Notices
Project Cars / Build Threads Please post your build threads here.

Extremedsm "Takin it to the Extreme" Part 2 2.3 BB Black with Weight Reduction!!!

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2013, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Extremedsm "Takin it to the Extreme" Part 2 2.3 BB Black with Weight Reduction!!!

Well as you all know, I have been build my IX RS for quite awhile now. Nothing is ever complete and I wish I could just be happy with it. But everyone knows how that goes. Here is a link to my old build and what happened at Boostin Performance:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mo...n-extreme.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...k-evo-9-a.html

I am going a different route with the car now as I have the Buschur Racing Magnum EVO to use as my road racing car. I still want the car to handle good and I will have a different brake setup and suspension setup for different things.

I am hoping to get a little more power out of the car also. I went from a MAP ported exhaust manifold to a beautiful Toxic Fab header. It is a work of art. Not so fun to put on compared to the stocker though. I will also be going from an 18 psi wastegate actuator to the 25 psi one.

The car was down to 2800 last year and I am hoping to get it down to 2600 this year. I have a lot of toys piled up over winter to do this. I got a pair of NRG carbon fiber seats and I pulled off a couple pounds so far this year. There is so much more to come.

Had the car on the lift today and put on the new manifold and was checking wheel resistance as the car pushed really hard. Had to push the car from one garage to another and it pushed really hard. Well the front wheels spin fine and the rears not so much. There is a thumping noise coming from the rear end when you spin the tires.

I also have an Quarter Master 8 leg to save some weight over the Exedy triple. I am hoping it drives nicer also. I also have to pull the trans out and fix 2nd gear. It is being a little fussy with me. I am going to tear it down and replace everything that has any wear on it.

I am up in the air on removing the acd?

I am open to comments on getting more power out of the car and the removing of the acd. I do not really want to sacrifice my spool up to get more top end power as the car feels awesome the way it sits.

Here is a sneak peak at what is to come. There will be much more added as time goes on. I will be adding a lot of stuff so stay tuned!!!

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

And my new toy for the weight reduction process:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Intercomp-SW650-Quick-Weigh-RFX-Wireless-Chassis-Scales-w-USB-RS232-Output-/380596786909?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589d5616dd&vxp=mtr

Last edited by ExtremeDSM; Mar 24, 2013 at 04:39 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 05:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That manifold looks sweet!
and wash the caddy!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:46 AM
Evolved Member

So sick of salt around here. My poor EVO's have to hibernate over the winter so they do not rust away.

I also need to get myself to spend the money on corner weighting scales. Anybody have any money laying around that they don't need?
Old Mar 24, 2013, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Totally know what you mean. Hibernating evo is no fun. WTB spring PST
Old Mar 24, 2013, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
looks like fun. good luck with the project this year.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 04:38 PM
Evolved Member

Well I finally broke down and bought the new toy today. The wife had some 10% off thing up to $100 off on ebay so I used it for her.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Intercomp-SW650-Quick-Weigh-RFX-Wireless-Chassis-Scales-w-USB-RS232-Output-/380596786909?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item589d5616dd&vxp=mtr
Old Mar 24, 2013, 06:52 PM
Evolved Member

looks like you have a spot weld drill bit and a grinder. there is a few more lbs you can take off. it does take time though.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 06:58 PM
Evolved Member

I had some old spot weld drill bits that are worn out. I bought the same set that I see posted on one of your threads. I hope they work good.

I was trying to keep my car where I could put it back to stock if I ever wanted but I am way beyond that point now. I still want to get in the car and it look pretty much stock. Should be fun.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
I had some old spot weld drill bits that are worn out. I bought the same set that I see posted on one of your threads. I hope they work good.

I was trying to keep my car where I could put it back to stock if I ever wanted but I am way beyond that point now. I still want to get in the car and it look pretty much stock. Should be fun.
use some kind of lube with the bits. mine are still perfect and clearly i have used them a lot but i did not use a lube. i recommend using it though. i have a few more things i want to remove so if your following my thread keep an eye out for more stuff.
i know what you mean when you say putting the car back to stock. but lets hope that never happens because we are bad ***.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:15 PM
Evolved Member

Dan.

I will be starting on the weight reduction this week sometime. I am just as much of a weight guru as you are. I was just waiting for the point of no return that I have reached. I follow all the weight reduction things on this site for different ideas. I had a supercharged Honda civic with b18c that weighed 1700 pounds. I love weight reduction.

I just wish it would warm up here damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Mar 24, 2013, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ExtremeDSM
Dan.

I will be starting on the weight reduction this week sometime. I am just as much of a weight guru as you are. I was just waiting for the point of no return that I have reached. I follow all the weight reduction things on this site for different ideas. I had a supercharged Honda civic with b18c that weighed 1700 pounds. I love weight reduction.

I just wish it would warm up here damnit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
the colder it is here the more time i have to get ready HAHAAH. i am so far behind.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 08:46 PM
Evolved Member

Atleast you guys have the ability to work on your cars
Old Mar 24, 2013, 08:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 37 Posts
Why are you thinking of taking out the ACD? Now that these can be custom reflashed in the US you'd lose out on another adjustable option to help the car corner better. Or will you not care about the cornering on this one since you have another Road Race car?

Last edited by codgi; Mar 24, 2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old Mar 24, 2013, 09:04 PM
Evolved Member

Dan: You and me both. This has been a horrible winter over here. There is still like 2 feet of snow on the ground here. Just hate even walking out in the cold.

Mullen: Why do you not have the ability to work on your car???

Codgi: The car is going to be a beast of everything. I have the Buschur Racing Magnum EVO for my road racing car but only time will tell if I will ever get to that. As for the ACD delete, I was under the impression and the power level that I will be at, it is not going to be happy and the ACD tcase will not be as strong as the mechanical LSD non ACD tcase? Plus it saves a bunch of weight. Any thoughts on this is greatly appreciated.
Old Mar 25, 2013, 08:11 AM
Evolved Member

My car is in the garage back in PA, I live in Virginia Beach now and don't have a garage...
As for ACD, Ernie did a relocation of his reservoir to the trunk and hasn't mentioned breaking his at track events. I think he makes around the same power level with a TON of tire on the pavement. You could always jump in his thread or pm him with questions. BTW he is also in the works of making new rear trailing arms and billet hubs now that he works at APR.

Quick Reply: Extremedsm "Takin it to the Extreme" Part 2 2.3 BB Black with Weight Reduction!!!