Notices
Northeast Region Includes CT, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT.

New England Dragway 09

Old Jun 6, 2009, 08:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by partyboy1122
You'll be fine. I had over 40 passes on the stock clutch. Only slipped when I launched it with the 3065.
lol i dont think you have ever seen josh launch his car he rides it like crazy haha just needs more practice
Old Jun 6, 2009, 12:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by silver9mr
lol i dont think you have ever seen josh launch his car he rides it like crazy haha just needs more practice
Haha, yea I do but I've only had 3 1/4 mile passes in my life. So I definitely need some practice. I have the money to replace it with a twin disk but that wasn't part of my plan for this year lol.

Last edited by 19DB794; Jun 6, 2009 at 12:06 PM.
Old Jun 6, 2009, 01:56 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by partyboy1122
Ya, I use my steering wheel too lol.

I mean I could go back to my Old High School parking lot, put a few cones on the ground and go around them.
I could stop on an on ramp and see how fast it takes me to go a 1/4 mile too. I am not insulting drag racing i just prefer lateral g-force type racing.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 11:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
^ i'm sure autoX or whatever u do is fun although i have never tried it myself. i would like to some day, but you can't even compare stopping on a ramp and seeing how fast u go to a drag strip at all. The drag strip has improved my shifting skills so much that when i log my passes on evoscan, many times the tps sensor doesn't even go below 100% during some gear changes even though i do not use NLTS. and that is with my "junk act single disc" that supposedly sucks.
Old Jun 7, 2009, 02:51 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
^ i'm sure autoX or whatever u do is fun although i have never tried it myself. i would like to some day, but you can't even compare stopping on a ramp and seeing how fast u go to a drag strip at all. The drag strip has improved my shifting skills so much that when i log my passes on evoscan, many times the tps sensor doesn't even go below 100% during some gear changes even though i do not use NLTS. and that is with my "junk act single disc" that supposedly sucks.
How does the drag strip not compare? You can practice your shifting skills on the street, i know i have. But that only helps me when shifting in a drag sitation. When you are doing autox and the car gets off balance and starts to slide it is a good enviroment to learn how to regain control of the car when you lose it. That to me is something i would rather know than shifting skills.

To each his own. I enjoy all types of racing, drag being my least favorite and i have nothing against people who drag race. I just wouldn't hold it against a lot of the local guys for not drag racing since many of them are racing in other forms. And, as much as you might disagree, drag racing is way more tolling on the drive train.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:27 PM
Evolved Member

friday there should be a ton of evos/dsm's at the dragway. its NEDSM's meet at the track i believe
Old Jun 8, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EatSleepBoost
friday there should be a ton of evos/dsm's at the dragway. its NEDSM's meet at the track i believe
yea i called every evo driver i have in my phone and told them to go lol
Old Jun 8, 2009, 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

I might go this Friday depending on my schedule. My clutch is finally beginning to slip after so long - so well see.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I would go but, I'm gonna go out Friday and Saturday with my girl instead. Plus I really don't wanna run my car untuned anyway so if just go there to watch.
Old Jun 8, 2009, 10:35 PM
Evolving Member

Going to watch since evo won't be ready.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

I want to go but I already told my girl I would go out to Sturbridge with her for the weekend. Maybe I can talk her into going out Saterday morning but it's doubtful.

Oh well, there is always next month.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

I don't get why why some people are ******* on any type of racing - especially if they've never been. I love it all personally, and will always be a drag racer at heart. Nothing beats the rush i get from drag racing.

Auto-x at deven's is nothing like the typical cone in parking lot setup. It's an air field, (duh) and it gives alot more room for fast and technical courses, without the chance of putting your car into a wall or a ditch or a tree if you happen to lose it.

Not sure why some people feel the need the belittle any other type of racing. You may think you're being superior - but really you just look like an *** to everyone else. (I think this was directed more to pierre then anyone else)

but anyway - thats my 2 cents. I sincerely hope I make it to the drag strip a few times this year, but I am trying to stretch this clutch out till next year.
Old Jun 9, 2009, 01:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dexmix
I don't get why why some people are ******* on any type of racing - especially if they've never been. I love it all personally, and will always be a drag racer at heart. Nothing beats the rush i get from drag racing.

Auto-x at deven's is nothing like the typical cone in parking lot setup. It's an air field, (duh) and it gives alot more room for fast and technical courses, without the chance of putting your car into a wall or a ditch or a tree if you happen to lose it.

Not sure why some people feel the need the belittle any other type of racing. You may think you're being superior - but really you just look like an *** to everyone else. (I think this was directed more to pierre then anyone else)

but anyway - thats my 2 cents. I sincerely hope I make it to the drag strip a few times this year, but I am trying to stretch this clutch out till next year.
are you planning on doing the rebuild on the twin or go with a new set-up?
Old Jun 9, 2009, 02:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by silver9mr
are you planning on doing the rebuild on the twin or go with a new set-up?
not sure yet... i am lusting for one of the clutches with a hydraulic TOB. and something with a more solid engagement then the exedy. The exedy engagement can be a little bouncy - unless you either release it slow - or straight dump it. I know some people on the boards install a sort of pedal stop at the slave cylinder to keep it from bouncing around... so a rebuild might still be an option. If it bounces around enough - this puts too much stress on the retaining clip, and this is why some people have these clips fail - It's a design flaw in the exedy twin.

Hence why i want the Hydraulic TOB. I just need something that works on the 6 speed. AMS' hydraulic TOB conversion - does not fit the 6 speed, so i am considering the quartermaster.

I'm having a tough time deciding between the QM and one of these
Old Jun 9, 2009, 03:34 PM
Evolved Member

drag racing is better than anything else, anyone who road races is gay. Turning is for girls.

J/K Turco

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New England Dragway 09