Notices
North Texas Evo Club (NTEC) For discussions in and around North Texas

Important Hill Country Cruise and Track Day Information!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2009, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Important Hill Country Cruise and Track Day Information!

Here's the thread in the SOUTH forum. We still need drivers! So if you're wanting to have a FUN, SAFE Evo filled weekend, then get on the ball!

Here's the update I posted today:

I am putting down a non refundable deposit today, so I will be collecting money starting today.

Cash or check is preferred so that paypal doesn't eat me alive.

Here's what I need from you:

$150 per driver if cash/check/money order/pennies (please no pennies)/tires [275/35/18 NT-05 pls]
$155 per driver if making the deposit via paypal (to goofygrin at gmail dot com)

This is assuming 15 drivers. If we get more, I will refund the difference to you. If we get to 20 drivers total, the price drops to $115/$119 (paypal).

Just to be open on the expenses, the track costs $2,300 to rent, all inclusive (insurance, etc.). Instructors get free track time for instructing (which is the common practice) and having benefited from this "free" instructing I think that it is *well* worth the "cost." If you don't agree, then PM me and we'll talk about it.

At this point, I think inviting the STi's or your other friends is likely a good idea. Given 4-5 hours of open track, I think we can deal with a few slower STi's to get around
Old Apr 6, 2009, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'll meet you this weekend and drop off a check to you. Are you racing at all this weekend?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:19 AM

This is going on may 8th-9th-10th, right?? If it is, I can make this event. How soon would you need the money? I'll be in Texas come april 21st. lol
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:47 AM
Evolved Member

I'm out of town this weekend, so we'll figure something out. I'm off work Friday, but we might skip out of town early.

This is going on may 8th-9th-10th, right?? If it is, I can make this event. How soon would you need the money? I'll be in Texas come april 21st. lol
It is that weekend. I need it by the time we get there, but I would feel better if earlier. Sometime after the 21st is fine
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:51 AM

I'll be there then, count me in. Hopefully i get to meet everyone atleast once before this goes on. At the same time, i can hand you the ammount needed as well. Is there a meet going on before then?
Old Apr 6, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolved Member

Well the standing third Tuesday meeting is 4/21 (they day you get back, I can't remember, are you in the desert right now? We were going to cruise to the airport to meet someone).

On the 25th there's an autocross that there were likely be 3-4+ of us at TMS.

There will also be meets on Saturdays which I'm sure I can make one or two of them (but not the 25th) since the wife wants to try Kinkaids
Old Apr 6, 2009, 12:51 PM

Yeah, I'm in the desert, for 5 more days! lol But leave doesn't start till the 21st, i should get in early, when does everyone meet up for the cruise through/to the Airport? I guess it would be good to know where too... lol 4/21 - NTEC Meet @ Spring Creek in Irving, Right? The NTEC Schedule has wonderful info, just no times.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

NTEC meeting, Spring Creek in Irving (183/Beltline) at 7pm. We normally create a thread about a week before any event that will have the time and stuff

If you tell us when you'll be coming to DFW we can possibly arrange an evofull welcome party for you (like we did for Keren )
Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:22 PM

Hah, not gana lie, that would be cool. I'm not sure myself yet, i should know by tomarrow when i get in, i have someone trying to reserve the earliest flight possible for me to get in. lol Wouldn't be hard to find me anyway, not like you guys could miss me... Tall guy wearing ACUs with a Sgt. rank. To easy, saddly. lol I stick out like a sore thumb
Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

Here's the Keren pickup pictures: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/6666567-post152.html
Old Apr 6, 2009, 01:37 PM

I remember those pictures, i commented on them a while ago and asked how often you all did stuff like that. I think it was you, actually, who told me that i could try to set up a meet for something like that, actually. lol Crazy good looking pictures too.
Old Apr 6, 2009, 07:54 PM

I'll be there! Provided, Reggie or someone else sells me an Evo. Gah, I haz money and I want one, sell it please!
Old Apr 6, 2009, 08:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by tru7h
I'll be there! Provided, Reggie or someone else sells me an Evo. Gah, I haz money and I want one, sell it please!
Jeffs is for sale too! Its got a blown motor now, but kevin and I will have it torn down and back together in no time... then you'll get one with a freah motor too!

I WISH I COULD GO TO THIS!!!! Im being forced to use ALL of my vacation hours this week!
STUPID ECONOMY!!!!!!
Old Apr 7, 2009, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Fuel the hunger:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9-o2sZMGtlw

The driver of the red lotus is one of the instructors that will be there.
Old Apr 12, 2009, 12:43 AM

I wouls love to come check out Harris Hill but the LeMons race in June is eating my budget