Notices
Motor Sports If you like rallying, road racing, autoxing, or track events, then this is the spot for you.

R U Faster Than A Redneck ?

Old Jan 27, 2013, 10:26 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question R U Faster Than A Redneck ?

So......R U Faster Than A Redneck.....?

Catchy Title Right? Well that's what they're counting on at the Speed Network. That's the Official Title of the new 8 episode series debuting Feb 22nd that SSP competed in last year. Now due to confidentiality contracts out the wazoo I'm not able to say much more than I'm on the show. And I wasn't even aloud to mention that fact until the commercials started airing just the other day, and have been running back to back on the Speed Chanel all morning during the 24hrs of Daytona today. So make sure and watch the Speed Chanel on Feb 22nd to see SSP take on the Rednecks for $10,000 !!

Old Jan 27, 2013, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice! I wanted to do this but it would have taken almost the amount of money the prize was to invest in my car to make it worth it.
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:14 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Its all fun & games using racial slurs about southern Caucasians, but dare poking fun at other races
Most Caucasians stay silent
Old Jan 27, 2013, 05:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ReaperX
Nice! I wanted to do this but it would have taken almost the amount of money the prize was to invest in my car to make it worth it.

That sucks man, wish you could have made it out. I didn't see any Evo's at the track, but then again we were individually sequestered so it's not like I would have known.

Old Jan 27, 2013, 06:05 PM
Former Sponsor

Hey Jeremy, you guys ever going to make it out to any of the NASA races? or possibly the global time attack event this year?
Old Jan 28, 2013, 05:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by KevinD
Hey Jeremy, you guys ever going to make it out to any of the NASA races? or possibly the global time attack event this year?

I just moved to Texas not to long ago so I really haven't had much time to get into the track scene here regarding NASA specific events. I've raced in NASA Events on the east coast for years now..... Global Time Attack, and the Real Time Attack Series which I went undefeated in 2011. Not sure about running in Global this though year since they only come to TX once, and all the races are all over the country. So unless your a fully sponsored car/huge shop there is no way you can afford to campaign the car for a full season. I'll be most likely running in the NARRA Series this year starting at TWS in 3 weeks.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 07:36 AM
chu
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SSP Jeremy
I just moved to Texas not to long ago so I really haven't had much time to get into the track scene here regarding NASA specific events. I've raced in NASA Events on the east coast for years now..... Global Time Attack, and the Real Time Attack Series which I went undefeated in 2011. Not sure about running in Global this though year since they only come to TX once, and all the races are all over the country. So unless your a fully sponsored car/huge shop there is no way you can afford to campaign the car for a full season. I'll be most likely running in the NARRA Series this year starting at TWS in 3 weeks.
GTA isn't traveling much this season other than Road Atlanta. We're going to miss them up in the Northeast. Most of the events will be in the west coast..
Old Jan 28, 2013, 11:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Funny, seen posts of other nationally competitive autoX guys who were asked to be on the show... then told to 'slow down, or we won't have a show to film!'

nothing like un-reality tv.
Old Jan 28, 2013, 12:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Bassicfun
Funny, seen posts of other nationally competitive autoX guys who were asked to be on the show... then told to 'slow down, or we won't have a show to film!'

Haha, that's so typical!

Hope to see ya on the track Jeremy!
Old Jan 28, 2013, 02:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

LOL! "Reality TV" has become a joke .... I saw the trailer for this show on SpeedTV where one driver walks over to another driver parked in the car and smacks the dude across the face.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:29 AM
Former Sponsor

And of course everything you read on the internet is true right.......
Old Jan 29, 2013, 06:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by DaWorstPlaya
LOL! "Reality TV" has become a joke .... I saw the trailer for this show on SpeedTV where one driver walks over to another driver parked in the car and smacks the dude across the face.

Actually that was NOT scripted at all, and when that episode airs you'll understand why he got slapped.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 08:10 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
And of course everything you read on the internet is true right.......
My apology, that wasn't my intent Jeremy, but to simply ask the question "do you trust hollywood production teams that are ratings/profit-minded? or grassroots autocrossers that we compete with throughout the year?"

personally, it is quite an easy decision for me.
Old Jan 29, 2013, 09:40 AM
Former Sponsor

My apology, that wasn't my intent Jeremy, but to simply ask the question "do you trust hollywood production teams that are ratings/profit-minded? or grassroots autocrossers that we compete with throughout the year?"

personally, it is quite an easy decision for me.

All I can say with certainty is that I was never asked to slow down.

Old Jan 29, 2013, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 56 Posts
All I can say with certainty is that I was never asked to slow down.

maybe they only asked the fast guys to slow down ...

JK! im excited to see your segment.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: R U Faster Than A Redneck ?