Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Andretti Racing Experience Ft Worth tragedy

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2012, 01:15 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Andretti Racing Experience Ft Worth tragedy

I just got back from Texas Motor Speedway where I was supposed to do the Andretti racing experience where you drive an Indy car around the track for a couple of laps. As I was checking in my wife noticed that a care flight helicopter was taking off. Then they told me everything was canceled because there had been an accident.

I talked to some guys who had been there when it happened and they told me that the driver had to be cut out of the car but it was too late, he was already gone. He was not taken by helicopter since it was too late. The story the company was telling was that he had a heart attack and lost control. There is no way for them to know he had a heart attack but that was the story. I'll be watching to see if it make the news.
Old Dec 2, 2012, 03:11 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 26 Likes on 17 Posts
That's how I want to go, if I'm going to go. Doing something I love.

RIP
Old Dec 2, 2012, 08:45 PM

Hell of a way to go.
Old Dec 3, 2012, 01:51 PM
Evolved Member

I wonder if these guys are the same ones who previously operated under "Texas Driving Experience" and are now "Total Driving Experience". In the event you'd not heard what happened previously: http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/...ce-am-i-right/
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:18 PM
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
not as a passenger?
Old Dec 3, 2012, 02:38 PM

What kind of cars does the Andretti Experience have? Is it open wheel racers or exotics?

I was outside of track doing an autocross at the Bus Lot when I saw all the emergency crew start heading towards the track. I figured something had gone down.

I heard someone totaled a Ferrari or Lambo at one of these TMS rental/driving experience events several months ago. The driver basically freaked out at the end of one of the straights, just froze, took their hands off the wheel, etc.

Last edited by PumpXRS; Dec 3, 2012 at 02:40 PM.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:19 PM
Evolved Member

There is absolutely a way to tell if he had a heart attack, it will show up in blood tests.
Old Dec 6, 2012, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by mrMTB
I wonder if these guys are the same ones who previously operated under "Texas Driving Experience" and are now "Total Driving Experience". In the event you'd not heard what happened previously: http://www.sportressofblogitude.com/...ce-am-i-right/
I love the tone of that douchebag article's author.

I'd rather go out like that than like the bloodless, souless, lifeless puss who wrote it.

87 yo man knew what he was getting himself into, no doubt signed a waiver etc. these jerkoffs would ban going outside if they could.
Old Dec 20, 2012, 07:38 AM

Holy crap, I was at a PCA charity autocross when our TMS safety crew just shot across the course in the middle of runs to go into the track itself. Saw a ton of fire trucks and ambulences and a care flight helicopter fly in so I knew it was serious but I didn't know the guy died, sucks.