Notices
The Loft / EvoM Car Talk Corner The landing pad for automotive discussions, news, articles, and opinions. A place for the community to kick back and chat.

Interested in Mirage to Evo conversions info etc. New to Evos not the Mark :)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 05:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interested in Mirage to Evo conversions info etc. New to Evos not the Mark :)

I tried posting this up in the Newbie section and got not one response from it. I hope I can get the help before having to dig into it and figure it out. but here goes. Thanks in advance guys.

Hey guys I've been in the 3000GT/STEALTH/GTO scene since 2001. I think My time has come to venture into other projects such as evo 2-6 deals. I have already converted my old 94 3000GT into a show winning GTO in my sig. I will not touch the car anymore other than maintenence and any other items it may need later on. It took 3 trophies at HIN here in Tampa(I reside in Orlando) and think she is beautiful the way she sits. I am looking into purchasing RHD JDM vehicles and possibly selling them if everything goes successful or possibly just making myself a little daily driver RHD Evolution 4-6. I've looked around on here and have found some that some parts from the 7-9 models are interchangeable with the Mirage. This would be nice as many upgrade to aftermarket seats and anything that is interchangable (even with slight modifications) would be better than the regular Mirage seats. Then what I need is to be guided into the right direction of individuals either chime in and give me a hand or let me know who i can talk to. I am interested in converting my 97 Mirage into an evolution. Looking for places that can source me the parts/cars or suggestions. I've began to look and remembered it was a lot easier when I went to convert my Stealth TT to fwd 3si.org made it a bit easier. I've converted my GTO to everything in my sig so fab work isn't a problem just knowing I'm not going the hard way around to do it would be the help i'd be looking for. Alright guys which evo would be better? who has done this conversion already? How much of a hassle is the rear subframe mounting? can the driveshaft just be cut? is running the body harness no big deal for the RHD? Why ask because it was almost impossible for anyone to help me out when I did my GTO conversion and actually many just hated and talked crap about it the whole time. heres proof. But anyways yes this is a lengthy first post but i hope you guys read through and can give me a helping hand thanks. Basically this is me again asking for the help before I have to figure it out on my own which is the long Lonely road http://www.3si.org/forum/f1/lhd-rhd-...stions-343041/
Heres my STEALTH TT http://videos.streetfire.net/video/S...Twin_71351.htm
Old Aug 25, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
tkrperformance (Mark from Minnesota) did a complete Mirage to RHD Evo III swap in his garage. He also was I believe the first to AWD + turbo swap a NT 2G Eclipse Spyder.

Last edited by Kracka; Aug 25, 2009 at 11:46 AM.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 06:01 PM

thanks searching now
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:51 PM
Evolving Member

Hi, I'm working on an mirage to evo 6 convertion for almost 7 years now. Hope it'll be finished by this winter. The big issue here is that it is a 2 doors mirage (4 doors is a lot easier. All underbody are the same but about 3" shorter. I welded the complete trunk floor pan from an evo 8 to the mirage. I'm using an JDM evo 6 engine swap with 5 speed awd trans. I'll add some picture soon.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

I really recommend to you to buy a totaled evo 8. It is an easy parts swap and little mods are needed.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
http://www.lilevo.com/
I know this guy has done it before. He was also famed for "breaking a Skyline" during cruising night. Read up on the 89 Mirage to see what he's done. Full AWD swap and all.

I have no idea if a Mirage to Evo swap is even possible since current Evos (since the IV) has had the trans on the driver side. You would have to do a lot of customizing. It would be easier if you did a DSM swap from an Eclipse/Talon though. Just build the engine and swap it out if you want.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:04 PM
Evolving Member

Recaros seats rails are not the sames but I got an used set from Ebay.uk.
Rear seat is a direct swap from evo 8-9 to the mirage 4 doors but not the 2 doors coupe.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:37 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by alexisrc
Recaros seats rails are not the sames but I got an used set from Ebay.uk.
Rear seat is a direct swap from evo 8-9 to the mirage 4 doors but not the 2 doors coupe.
Nice,

I suppose the 4 door mirage would need all the dirvetrain hole drilled into the body to complete a swap?
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

If you are talking about the rear propeler shaft you need only to weld the two supports to the mirage's underbody. The mirage already have part of one.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:42 PM

sick and thanks guys. so boriqua manda me las photos para saber como hacer lo. I really don't want to have to figure it out. So the rear evo 8 floor is the same deal? how about transmissions do they all switch? and also hows the wiring?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:44 AM
Evolving Member

I'll send pictures ASAP.
Old Aug 27, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolving Member

Evo 4-6 and evo 7-9 shares the same platform
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:04 PM

i've done the swap as well on a 94 mirage, it's not that hard the main problem is people are too scared to even try it. I was 17 when i did it and i had no clue what i was doing haha
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:22 PM
Evolving Member

Is it AWD too?
Old Aug 27, 2009, 12:24 PM
Evolving Member

I compared my evo 8 with the evo 6 parts and they all looks the same.

Quick Reply: Interested in Mirage to Evo conversions info etc. New to Evos not the Mark :)