Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

New upcoming "2000hp" American hypercar... Lolz

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2014, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by brandobaggins
I just don't understand this push for huge HP numbers. Even if they do get to 2000HP, who's going to buy this thing... and for what reason?
this. I don't understand the need for all this HP unless it is a track only monster. Even 1000 WHP is overkill for me. It's great that they can do it, but if half the HP goes up in smoke everytime you stab at the throttle, what is the point?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 05:29 PM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
Originally Posted by JGreg89
Why buy something like that when you can buy a Evo and mod the shizz out of it to make it super quick.
For the same reason you buy a Ferrari even though a lightly modded Evo can go faster...

Originally Posted by ChipperEvo
this. I don't understand the need for all this HP unless it is a track only monster. Even 1000 WHP is overkill for me. It's great that they can do it, but if half the HP goes up in smoke everytime you stab at the throttle, what is the point?
Bragging rights / attention. The same reason most of these startups emphasize top speed or 0-60. It's easy to grasp and think "woah that must be an amazing car". Talking downforce, lateral gs, or even lap times is harder to grasp.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 05:47 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I will admit, it has some lambo looks going for it but from behind it looks very pretty. And what makes them think that if this is the "Nemesis" of the Europeans, how will the Europeans allow them on any of their roads to prove its power?
Old Apr 15, 2014, 06:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
For the same reason you buy a Ferrari even though a lightly modded Evo can go faster...

Bragging rights / attention. The same reason most of these startups emphasize top speed or 0-60. It's easy to grasp and think "woah that must be an amazing car". Talking downforce, lateral gs, or even lap times is harder to grasp.
I agree that it is mainly for show/bragging. just wish the car culture here in the States wasn't so focused on the dumb pedal, "hold my beer while I do this wicked burn out bro!" mentality.
Old Apr 15, 2014, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
eeehhh
Old Apr 15, 2014, 07:48 PM
Evolving Member

If this comes out to be as nice and is done right I wonder what Jeremy form TOP GEAR would say.

Jeremy: "The hill billies in Amurica have gotten together in a garage and made us..... THISSS"
Audience: "oooooo"
James: "What is that?"
Jeremy: "Says here is the Trion Nemesis and its says (in Jeremy high squeaky to low voice) its the Nemesis of the European auto makers"
Hammond: Wow that is quite beautiful.
Jeremy "You know I will admit it is quite nice and that is why I went to the United Americas of the States to see what equate to our Nemesis"
Jeremy Intro" When I expected to get here I expected a few guys in a run down part of town ith what looks like <insert british guys name> in <insert british location> wearing <insert british random object>. But when I got here I found I was wrong." Camera pan at profesional building wiht guys with lab coats. Jeremy: " Very Very wrong."
Cut to Jeremy in Car: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"
End of Segment:
Clapping
Team88 | JukΣboҲ V59: Jeremy: I really think after driving that car that it might be America's first real super car. Even though because of the speed limits, i never was able to go over 65 mph. No plastic bumpers or klunkiness or stupid flappy paddle gear boxes. Just proper power and styling."
Old Apr 16, 2014, 09:22 AM
El Jefe

Received 83 Likes on 75 Posts
You forgot two things:

1) "The most powerful production car... in the world"
2) A reference to stig testing it, or not testing it because it's actually vaporware.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 04:39 AM

The tail lights and spoiler look alot like the Mclaren p1.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 09:48 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by WestSideBilly
You forgot two things:

1) "The most powerful production car... in the world"
2) A reference to stig testing it, or not testing it because it's actually vaporware.
This is very true. I am interested to see that if it does get to 60 in 2.8 how fast it will actually go around the track. I does look very wide and bulky to turn.
Old Apr 19, 2014, 11:57 AM
Evolving Member

If they can make it work, I'd love to see it. It's highly unlikely tho.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 04:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
While the rest of the world is working on the next generation of Supercar, leave it to the US to reinvent the wheel. Can't wait until Top Gear reviews (cough craps on) it, assuming it ever actually gets built.

My guess is it will run in the 11's and catch fire.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 12:57 PM
Evolving Member

I say go for it. Let them build it. None of us can afford it but as the poor guy in the corner. I say build what you can dream, go bigger then the other person. I'm happy just to watch from the sidelines. This is how new ideas and products develop. Cuz of madness like this we got the turbo chargers, awd, lsd, guys trying to out due other person... I say build it