them since that's a very traditional part of house meets for them. They almost always have 5 or 6 going.
BTW, it seems like the Subaru crowd is going to be big. There may be a few of various other cars showing up if some of my old friends can make it. Perhaps a few Stealths, Supras, etc. We'll see. EVERYONE is welcome. Most importantly we want you there, even if your car is broke or put away for the winter. Bring the hooptie if that's what you got!

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Jan 15, 2004, 08:43 PM

how late do you expect it to last? i've never been to a meet before so forgive me if i sound stupid, but would it suitable or even acceptable to bring a 3 year old? even if we just stayed long enough to check out some rides and b.s. a bit. he's has to spend the following saturday with the sitters and we don't want to leave him 2 saturdays in row. really want to come though. thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2004, 09:56 PM
Evolved Member

i imagine it will last until everybody gets bored, tired, or needs to go home.
Old Jan 16, 2004, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by evoaviator
how late do you expect it to last? i've never been to a meet before so forgive me if i sound stupid, but would it suitable or even acceptable to bring a 3 year old? even if we just stayed long enough to check out some rides and b.s. a bit. he's has to spend the following saturday with the sitters and we don't want to leave him 2 saturdays in row. really want to come though. thanks.
Sure, you can bring him although things might be a bit busy and whatnot for him. Usually the guys wrenching on their cars will play some music,etc.

Mark
www.Quantum-Racing.com
Old Jan 17, 2004, 02:46 AM

Unhappy

Hey - just found this site and registered. I just bought a Black EVO before Christmas, and I love it. Unfortunately, I have plans today but would love to meet up next time. I live East of Columbus in case anyone else lives out this way.
Hope you all have a great meet!
Old Jan 17, 2004, 09:10 AM
Evolving Member

FYI the weather is good in marysville(Cold but not much ice on the roads) Come on out!

Bryon
www.Quantum-racing.com
Old Jan 17, 2004, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

HIlliard is covered in ice. Me and my Advans may be screwed.

Quick Reply: Ohio Members Jan. 17th at noon!!!