Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Buschur Racing - 2013 Ford Focus ST - R&D Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:22 AM
Account Disabled

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DB or Jarrod, how's the rear passenger leg room? From the pics it looks pretty tight back there.

I like the dual exhaust tip much better than the single!
Old Dec 14, 2012, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
I just went out and attempted to sit in the back seat. Yeah, it's tight back there if the front seats are back much at all. Seat is comfortable but back seat room isn't great in the leg area.

Thanks for the tip compliment. It was a great find by Jarrod, I like it better than the single too.
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
We're starting to have items come available for release to you guys. We first released our ST air filter kit, its not time for our second official release.

We're proud to release to the ST community...

The Buschur Racing 2013+ Focus ST 3" to 2 1/2" Catless Stainless Steel Downpipe w/ flex:

- **MADE IN THE USA**
- 3" to 2 1/2" Stainless Steel
- High Quality Design
- Stainless Steel Flanges
- Includes 02 Fouler
- Eliminates Catalytic Converter

$209 - **FREE SHIPPING**

The downpipes are ready for order NOW and will ship in a few days after placing your order.

They're available by calling the shop to place an order (440-839-1900) or by visiting our Ebay store.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130822329902...ewitem&vxp=mtr

Take care!
Old Dec 18, 2012, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
Awesome progress so far, these cars intrigue me!
Old Dec 19, 2012, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We can build a HFC version BUT it's honestly POINTLESS. Even without a cat the power gains were pretty small.
Old Dec 24, 2012, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
I work at a ford dealer and took the first st we had for a drive. I was pretty impressed with the car. It has a very smooth power band. Would not mind picking one up but would not give up my evo for one.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 04:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would it take to convert the car from FWD to AWD? How many major drivetrain components would be needed and what kind of engineering challenges would one encounter?
Could you use familiarity with the Evo's drivetrain to engineer a similar setup in the Focus?
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:10 PM
EvoM Administrator

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by rgm.evo
What would it take to convert the car from FWD to AWD? How many major drivetrain components would be needed and what kind of engineering challenges would one encounter?
Could you use familiarity with the Evo's drivetrain to engineer a similar setup in the Focus?
I'm no engineer but the car is built on a dedicated FWD platform - there's no room for a transfer case, driveshaft, rear diff, etc. and there's no existing car to pull parts from. I imagine the only way to do it is to build a car from scratch which is what they do for Focus rally cars.
Old Dec 31, 2012, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

I didn't know Buschur was working on the Focus. It's a nice platform.

I'm still a little angry at Ford, I feel like the U.S. got cheated out of the Focus RS.

Anyway, I was happy to find this thread, and will be watching closely.
Old Jan 1, 2013, 05:37 PM

I'm no engineer but the car is built on a dedicated FWD platform - there's no room for a transfer case, driveshaft, rear diff, etc. and there's no existing car to pull parts from. I imagine the only way to do it is to build a car from scratch which is what they do for Focus rally cars.
Thank you for the response. I understand that direct injection can help cool the intake air better than port injection, this is helpful especially in turbo cars. Would the addition of port injection provide any advantages?
If there would be any advantages, would an aftermarket ECU be necessary?
Old Jan 8, 2013, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

Got my Focus ST in late December... and I love this freakin' car! Can't put the power down decently on dry asphalt though... imagine on snowy roads! TC FTW! LOL

I didn't know Bushur was working on parts for the ST. This is great news! I am really tempted by that filter... but would like the air box cover I see on the pictures too. It doesn't seem to be for sale... am I mistaken??? Or maybe I just don't understand what I'm seeing? Some detailed pics would help if it's not too much to ask...
Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:10 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
Got my Focus ST in late December... and I love this freakin' car! Can't put the power down decently on dry asphalt though... imagine on snowy roads! TC FTW! LOL

I didn't know Bushur was working on parts for the ST. This is great news! I am really tempted by that filter... but would like the air box cover I see on the pictures too. It doesn't seem to be for sale... am I mistaken??? Or maybe I just don't understand what I'm seeing? Some detailed pics would help if it's not too much to ask...
That's just the OEM airbox.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Talking

Originally Posted by otter
That's just the OEM airbox.

It is?! Shows you I don't know the car at all right now! Looks to be a perfect fit! I really like this setup. I can't see how it would change the sound though... if it's the same box with a filter of the same shape...
Old Jan 9, 2013, 01:23 PM
Evolved Member

I can't believe these things come with twin disc clutches!

When's it going on e85 Dave ?
Old Jan 9, 2013, 02:47 PM
EvoM Administrator

Originally Posted by WoRkZ
It is?! Shows you I don't know the car at all right now! Looks to be a perfect fit! I really like this setup. I can't see how it would change the sound though... if it's the same box with a filter of the same shape...
OEM air filter has a closed end (open up your hood and you can see it). Buschur's filter has an open end. That's where the extra sound comes from.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing - 2013 Ford Focus ST - R&D Thread