Notices
Midwest Region Includes IA, IL, IN, MI, MN, MO, WI, OH.

Got my white evo at Springfield,IL (capitol mitsu)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2003, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got my white evo at Springfield,IL (capitol mitsu)

Got mine today! Sittin pretty at 44 miles and got it at MSRP. After the PDI there was 11 miles test drove it last night and put about 7 miles on it. So I put about 20 miles on it tonight.

All I can say is this car is simply amazing. I don't think there is anything that explains it. Sure I can go into a review about it...but hell everyone and their mom has done that. I will say this, it is worth every penny at MSRP.

But, if there is anyone that wants an in depth review of the car....cause I know there were people wanting that on other threads......if this is the case let me know. I'll answer any q's for ya!

Jake

New proud owner of a Weightless White Lancer Evolution VIII!

By the way if anyone is wanting an evo there is one available...it is black. Call 217-544-1721 ask for Jeremy. The guy backed out of his deposit, that is why it is available.
Old Mar 7, 2003, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

hooray for weightless white!

congrats, fov-ruh...go ahead and give us a little gushin'...i'm sure no one around here will mind.

...except for those having trouble waiting for theirs to be delivered. (:

-K
Old Mar 8, 2003, 10:43 AM
Evolved Member

congrats favre.
i just have to wait until next year to get it cuz im buying a house in summer. yeah, i went to capital and saw both of them, the black one and the white. they both looked awesome.
well, i hope i see you around springfield. enjoy.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Congrats Farve!
I also got a Weightless White..... dosnt it look just awsome?

And the power,,, you really have to watch what your doing!

On the higway ,, you can pull up to someone going 65 and give it about 2 inches of gas... vrooooooommmmmm,,, in a few seconds your doing 90+,,,, can you say tq.,

This is really a great car.
Enjoy
Old Mar 8, 2003, 01:36 PM
Evolving Member

I just saw a black, silver, and white in person. The sliver is a little too "blue" for my taste. Black makes it look smaller and shows the "painted by the same guys who painted the 13k Lancer" a little bit much. White is THE color for me!
Old Mar 8, 2003, 01:58 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks guys! Well, I don't understand why the mags dog this engine for being flat before the turbo kicking in. Cause it is very responsive!!!! Yes, it is very stiff.....it is a good kinda stiff....you feel everything which helps more than it hurts. One thing that I noticed about the brakes is.....when coming to a stop, you can feel that advanced braking system kicking in. One wheel will have more stopping power...and it will pull the steering wheel a bit....it is pretty cool. But, it does stop on a dime nonetheless!!! THe HID's are fabulous!!! can see everything...gotta love the leveler dial!! Havn't used the water sprayer really yet....yes you can see it spray up onto the intercooler...it's pretty neat seeing it. Just have not used it while driving, no need to yet. The trademark spoiler is awesome!!!! thats all I can say about that!

I had them leave a majority of the wrapping on the inside of the car and a bit on the outside, and they didn't wash it. I left the driver side lower door jamb plastic on so I don't scuff that plastic up till I can get the scuff plate.

Yes, they put premium in. A whole tank full! LOL! I know everyone over at our mitsu dealer very well, and they will treat you good. They don't fit the standard cali dealership image at all. Yes they still are a dealer and need to make their money, but they are pretty good people for the most part.

Oh by the way a guy that works up at the lake zurich (chicago) performance shop stopped in with a evo 2 on his trailer while I was there. Pretty awesome man...now all I want is his ralli//art coat

But anyway guys thanks for the congrats....now all i gotta do is make the 500 dollar a month payments LOL that big of a payment is very very new to me. wish me luck cause I need it! LOL

see ya guys

Last edited by favre95; Mar 8, 2003 at 02:02 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 02:28 PM
Evolved Member

hey favre how much was the out the door price and what apr are u paying for how long??
$500 bucks a month??
how much did u put down on it?
wut are u paying for insurence??
please let me know man. i need to see a ball park figure.
thankx and glad to hear u love the car.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

I am paying in the 500 dollar range right now...but things are going to change...my payment is going to go down...it's a very long story. But it will prolly go down to about 460. I went through heartland credit union for the initial loan just to get the check in my hand. My buddy runs the loan department there and he has something up his sleave to help my payment out. The APR I am at right now for 6 years is 4.75...that is pretty damn good for 6 years. I paid, 33,182 with tax at MSRP....hope this helps...oh I put 0 down. I have a paper route through the SJ-R that pays for most of the payment. Again, hope this helps!

see ya

jake
Old Mar 8, 2003, 02:51 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a weightless white/Red on order and haven't seen too many pictures of them in white. They either have the shrink wrap on them or at weird angles. Please try to take some pics and post them at your earlier convenience if you're not busy. Thanks man
Old Mar 8, 2003, 03:44 PM
gtr
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
pics,pics,pics

I hate the process fees on loans. My 4.95%=5. something
Old Mar 8, 2003, 03:58 PM
Evolved Member

i think thats a pretty good apr for 0 down and $500 a month??
seems like you got a great deal.
good for you man
next march im thinking about putting down about $15000 as a down payment for the car. i think i'll be looking at around $400 or 450 for 4 years. thanks for the info favre.
Old Mar 8, 2003, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

sorry guys no pics...there is a thread on here with 3 good shots of the weightless white...it had TWO BIG MITSUBISHI in the thread title.....hell thats all I did was stare at those pictures while I was at work!!!!LOL! I could not get my mind off that car.

I wish I had 15000 grand to put down....but hey....I am just happy to be an evo owner regardless! I think it is money well spent. I have been waiting for this car for about 5 years or so....and it finally happened. All I can say is seize the opportunity man....don't let it pass you by.

Yeah when i said 500 I am right at like 505 a month. So....for a 30 grand car and 0 down I am happy nonetheless.

see ya

Jake
Old Mar 8, 2003, 07:58 PM
Evolving Member

whao 500us bucks per mth...tht's pretty cheap.my mum's paying US$511 for her lancer 1.5(tht's a seven yr payment w us$8000 downpayment).....haha.well...one day i'll go over there to get e evo if i could...

u guys over at get to own great cars.

PIcs/////PIcs picsssssssssssssssss!

Last edited by espido1001; Mar 8, 2003 at 08:01 PM.