Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

Know this Time Attack Evo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2014, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From my understanding, adding an electric water pump isn't as easy as it would seem. Getting the system to flow properly is tough.

Dan
Old Apr 2, 2014, 07:07 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by codgi
It would not matter because the point of failure will be at mounting points. The force is concentrated downwards (vertically) on those point. Connecting to the cage only makes a difference if that connection allows the force to be channeled in such a way that the cage consumes that force. E.g have the front and rear scafolding on both sides go directly through the trunk of the car and connect directly to the cage as opposed to ending them and doing a horizontal connection.

Now yes it could be a very exotic very strong component whereby if the car is driven at average race speeds sub 150mph it doesn't matter but it just seems to be one of several things on this build that first glance seem really cool but under more scrutiny seem kinda odd. That being said it will be interesting to see more details on the build.

horizontal mounts isn't a problem. the fasteners will be in shear which is easy to calculate for. and they are obviously much bigger then the 4 tiny 1/4" bolts holding the wing itself to the uprights, which are also in shear.
Old Apr 2, 2014, 09:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by KevinD
horizontal mounts isn't a problem. the fasteners will be in shear which is easy to calculate for. and they are obviously much bigger then the 4 tiny 1/4" bolts holding the wing itself to the uprights, which are also in shear.
This is a good point. On the calculations I guess we'll soon find out if they were done or not.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 08:54 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 143 Likes on 119 Posts
Originally Posted by codgi
This is a good point. On the calculations I guess we'll soon find out if they were done or not.
Do you really doubt that they thought it through? After all, the car is on KW's mega-bucks shaker platform in those pictures, so it's not like these guys are just winging it in someone's garage.

Anyone come across other photos or information? I'm really intrigued by this car and team.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Originally Posted by Construct
Do you really doubt that they thought it through? After all, the car is on KW's mega-bucks shaker platform in those pictures, so it's not like these guys are just winging it in someone's garage.

Anyone come across other photos or information? I'm really intrigued by this car and team.
That tells me that they have someone with money behind the build who may/may not have the access to said equipment it doesn't tell me much other than that...or has the Extreme Tuners fiasco gone off of folks' radars? Having it run, hold up and lay down some good times relative to cars in its cost bracket is more interesting to me.