Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Regarding Celica vs Evo 7

Search this Thread

Old Jul 22, 2002, 11:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Clear a name

I think most of the informed people here understood what you had to say, and there was no need to clear the Celica's name. One guy says a bunch of crazy claims about a Celica being better, so we countered them, I don't think anyone went a step further by trying to say that Celica's were unrealizble, or got bad gas mileage, or whatever, just that an EVO should be given the same tuning to make the test reasonable. I personally feel like both the Celica and the WRX are not good looking cars in stock form. It all starts with the headlights and I think both are bad designs, they look like insects to me. However, I will say this,the modified versions do look a whole lot better, and the silver Celica posted earlier does look great. But I would rather start with a much better looking car like an EVO, with an engine with much higher potential and AWD and mod it to produce an awesome car.
Old Jul 22, 2002, 11:39 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Claudius
t2000gts

you surely wouldnt want to buy a car that a Celica with suspension would lap?

Ok, enough teasing You cant compare a modified car VS a standard car, can you? So forget about that.

What matters is not how fast it can go, but how fast you can go with it, right? If you drive and drift the hell out of your car, you've got my respect, whether it's an Evo, a Subaru, an M3 or a Celica. [/B]
and now you've got my respect, that's exactly my philosophy, i didn't think it was yours as well this entire thing i guess was that the celica is a viable platform for someone wanting to be pretty quick.

and the Celica right now can ONLY be quicker than an EVO when it's on a full out race track with a tuned suspension with a couple of laps to warm up and both their engines are stock, and the EVO's suspension is stock too. i don't live on a race track i want to pull out of my driveway and mash the gas and go nuts. also it sucks in snow and new york roads/weather for me, this car is too aggressively suspensioned even when stock. the shocks are already gone and everything. i'm still going to modify it further, until i break the damn thing, then maybe EVO time

someone said the EVO can keep up with a Zonda C12 on a track. i bet it would rape it in the snow or gravel.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 05:49 AM

I drive a RSX type S, I know id get ROCKED by a EVO.. .(the EVO7 does a 1/4 mile in 13.4?)i personally like the way the EVO7 looks... and your CELICA looks awesome

-Shahul X
Artic Blue RSX type S
wilwood brake kit
steel braided brake lines
progress rear sway bar
comptech exhaust
injen intake
tanabe front strut bar
revo short shifter
SSR competition 17x7.5
Nitto 215/45/17 zr
jdm headlamp conversion
jdm rear wing
ion fogs(on the way)
C-west front lip(on the way)
h&r springs
ingalls camber kit
35% blue tint
Attached Thumbnails Regarding Celica vs Evo 7-rsxnew3.jpg  
Old Jul 23, 2002, 06:16 AM

yours is the best looking RSX i've seen to date, very nice car. just don't dirty it up with vinyl or any tacky bodykits, the oem one or oem-type kit looks nice and conservative.
Old Jul 23, 2002, 09:15 AM

Oh yeah - WHEN the EVO comes out come look me up and I'll be happy to break out my 90 Celica Alltrac Turbo and school you at the dragstrip. Assuming I'm done building it by then. I guess its a race to see who can procrastinate less. I do have an advantage though - I don't have to get past CARB, I just have to get by joe greasemonkey down at the smog station, and you KNOW it doesn't take much to grease his palm

Yes I plan to street a 500HP AWD car, as will a lot of you by the time you car has been out long enough for the aftermarkey to give you the goodies. I'm looking forward to it - I think the EVO is going to do great things for the racing scene over here, and force manufacturers to at least think about starting to put those beautiful little turbos back in our engine compartments where they belong.

Griffin
Old Jul 23, 2002, 03:41 PM
Evolved Member

this thread is getting stupid and pointless
Old Jul 23, 2002, 06:26 PM
Evolved Member

nyoneway..nice OZ Rally in the picture of ya car.
Claudius..do OZ Rally owners get your respect if they can get their car sideways on pavement without the ebrake?

The comment about being underdogs and tuner's having something to prove rings home with this 60hp/liter driver.

LanEvo you should cheer up

l8r
Old Jul 23, 2002, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Claude, have you been eating those pills I sent you for you to keep till I get there?? You seem to have lost it and spout pure love, let me correct this problem:

Celicas, other than the GT4, are all cars for pansies and don't handle for ****!!! It was close, but I think I kept the thread on track
Old Jul 24, 2002, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

I prefer driving the edge of my wheels over small rodents trying to cross the road in front of me while getting sideways of course Claud.
Old Jul 28, 2002, 10:38 AM

Location: CT- the land of cops, potholes, and never ending construction projects
The Evo and Celica are priced similarly in both of their major markets (Japan and US, respectively). The Evo RS is 22-24k in japan (this is all from memory, so i could be wrong) while the Celica GT-S is about the same over here. So, technically, the Hotchkis Celica does cost more than a stock Evo.

BTW- I do know that there are Japanese versions of the Celica, but Toyota sells more Cels (hey, it rhymes) over in America than in Japan, while Mitsubishi sells more Evos in Japan than in America (for the time being), so i figured the cars' main markets to be the markets in which they sell the most cars.

Last edited by 97 gp gt; Jul 28, 2002 at 10:41 AM.